Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Whats the best for frost?
    It's all personal preference as a few have said. Both talents have their advantages.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing about the OP is he has very few ranks to back up his statements so I would take everything he said with a grain of salt.

@Kenbud

The number of ranks someone has does not define their skill or their knowledge. I would consider myself to be a decent/knowledgeable mage but I don't have stellar ranks or a lot of ranks for this tier.

While I use blazing for almost every fight I do have to agree that when used in the right way, I've flex should in theory beat it every fight. The problem with this though is it is assuming good RNG with mechanics, not having a special role within the fight, near perfect execution among other factors. Due to this, it will come more down to preference them anything when choosing your talent. What you personally do better with its the better talent

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    It's all personal preference as a few have said. Both talents have their advantages.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing about the OP is he has very few ranks to back up his statements so I would take everything he said with a grain of salt.
    Some people aren't number whores. You don't know what jobs he has on a specific fight. Like Voltaa said, it comes down to how effectively you can use that talent. I use BS because I like the extra movement speed and in conjunction with Blink and Worgen racial it works the best for me. To each his own.

I choose blazing for the extra movement, and it fits my play style alot more than Ice Floes. Again what others have said, it`s a personal preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do jobs and still rank.

In fact, if you do jobs and don't rank at least somewhere then you are bad at maximizing.

Good DPS are able to juggle both. This is why Sha of Pride heroic is so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    You can do jobs and still rank.

In fact, if you do jobs and don't rank at least somewhere then you are bad at maximizing.

Good DPS are able to juggle both. This is why Sha of Pride heroic is so much fun.
    Tbh if you just count top 100.. it's pretty hard to rank if there is something you can pad the meters with. This is average gear PoV ofc.

Wow, macro this with casting RoP, and it would take away one of the major issues I have with that talent which is not being able to cast it while moving. Alas, I am chillin with frost until next expac prolly.

The main reason i dislike Ice Floes is because it effects the next cast instead of what's already being cast.
    Because of that fact if i know i'm going to move when i cast my next spell there are other options rather than using ice floes and keep casting. Reapply NT/LB or use instant cast dmg spells or i can use the time to whack up an Ice Barrier.

I know for a fact as fire blazing speed comes out on top for almost all fights. I also can't see it being of much use to frost mages either.
    Arcane would probably get the most benefit mainly because barrage resets your stacks, but it still comes down to what you do in a raid, not everyone gets to stand there turreting the entire fight while others do the fight mechanics

i like blazing speed cuz u can run off an edge and slow fall at high speed, making gankers on timeless isle piss easy to run away from... or kill with alter time techniques
    its just more versatile.

ice flows is more suited for arcane anyways to be honest. frost and fire can do pretty much anything on the move with some procs. we always have blink lol.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Whats the best for frost?
    I roll blazing speed for frost, just because I have so many procs up all the time, presence of mind is also very strong for those extra FFB's with AT

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate all your responses, especially those insisting its personal preference blah blah blah, but you are not hearing me, I am telling you, if you want to extract the MOST from your arcane mage, and you want the BEST dps, min maxing and all, Ice Floes IS the best option, there is no argument, you can get around an encounter with a global spent on blink (or 2), you don't need blazing speed, ice floes comes out on top almost all the time, I appreciate RNG, but we could argue about what "could" happen forever, just take my word for it. Once again, try it out in a raid environment, don't give up on it, and you WILL see.

Trust nez<3

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    @Kenbud

The number of ranks someone has does not define their skill or their knowledge. I would consider myself to be a decent/knowledgeable mage but I don't have stellar ranks or a lot of ranks for this tier
    How are very detailed logs of how you stack up against other players of you spec not defining? I understand logs can be slightly misleading especially late in tiers but this early they are a pretty good gauge. You said your ranks are not stellar but you have some, at the time the OP wrote his post he had 2 heroic ranks, one as arcane and the other as frost both in the 50s I believe. Now it may just be me but if I were planning on coming on to a site that a lot of the best mages frequent to write a post chastising them for being unskilled because of their talent choice I would take a look at myself and make sure I has at least some credibility in making those claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Xomniuri View Post
    The main reason i dislike Ice Floes is because it effects the next cast instead of what's already being cast.
    Because of that fact if i know i'm going to move when i cast my next spell there are other options rather than using ice floes and keep casting.
    You do know that you can cast Ice Floes mid-cast and have it apply to the current spell?

The more you know

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Some people aren't number whores.
    So if you care about ranking you're a number whore? If you are in a progression guild how you compare to others mages is really all that matters. If you have gear and you are not producing the same or better numbers then the top 150 then you are holding your raid back. It's not number whoring it caring about your performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    So if you care about ranking you're a number whore?
    Generally no.. On some fights(depending on spec) definately. Sure as progression you can rank top 10 week 1 with any tactic really if you are competitive dps, but 4-5 weeks later, gl keeping that rank if there is something that can be abused for better numbers or you have some specific job to handle that takes away dps and you are not willing to game the numbers yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Generally no.. On some fights(depending on spec) definately. Sure as progression you can rank top 10 week 1 with any tactic really if you are competitive dps, but 4-5 weeks later, gl keeping that rank if there is something that can be abused for better numbers or you have some specific job to handle that takes away dps and you are not willing to game the numbers yourself.
    Im well aware how that all works but regardless a progression player should be ranking. There are many fights that don't have special tasks and if there are, arcane mages rarely get that task. Iv said it before and ill say it again but only people who don't rank say that ranks don't matter, they may not matter to your raid but as a player they most certainly do. The only excuses for not ranking is gear and having a task, if you have the gear and don't have anything to do except dps then the you just are not good enough. I am most certainly not exempt from this, i dont rank well on every fight and if i dont rank top 20 at the least i get a little upset and ill damn sure try harder. My entire point was about the OP coming here and making a thread calling us all out for not using a talent when he himself is a sub par mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want your brain to explode kenbud? This seems to be a new thing, people with no clue ridiculing others as though they figured it out:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9972358183

You might enjoy my reply on page 2.

But this topic is probably closed at this point. People get the tldr use either talent, preference builds each personal playstyle. If you want to claim ice floes is higher dps you'll need some nice fancy calculus to prove it, otherwise it is comparable to its alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Want your brain to explode kenbud? This seems to be a new thing, people with no clue ridiculing others as though they figured it out:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9972358183
    Scathing. LOL.