Diminishing drops, best way to cycle around it?

I know there are diminishing drops to stop us from farming, it has never been so prevalent since Timeless Isle. I think it is BS, if paying customers can have drops neutered over time then it would be just as fair to have our monthly sub fee reduced depending on time played, the more you play the less you have to pay!

Yesterday for example I was farming rares and doing the collect 50 epoch stones quest, it did not take long before a single epoch stone was the only thing dropping from them.

So to beat this crap I want to cycle alts on the Isle so that I get the most drops/coins per time spent playing. So my question would be does anyone have any idea when drops start to diminish, and how long before they return to normal?

I am thinking that cycling toons in one hour intervals should work, not sure though.

What do you think?

Deleted
    First I've ever heard of drops diminishing, never experienced it myself either. Got any source/proof for that?

Edit - rares are on like a "1 good set of loot per day" thing though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    First I've ever heard of drops diminishing, never experienced it myself either. Got any source/proof for that?

Edit - rares are on like a "1 good set of loot per day" thing though, right?
    It is real, happens on rares in Pandaria not on the island too, was farming them for rep this morning, after 3-4 kills starting getting gray crap drops only.

If it is just one piece of gear per rare a day then they must limit the number of coins per rare, per day as well because the last 5 kills I had yesterday were repeat rare kills and they only yielded the epoch stones. If it works like that then cycling per hour would have no effect, making cycling via kills ( killing rares once per toon) the only alternative to maximize drops per hour spent playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's real, it'll be to disincentivise camping mobs, so other players can get a bite of the cherry. I see no harm in that.