Page 1 of 67
1
2
3
11
51
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Over 9000! adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    9,433

    LFR is a god send!

    Now I know there's a lot of hate for LFR however to me it's a god send. I'm one of these people that don't have time or the insensitive to be a raider... I play for RP & Story. Because of this I missed out on raids, often having to wait till me and a select few out level it! However LFR let's me experience the story in full and experience all the content provided. I aren't really interested in the gear race etc so I usually only do a raid once (unless there's a mount I want) but LFR has surprisingly really opened up WoW to me

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Sarithus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,253
    Well that's good. Don't you want to try raiding though?
    My Warrior
    Arms Proving Grounds Guide
    When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.

  3. #3
    Good, that is exactly the reason blizzard likes it too. It is there to combat "the sunwell problem" of people not being able to experience the content.

  4. #4
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,652
    Joined 2010. 5550 post. I assume some underlying motifs here. Forum too quiet for you in recent days? Because this sure is gonna end up in a flame wars and some infractions.

    But I bite. Yes, as an EX-Raider who raided current content through 11 Tiers, LFR is indeed something I enjoy (mostly). And I am not one of those who had only bad experiences, in fact I'd say 90% of my runs were "uneventful" - a wipe here and there and the odd raid that I quit.

    These days, I am hoping for flex, did a few runs with friends and it is nice to have a bit of the old times without the time sink. Once a week, couple of hours, couple of wings.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  5. #5
    The Patient nulir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    216
    As someone who found themselves guildless and unable to raid anymore due to guild disbanding and not being able to find a guild of the same skill in need of a Warlock, LFR is still as useless now to me as when I was raiding Heroics.

    LFR is a clusterfuck of morons and bad players, the best parts of raiding don't even exist in LFR as there's no mechanical challenge, no dps challenge, no friends, no satisfaction from a kill ect.

    I currently am only playing my alts and getting professions ready for next expansion where hopefully I have better luck but I'd rather do a few bosses pugged a week than waste my time with LFR mess.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Well that's good. Don't you want to try raiding though?
    In LFR, 25% of the people know what they're doing, a third of the people don't know but are trying, and the rest are afk/hopeless.

    If Molten Core was considered raiding, then LFR should be considered raiding.
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,446
    LFR should have been rewarding no gear though, so you could only see content, and not farm it for free epics.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  8. #8
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,747
    I'm sorry but LFR is only working for one group of people. The botters, the moochers, the afkers, the noobs. The bads.

    If you consider yourself not bad, go do flex.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,700
    As someone who doesn't want to spend too much time on the game these days either, I'm happy with LFR. Sure normal raiding was more fun, but I can settle with this since I don't need to invest so much time into it. The LFR haters pretty much assume that everyone plays the game as much as them, which is far from the truth.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    LFR should have been rewarding no gear though, so you could only see content, and not farm it for free epics.
    And then never move up to another level of raiding because they'd be wearing heroic blues. Makes sense.
    Garth Brooks convinced me it's not living if I stand outside the fire

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Now I know there's a lot of hate for LFR however to me it's a god send. I'm one of these people that don't have time or the insensitive to be a raider... I play for RP & Story. Because of this I missed out on raids, often having to wait till me and a select few out level it! However LFR let's me experience the story in full and experience all the content provided. I aren't really interested in the gear race etc so I usually only do a raid once (unless there's a mount I want) but LFR has surprisingly really opened up WoW to me
    There's no problem with LFR itself, and I don't think there ever has been. It's the misuse and abuse found in an anonymous social environment that causes the issues you see complaints about.

    It's good to see that at least one person uses it for its intended purpose. Glad you're enjoying it

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    LFR should have been rewarding no gear though, so you could only see content, and not farm it for free epics.
    The color of the gear hasn't mattered since Wrath, where Heroics that were even easier than LFR gave out free epics. Heck, even by doing dailies you got epics in the end because they gave Frost Emblems, it was unavoidable having them thrown in your face. You're a couple expansions late complaining that epics aren't epics anymore.

  13. #13
    Over 9000! adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    9,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Well that's good. Don't you want to try raiding though?
    I don't have time anymore for specific raid times & expectations

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm sorry but LFR is only working for one group of people. The botters, the moochers, the afkers, the noobs. The bads.

    If you consider yourself not bad, go do flex.
    Too many wipes occur in flex not to mention the ridiculous ilvl requirements that people ask for.
    Much happier selecting a role and letting the server find a group for me. Not all the times I wait out the queue due to time limits but when I get into raid I shut up and do my job.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    And then never move up to another level of raiding because they'd be wearing heroic blues. Makes sense.
    It wasn't that long ago that this is exactly how it worked. I'm guessing the color of gear became such an issue for everyone that just about everything is purple now.

    For instance, if SoO LFR rewarded the EXACT same gear, same stats, etc, etc as it does now.... But was blue with an LFR tag on it... People would lose their fucking minds.

    Whatever works, I guess.

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    5,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm sorry but LFR is only working for one group of people. The botters, the moochers, the afkers, the noobs. The bads.

    If you consider yourself not bad, go do flex.
    Ignorance is bliss I suppose?

    Flex doesn't work with my schedule. So I do LFR, doesn't make me any of the insulting things you posted above.

    OT: I agree LFR is a godsend, going from a hardcore raider in TBC, to fairly part time in WOTLK, to no raiding in Cata, due to changes in my life, I love LFR, it gives me the chance to see the content, but also still be able to progress my toon in a small way.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Well that's good. Don't you want to try raiding though?
    Nope. Have raiding in the past in a 10 man and 25 man guild, so i have tried it both ways. My schedule has changed and the time i can raid are random so LFR is the best thing ever!!!

  18. #18
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where the wind carry my wings
    Posts
    317
    Good for you !
    I understand that LFR is a good thing for a category of players.
    Personnally I find it boring. But since there are people that enjoy it, it's a good idea.
    You seem to be the targeted audience, someone without time or will to push through raids but is interested in seeing the story.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't have time anymore for specific raid times & expectations
    I'd suggest Flex, but seeing as how you say you only run it once and only for the story, LFR is still your best bet.

  20. #20
    Over 9000! adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    9,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If you consider yourself not bad, go do flex.
    Why do I need to prove anything in a video game? I play for fun not for ego

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •