Thread: New Gaming PC

Deleted

New Gaming PC

Hey there.
    I am going to make my first gaming PC in a few weeks and i would like some suggestions/thoughts about the components i have picked.
    My budget is around 1000$ ( without peripherals ) and i will use the PC mainly for WoW,but not only, and for some streaming.

So here are the parts :

CPU: It's between the i5-4670K, 3.40GHz Haswell or the i5-3570K IvyBridge, 3.40GHz. I chose the i5-4670K and i want to know if it's the right pick.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte B85-HD3, Socket 1150
    Memory: Kit Dual Channel Kingston 8GB (2 x 4096MB), DDR3, 1600MHz
    Storage: HDD WD Blue, 1TB, 64MB, 7200rpm, SATA 3
    Video Card: It's between MSI nVidia GeForce GTX760, 2048MB, GDDR5, 256bit, DVI, HDMI, PCI-E and Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Boost Dual-X 3GB DDR5 384-bit. They both around same prices in my country (Romania) so i don't know what is the best choice.I tend to go for the GTX760.
    Case: Raidmax TORNADO Black. I know it might not look like a bright choose but i am curious if it's big enough for the components to breath.
    Power Supply: Corsair CX600 80PLUS Bronze, 600W
    Optical Drive: DVD Writer Asus DRW-24F1ST/BLK/B/AS, SATA

So those are the parts.I am curious what are peoples thoughts on them and if i can get better stuff for the same money or even cheaper.
    Thanks.

1)Dont buy the K version unless you plan to overclock.

2)You put a motherboard that cant overclock with a K version CPU as i mentioned in 1), the chipset you need to look at if you are keeping the 4670K and not the simple 4670 is the Z87

3)If you arent gonna buy a SSD, and you want to use a HDD still, look into WD Black.

4)Wait with buying a graphics card, prices will change, the new cards just released, but your choices are good either way.

Deleted
    -go for the i5 4670k
    -as u went with the 4670k u want to go for a z87 board such as the asus z87-a or asrock z87 pro 4 to be able to overclock the unlocked cpu.
    -u want to have an aftermarket cooler like an coolermaster evo 212 which will be able to handle ~4,2 ghz on haswell or a more expensive one like the noctua d14 which will handle ~4,6 ghz.
    -for the gpu, i would go for the 7950 or if u can up ur budget a little for the r9 280x (as its perfomance like the 770 and is ~80-100 $ less

edit: potis beat me to it

Deleted
    I don't plan to overclock or buy an SSD.If i don't wanna overclock is the motherboard ok for the parts i picked?

Deleted
    well it would be ok if u are going for the non k version. i would however advise going for the k version as u already planned and for the small price increase go for an asrock z87 pro 4 or the asus z87-a and overclock it. oc´ing isnt hard at all.