Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Success = money

Oooooook!!

Rich can I have a lend of your gun for a second so I can shoot myself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Success = money

Oooooook!!

Rich can I have a lend of your gun for a second so I can shoot myself?
    No, bullets are expensive and cost money, if I give you a bullet I lose a tiny bit of success.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    It is a duty to make as much money as possible? Duty to who?
    The tax man

Deleted
    No, bullets are expensive and cost money, if I give you a bullet I lose a tiny bit of success.
    I could hang myself but thats a poor way to go and I don't want to be seen as a loser.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a duty to make as much money as possible? Duty to who?
    That refers to the progress part, not the money.

Deleted
    I could hang myself but thats a poor way to go and I don't want to be seen as a loser.
    What about wear and tear on the rope? Success does not grow on trees you know.

Deleted
    Being happy with what I am doing. And I have high goals, but I am pretty happy atm

Deleted
    I don't think I have any. It seems in life you always verge between satisfaction and value. I doubt if any those two states is better than the other, and I don't think anyone made an independent choice. To favor satisfaction or value; I don't know if any of them truly has the upper hand in the regard of one's personal success.

The happy are worthless and the worthy are unhappy it seems.
    Last edited by mmoc859327f960; 2013-10-16 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    success for me is generating enough income to where I can do the things I want in my off time without worrying about paying bills.

Deleted
    I think I have two stories of success I know of personally.
    Id like to share them with you mmochamps:
    1) a 16 years old drummer from a poor fucked up family that, without a world of English, decides to try his luck in England and only through pure skills actually ends up playing with Bruce Dickinson in a matter of a couple years, and subsequently hits it in the USA as sessionist.

2) this dear friend of mine on his early thirties that finally decides to leave everything and join the army to get to the SBS. He fails his first test, tries again and fucking manages to go through at the early age of 31. With kids 10 years younger than him around.

I think these two are the most successful people I know personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Success to me is to have enough money where you can buy what ever you want, and then be able to go back to school and tell your teacher to fuck off cuz ur rich Wow i have high expectations for my future , i have a feeling im going to be sorely disappointed...

Deleted
    I think I have two stories of success I know of personally.
    Id like to share them with you mmochamps:
    1) a 16 years old drummer from a poor fucked up family that, without a world of English, decides to try his luck in England and only through pure skills actually ends up playing with Bruce Dickinson in a matter of a couple years, and subsequently hits it in the USA as sessionist.

2) this dear friend of mine on his early thirties that finally decides to leave everything and join the army to get to the SBS. He fails his first test, tries again and fucking manages to go through at the early age of 31. With kids 10 years younger than him around.

I think these two are the most successful people I know personally.
    Pretty sure if your mate was in or even applying for the SBS, he wouldn't or couldn't tell you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Pretty sure if your mate was in or even applying for the SBS, he wouldn't or couldn't tell you.
    Joining the Special forces is not a secret, they just discourage people from doing it because of security reasons.

Deleted
    Joining the Special forces is not a secret, they just discourage people from doing it because of security reasons.
    Aye, not sure how strict they are about it nowadays, but I know they used to be very strict about it.

I don't think I would use success as a synonym to happiness. I use success to describe the performance of something or someone, but not just in terms of money.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Yes before ze Germans get there

- - - Updated - - -

Aye, not sure how strict they are about it nowadays, but I know they used to be very strict about it.
    Very strict doesn't mean secret society. Just extremely selective.
    Why should I go through the bother of inventing such a story? What do I gain from it?

Deleted
    Success would mean you succeeded or achieved something, be it a long term career goal or just a task to draw a pretty picture.
    That's my definition of success, though I don't rate the physical sense of success very highly either. I could spend my entire life a loser and never succeed at anything, since my being happy and entertained does not rely on that success.

Mind you thinking about it more I really do care about success since if my goal is to be happy obviously I'd want to succeed there.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's kinda sad OP. Just my opinion.
    I mean, yes, money is the key for freedom and many other things, but it shouldn't be the most important thing.

I think success is about reaching your goals, not only economically, materialism can only give you empty and short-term happiness. But love, enjoying an activity, being the best at something, that's long-term happiness.

Money can buy everything BUT feelings towards something, even thought I share the idea whereby money can help you to reach certain things such as love or health.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, that actually makes sense, because if you start shooting a gun you probably finish with success in jail :P

-------------

Seriously tho, people who only live to make money have a problem and they will realize it too late.
    Don't be a hippy, neither a materialist

Doing things I like and having enough money to live comfortably.

I'd probably consider 2014 a successful year if I can move onto a new job, continue having a successful relationship, and get a marathon time that I'm happy with. I don't really have long term goals, things just change too much over time for that.