Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573

    Reward "in demand" LFR roles with flex/normal gear

    In times of ridiculous tank and/or healer shortage, how about instead of the goodie bag you get, when the instance is complete:

    * 1 guaranteed piece of gear appropriate to your selected loot spec, chosen randomly from the bosses in the wing
    * 25% chance it will be flex
    * 10% chance it will be normal

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    In times of ridiculous tank and/or healer shortage, how about instead of the goodie bag you get, when the instance is complete:

    * 1 guaranteed piece of gear appropriate to your selected loot spec, chosen randomly from the bosses in the wing
    * 25% chance it will be flex
    * 10% chance it will be normal
    yah. cause I could use a bag full of 528 garbage to vendor.







    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  3. #3
    Because tanks and Healers don't already get a HUGE benefit with having minimal queue times and goodie bags for dungeons... -.-

    Flex isn't LFR and is even more optional, so I don't see any reason for a reward there either. You're going because you want to. It's your choice.

    I do, however, think 1 piece of gear or maybe a token (collect 5 to get a piece of gear) should be part of all PUG raid experiences for all roles. You should never spend 3 hours doing something and come out completely empty handed.

  4. #4
    Plain No,can't you see the obvious reasons that make it unfair for the other classes?

  5. #5
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,594
    Rather than doing it that way, why not introduce a version of "Thunderforged" for LFR. Where if you win gear as a "call to duty" role (meaning every time you tank) there's a actually fairly decent (like 50%) chance that it comes with 1 upgrade already on it.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

    Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatao View Post
    Plain No,can't you see the obvious reasons that make it unfair for the other classes?
    * Me waiting 45 min just to get to the last boss, and a 60 minute wait to get back to the first 3

    vs

    * Me getting 0-5 minute queue pops and some random tank gets 2 pieces of free gear

    Well, it wasn't hard for me to decide which one I liked better.

  7. #7
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,295
    I wouldn't mind...healers and tanks need more intensive to actually do those roles, as choosing to play those roles comes with many disadvantages that dps don't have to experience eg. not being able to do high level brawlers guild, struggling to solo, people refusing to duel you etc.

    I don't think free gear is the answer but some issues need to be addrssed to bring healers/ tanks in line with dps roles outside raids >.<

  8. #8
    "Blizzard, fix LFR DPS que times!"

    Ok, we'll give extra gear to tanks and healers to give them an incentive to que up....

    "WTF Blizzard, don't give them gear, they already get fast ques! Give everyone equal loot!"

    Ok, we'll give them a goody bag with a useless flask or gem and some gold to deal with a bunch of mouthbreathers for 4 hours of wipes...and that won't have any impact on que times.

    "Blizz, fix LFR DPS que times!"

  9. #9
    OK, so once they gear up twice as fast as DPS, what is the incentive for them to continue to queue?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

    And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

  10. #10
    I have a better idea. How about Blizzard do nothing to help the LFR situation and let it die out completely. And Flex replaces it.

    Yeah, that's a much better idea than helping out the atrocity that's LFR.

  11. #11
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,295
    Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    I have a better idea. How about Blizzard do nothing to help the LFR situation and let it die out completely. And Flex replaces it.

    Yeah, that's a much better idea than helping out the atrocity that's LFR.
    great for full servers not so great for servers that rarely run flex.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    I have a better idea. How about Blizzard do nothing to help the LFR situation and let it die out completely. And Flex replaces it.

    Yeah, that's a much better idea than helping out the atrocity that's LFR.


    This. THere's plenty of healers and tanks out there, they didn't disappear but LFR is an exercise in masochism, to the point where people will do what they can to either skip it. Putting in OP rewards like normal mode gear is an awful idea, much better idea would be to just let flex take LFR's spot and be done with it.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire freakyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    Because tanks and Healers don't already get a HUGE benefit with having minimal queue times and goodie bags for dungeons... -.-

    Flex isn't LFR and is even more optional, so I don't see any reason for a reward there either. You're going because you want to. It's your choice.

    I do, however, think 1 piece of gear or maybe a token (collect 5 to get a piece of gear) should be part of all PUG raid experiences for all roles. You should never spend 3 hours doing something and come out completely empty handed.
    This would be in place of the "goodie bags" (which aren't always that "goodie", a flask and gold to me is useless since my guild supplies all flasks for our raiders, gold...well, that's easy enough to get. mounts and pets are not ALWAYS in the bag) so it's not really a "HUGE benefit" to get a "goodie bag"

    Also, you can do a normal raid with your guild or a pug and come away with just a repair bill, so why should it be any different in LFR or Flex?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    great for full servers not so great for servers that rarely run flex.

    Open raid!!! Seriously though, blizz should implement this into the game on some level. Once you start using it, you don't go back.

  15. #15
    Because tanks will continue running LFR after they get all the gear they need from said mode.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk Redpanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Searching for the Old Gods
    Posts
    1,987
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Open raid!!! Seriously though, blizz should implement this into the game on some level. Once you start using it, you don't go back.
    its amazing how people havent caught on to this yet. Need a XXXXXXX group? hit open raid and you dont have to wallow in the lfr shit show

    extra extra extra incentives are not needed encourages a bad mindset
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    its amazing how people havent caught on to this yet. Need a XXXXXXX group? hit open raid and you dont have to wallow in the lfr shit show

    extra extra extra incentives are not needed encourages a bad mindset
    The two times I've used Open Raid, it's been just as bad as LFR apparently is... People leaving, people being morons and trolls. Worse than my standard LFR run really.

    That said, giving healer/tanks more incentives like this, gearing them up so much faster than DPS, helps nothing. You'd have an abundance for a little while then they'd be nowhere around to do LFR anymore.

    Also doesn't help the attitude of players really.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2013-10-17 at 05:14 PM.

    Rarely updated...

  18. #18
    Pandaren Monk Redpanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Searching for the Old Gods
    Posts
    1,987
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The two times I've used Open Raid, it's been just as bad as LFR apparently is... People leaving, people being morons and trolls. Worse than my standard LFR really.

    That said, giving healer/tanks more incentives like this, gearing them up so much faster than DPS, helps nothing. You'd have an abundance for a little while then they'd be nowhere around to do LFR anymore.

    Also doesn't help the attitude of players really.

    all it encourages is.....im gonna do this que to get extra gear. Oh im geared up no need to do que
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    all it encourages is.....im gonna do this que to get extra gear. Oh im geared up no need to do que
    It'll also end up encouraging tanks/healers to believe they are more important than DPS so deserve more.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2013-10-17 at 05:18 PM.

    Rarely updated...

  20. #20
    I'd probably queue as heals and just spam chain heal and hope that's good enough. Loot spec to Elly.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •