Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Yeah terrible idea.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatao View Post
    Plain No,can't you see the obvious reasons that make it unfair for the other classes?
    Life isnt fair. You chose to be a useless dps, you get what you deserved.
    Why should the people taking on that extra responsibility and work get shafted every time?

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    How does it work exactly? I've never used it.
    It's basically a big chatroom where people recruit for their runs. If you see a run you want to join, you whisper the person whatever you want them to know and they'll provide you with their battle tag.

    There's also the events section, where players can make or select from any number of assorted PvE/PvP events. For instance, I'm currently looking at the events page filtered for ToT runs. I see 1 for tonight, 6 for tomorrow, 9 for Saturday (and more will appear between now and then, for sure). I click on "Nyzx Weekly 25H ToT" and the resulting page shows me the start time, raid leader, ilvl requirements, a description of what the raid is doing and what the leader wants out of the people signing up and reserved items (most raids don't have these, but some do). There's a sign up button for... signing up, a roster button to see who has already signed up and been accepted, a comments page, and other assorted information. Very easy to use.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post

    One fix LFR is to have stiffer penalties for stupid shit. There are people that intentionally troll LFR groups, afk, die so they can wait to get loot, etc. But the only way to fix LFR is make it foolproof. Not give higher ilvl gear, not give mounts and shit. But make it so you can't fail.
    I think that if you rewarded higher ilvl players with bonuses (NOT loot or mounts), you'd get more carriers signing up. I'd probably run LFR every week if it meant I could finish off some of my MoP reps or get lots of bonus valor.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    We had a very similar thread to this yesterday, and this was my suggestion:

    When queuing for LFR, players should be able to select an "I'm not here for loot" option, which would have a bunch of sub-categories. Selecting this option would allow you, once per week per LFR wing, to gain reputation, gold, bonus valor, consumables, or other assorted benefits that you could select before queuing.

    This option would, of course, have a minimum ilvl requirement set at the level of gear from that LFR wing (502 for ToT LFR, 528 for SoO LFR). This is similar to the bonus reputation given to players who run heroics and scenarios today... and I think most people will agree that LFR could use as many carriers as possible. Oh, and put in some AFK prevention and minimum effectiveness requirements, too.
    Terrible idea.

    Why the FUCK would I endure the inbred hellhole of idiocy and douchebaggery that is LFR for any of those things when I can get them on my own, without depending on keyboarddrooling idiots?

  5. #45
    The bags currently contain nothing of value so they may as well be removed, however I feel adding current tier gear to them would be a but much. So how about a Warforged Seal?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The bags currently contain nothing of value so they may as well be removed, however I feel adding current tier gear to them would be a but much. So how about a Warforged Seal?
    That would be acceptable.

    I would also accept a "kick ticket".

    10 uses. Allows me to kick whoever the fuck I want, no voting, no 4 hour protections, no other retarded bullshit restrictions. YOu're gone when I say you're gone.
    Cba waiting 15 minutes to kick afkers at the start of the run.

  7. #47
    meh, no thanks. Short of giving tanks and healers a thousand gold a run with 0 repair bills, LFR is not and never will be worth bothering with now that flex is here to stay.

  8. #48
    Am I the only one that really likes tanking? I don't do any organized raids, even if I play a decent amount, I do not want to have to play during a set period.

    I tank LFR, enjoy doing it. I even tank LFDs when I'm VP capped and there is no goodie bag.

    Most LFR runs go very smooth as well. In ToT there is the occasional wipe on Lei Shen, but it's been quite a while, everything else dies really fast. And this week I had 1 wipe on Nazgrim, the other bosses in the first 2 wings were one-shotted. Haven't done the underhold this week. I expect quite a few wipes, but in 2 or 3 weeks most stuff will be one-shotted as well...

    It's really not as bad as ppl make it out to be.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Loutzi View Post
    Am I the only one that really likes tanking? I don't do any organized raids, even if I play a decent amount, I do not want to have to play during a set period.

    I tank LFR, enjoy doing it. I even tank LFDs when I'm VP capped and there is no goodie bag.

    Most LFR runs go very smooth as well. In ToT there is the occasional wipe on Lei Shen, but it's been quite a while, everything else dies really fast. And this week I had 1 wipe on Nazgrim, the other bosses in the first 2 wings were one-shotted. Haven't done the underhold this week. I expect quite a few wipes, but in 2 or 3 weeks most stuff will be one-shotted as well...

    It's really not as bad as ppl make it out to be.
    You're wrong. It is actually that bad.
    Just because you got carried once or twice doesnt mean it isnt true.

  10. #50
    Scarab Lord Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    4,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Life isnt fair. You chose to be a useless dps, you get what you deserved.
    Why should the people taking on that extra responsibility and work get shafted every time?
    Oh my God, that mentality! here's a tip, just because every DPS you've encountered has been God Awful, doesn't make them all useless, also I would encourage you to step into the world of real raiding where going into fights under geared leads to battling soft enrage timers etc.

    Also, if you want to play that game, many have said that tanking is ridiculously easy this expansion...


    However, OT: No, LFR should NEVER reward gear from Flex/Normal mode, I do not care if the queue times are 24 hours, maybe this will FINALLY send a message to Blizzard about LFR.

    (That's not even an elitist mindset, before I get flamed, I've known Casuals who refuse to do LFR)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Terrible idea.

    Why the FUCK would I endure the inbred hellhole of idiocy and douchebaggery that is LFR for any of those things when I can get them on my own, without depending on keyboarddrooling idiots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    That would be acceptable.

    I would also accept a "kick ticket".

    10 uses. Allows me to kick whoever the fuck I want, no voting, no 4 hour protections, no other retarded bullshit restrictions. YOu're gone when I say you're gone.
    Cba waiting 15 minutes to kick afkers at the start of the run.
    I would also like to inform you that foaming at the mouth and spewing profanity at every turn does not help whatever point you may be trying to make, nor does it award you any "internet cred".

    A kick ticket would be a terrible idea, and if you can't think of the ways that it could possibly be abused then you really have no place in this discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

  11. #51
    No.

    You want flex or normal gear, go do flex or normal. I'm all good with LFR staying alive, but if the casual raiders want to keep it .. they can spec tanking and keep it alive. Not encourage flex and normal tanks to come run their stuff because they don't want to spec into tanking. And if there aren't enough people to keep it running, then I guess it dies a natural death.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    You're wrong. It is actually that bad.
    Just because you got carried once or twice doesnt mean it isnt true.
    If so many of your LFR runs are a disaster, perhaps it's time to examine what those runs all have in common.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  13. #53
    This just might be the worst idea I've ever heard, but on a lot of levels. One it's probably a bad thing that since healers and tanks don't wanna do LFR, blizz tries to entice them by just giving them gear that is completely undeserving for the difficulty level. Two, people would end up gearing out of LFR faster which would mean even less tanks and healers in the long run. Three, it would just encourage hybrid dps to spec as a healer.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If so many of your LFR runs are a disaster, perhaps it's time to examine what those runs all have in common.
    Alot of my LFR runs are the same, yet I'm usually top 3-5 DPS with Tank/Derp saving off-heals and CDs as well as using raid cds when they should be used. Some people are unlucky with their groups and it makes them bitter, I can complete relate to his frustration.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Terrible idea.

    Why the FUCK would I endure the inbred hellhole of idiocy and douchebaggery that is LFR for any of those things when I can get them on my own, without depending on keyboarddrooling idiots?
    Are you really that dense? You do realize that OTHER players that don't need gear would be joining LFR too, right? Tell me, if 10 of the average LFR baddies are replaced by high ilvl players that know the fights, is LFR still hard? No, it's not. It goes from being an "inbred hellhole of idiocy and douchebaggery" to a quick run with minimal wipes. Remember ToT LFRs where you have 5 or so people from a guild that know what they're doing? Remember how easy those runs were? I sure do. And that's the whole point.

    The reason LFR is so bad right now is because the good players aren't in there anymore. Give them a reason to come back and LFR stops being so terrible. But you're too much of a fucking idiot to understand that YOU aren't going to be the only decent player in there if a change like this is made, so you can't see the benefit. Start thinking beyond yourself, douchebag.

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    4,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    The reason LFR is so bad right now is because the good players aren't in there anymore.
    Why not just see how it does without the good players, I mean, to be honest, LFR never really was intended for them anyway. If it turns out to be a flop, then I guess it will have died a natural death?
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Seriously. Can this guy please be banned from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

  17. #57
    Since LFR gear is already inferior to what you can get by grinding solo content (Timeless Isle), just downgrade the difficulty of LFR to a 25 man scenario (completable by any combination of 25 random players, no specific rolls needed) and just replace the various loot with the 496 TI loot tokens and a random chance to drop a Burden of Eternity.

    Flex/Normal/Heroic raiders get distinctive tier gear, LFR players get fast queues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •