View Poll Results: What Kind of Expansion Do You Want?

Voters
493. You may not vote on this poll
  • Darker, more gritty expansion

371 75.25%
  • In between

73 14.81%
  • More like MoP

49 9.94%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    As much of an improvement MoP was, I think we need a more serious and dark expansion to get more people to take the lore seriously. :P

Enough of Thrall having babies, enough finding happiness and 'togetherness' in panda land.

You've not actually played MoP have you?

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Yes, there was a ton of shit happening outside of farmvilleland.

No, it doesnt matter when you dont see the farmvilleland residents being affected by it at all.

Seriously Blizzard, you have phasing, USE IT PROPERLY!
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

The Patient
    I'd like to see dark like Darkshire/Karazhan dark. I still remember the first time I wandered into Darkshire area as a lvl 10 or something and just got this sinking feeling "I'm not suppose to be here" kind of feeling.

Pleased by the results

Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Yes I have, and I couldn't play much longer because I didn't care much for the Panda lore. Not saying MoP was a bad expansion, the gameplay and other features they added were wonderful!

But setting is important for me, so I couldn't get engaged in MoP.

Also since Vanilla Darkshire (Or Duskwood) is my favorite zone of ALL time. If they can get more of a evil and dark (Maybe a bit more realism) slipped into WoW's next expansion. I'm gonna throw money at my screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celawien View Post
    I'd like to see dark like Darkshire/Karazhan dark. I still remember the first time I wandered into Darkshire area as a lvl 10 or something and just got this sinking feeling "I'm not suppose to be here" kind of feeling.
    Amen! Especially with the warning signs and hanging dead bodies. (Yes if you haven't been near Karazhan or Deadwind pass. There are hanging bodies everywhere.) Now thats grim! Give us more serious and scary stuff like that!

ALSO what about that creepy island near Southshore with all the ghosts!? That place is awesome!!!

i don't mind dark themes so long as the armour models aren't all dog-poop brown and cat-poop black like Wrath of the Lich King models were

Worst color palate ever!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yes, there was a ton of shit happening outside of farmvilleland.

No, it doesnt matter when you dont see the farmvilleland residents being affected by it at all.

Seriously Blizzard, you have phasing, USE IT PROPERLY!
    This is why I hope they'd add max level quest content in the new zones in addition to leveling. Adds more complex to the progressing storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i don't mind dark themes so long as the armour models aren't all dog-poop brown and cat-poop black like Wrath of the Lich King models were

Worst color palate ever!
    Those colors you mentioned seems like something they would put on a crayon.

Define dark and gritty..

Are we gonna follow around a protagonist with a deep gravely voice all expansion?

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Yes I have, and I couldn't play much longer because I didn't care much for the Panda lore. Not saying MoP was a bad expansion, the gameplay and other features they added were wonderful!

But setting is important for me, so I couldn't get engaged in MoP.

Also since Vanilla Darkshire (Or Duskwood) is my favorite zone of ALL time. If they can get more of a evil and dark (Maybe a bit more realism) slipped into WoW's next expansion. I'm gonna throw money at my screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Amen! Especially with the warning signs and hanging dead bodies. (Yes if you haven't been near Karazhan or Deadwind pass. There are hanging bodies everywhere.) Now thats grim! Give us more serious and scary stuff like that!

ALSO what about that creepy island near Southshore with all the ghosts!? That place is awesome!!!
    ^ exactly. This is what I've been missing in the last 2 expansions. Duskwood, Ghostlands and silverpine were my favorite zones in wow. The vibe you get when walking through these zones is far more important than you might think.

Remember hunting those 2 abominations through Ghostlands? Or that feeling when you saw Duskwood's contrast setting off against Elwynn, crossing the river and meeting one of those "oh shit" spiders-chasing you all the way back to Elwynn? Or even meeting the werewolves/Worgen in Silverpine..

WoW just needs a lot of "goth" typed zones IMO. And don't take the word goth the wrong way, the sinister woods, creepy music and red eyes in the bushes, that is what made WoW for me (and a lot of other people).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    This is why I hope they'd add max level quest content in the new zones in addition to leveling. Adds more complex to the progressing storyline.
    Yes, I want really challenging quests @ max level to keep me playing. I mean hard as in not being able to rush through it at all, even with high tier gear. GW2 does that the right way tbh, level scaling in zones is one thing that is fine.

Wow typically doesn't do dark very well. Isle of thunder was a sort of desolate and dark zone and honestly I didn't like the zone very much. I think they need to find a mixture of doing a dark story but understand things like the interior of a palace should look a little less depressing.

I really REALLY don't like the whole "dark and gritty" thing. I really don't. Some zones like Duskwood and Gilneas take 'dark' and make it less 'gritty' and these zones I very much like. Others like Shadowmoon Valley and Icecrown, which have more 'grit', I do not care for at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Define dark and gritty.
    We'll make a zone that has night all the time, even in the middle of day during midsummer!
    And then we decorate everything with skulls, zombies and demons.
    Like this, this is perfect wall-decoration!
    The lore will be about unicorns, flowers and rainbows because people don't care about the lore, only about the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    We'll make a zone that has night all the time, even in the middle of day during midsummer!
    And then we decorate everything with skulls, zombies and demons.
    Like this, this is perfect wall-decoration!
    The lore will be about unicorns, flowers and rainbows because people don't care about the lore, only about the environment.
    You forgot to mention that they spend the entire day singing, dancing and frolicking in (skull) flower fields. But it's dark, because they're zombies and demons.

ITT: People think by playing Mists of Pandaria, they know what dark and gritty is

World of Warcraft was never dark or gritty.

Dark is nice, but when you add gritty in the mix it reeks of 'trying too hard'.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You forgot to mention that they spend the entire day singing, dancing and frolicking in (skull) flower fields. But it's dark, because they're zombies and demons.
    Pink, bright, happy armour? It's TBC all over again for paladins!

I think what I want is a more Serious tone, with more realistic and important plot movements. Like pivotal people dying and such. I want more of a darker fantasy vibe. Duskwood and Silverwood capture that vibe pretty well. (Also gil'neas)

No thank you. I'd rather Blizzard stick to being campy and silly and do it well, rather than go for hamhanded attempts at "dark" storytelling. I prefer smiling over cringing.