Deleted

Unhappy Tired of not being able to contribute to US forum discussion whilst being EU

Has anyone else felt frustrated by reading something on the US official WoW forums as someone from the EU (or vise versa) and not being able to respond to it or add your own 2 cents? It's particularly frustrating for PTR testing when the majority of the developers only seem respond to the US forums. My view on that maybe skewed as I'm not actively looking to confirm that suspicion and I only really think about it when I see important topics being discussed on the US forums.

I think the majority of the forum sections could be merged, pretty much every single section apart from the specific realm / LFM bits would benefit from having more voices in each discussion.

Has anything like this been brought up in the past? I understand there are some technical concerns as well as social issues, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some initial hostility between the two communities, but on the other hand I don't really see that here.

I've tried tweeting GC on the issue (would love to see a blue's thoughts on this) but did not get a response. If you are in to tweeting and all that I would appreciate you following suit, it would be interesting to see if we get a response.

What are YOUR thoughts on merging some of the official forums' sections?
    Last edited by mmoccff0c323bf; 2013-10-16 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The attitude on the EU forums seems to be EXTREMELY less trollish and way more constructive than the US forums.

Honestly not sure why this is. But, feel luck you do not have to deal with the trolls and finger pointing tree humping morons that makeup the majority of the US forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    The attitude on the EU forums seems to be EXTREMELY less trollish and way more constructive than the US forums
    Not the EU French one that for sure !
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

I think it sucks personally, especially on forums such as the lore/story forum where discussion across the atlantic could be beneficial.

I understand in game (lag, anti US/Europe shit) and on certain forums where arguments over region might arise, but in general I don't think it's necessary

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda annoying that they are split for some things, although I understand why it functions that way. I think it would do some good to at least allow joint posting on some forums, and keep it split for stuff like customer service / realms / etc.

But who knows, that might be the only way to do it with their system.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Hint: no one at the blizz hq cares about europeans opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's kinda annoying that they are split for some things, although I understand why it functions that way. I think it would do some good to at least allow joint posting on some forums, and keep it split for stuff like customer service / realms / etc.

But who knows, that might be the only way to do it with their system.
    It allows me to stay logged into my battle net account on the US forums (if I log in on the EU version) but says I have no available character to post from, so they must be linked somehow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Hint: no one at the blizz hq cares about europeans opinions.
    I love people who think Blizzard genuinely has a favouritism towards a certain player base.

Blizzard are a business at the end of the day (and originally a French one iirc), the only bias Blizzard have is towards ££££.

Like most successful businesses they don't have petty hates and loves for certain countries or regions

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I personally question more their complete regional splits. My girlfriend wanted to play with some of her friends that had moved to the US, to stay in touch with eachother, but nope... for some reason EU people aren't allowed to play with US people, same apparently is true in Hearthstone. -_-
    Try moving to the US yourself and having to give up a 6 year old account with collector's edition pets, unobtainable titles and mounts and losing 8 characters at max level.

It's about the only thing I resent Blizzard for, and the main reason I quit WoW, couldn't be arsed to do it all again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    It allows me to stay logged into my battle net account on the US forums (if I log in on the EU version) but says I have no available character to post from, so they must be linked somehow

- - - Updated - - -

I love people who think Blizzard genuinely has a favouritism towards a certain player base.

Blizzard are a business at the end of the day (and originally a French one iirc), the only bias Blizzard have is towards ££££.

Like most successful businesses they don't have petty hates and loves for certain countries or regions
    They are linked indeed, they detect that you have a battle net account, just that it's not a US WoW account, the same way someone who only plays Starcraft will not be able to post on WoW forums (unless they changed it recently?) but will still be 'logged in'. It used to do the same to me and, since I got a US account registered under the same e-mail address, I can switch between EU and US forums and it'll post under respective characters (my French characters on EU forums and US characters on US forums). Now, of course, I can't post on EU forums anymore just because my subcription expired a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...

- - - Updated - - -

I love people who take seriously what is clearly meant as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    I love people who take seriously what is clearly meant as a joke.
    It's hard to tell when you're on the internet, people hold every possible opinion know to man.

Greeeet outa herr wid ur fancy pants euro-pee-an opinans!

Yeh the region split drives me nuts too, in every aspect. Simply having a EU blue chime in with, 'they do read these forums' or 'we tell them the good threads' doesn't cut it. There is no rebuttal, no conversation happening.

My own personal bane with the region system, the Blizzcon pets/mounts fully battle.net bound (both regions), in game pets/mounts region bound, why they chose this I have no idea. Learning that Hearthstone will be region based is disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh they are linked but I'm saying, I don't know if that link is a necessity of the system or they just do it that way out of inertia.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |