Poll: What Kind of Expansion Do You Want?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't mind dark themes so long as the armour models aren't all dog-poop brown and cat-poop black like Wrath of the Lich King models were

Worst color palate ever!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yes, there was a ton of shit happening outside of farmvilleland.

No, it doesnt matter when you dont see the farmvilleland residents being affected by it at all.

Seriously Blizzard, you have phasing, USE IT PROPERLY!
    This is why I hope they'd add max level quest content in the new zones in addition to leveling. Adds more complex to the progressing storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i don't mind dark themes so long as the armour models aren't all dog-poop brown and cat-poop black like Wrath of the Lich King models were

Worst color palate ever!
    Those colors you mentioned seems like something they would put on a crayon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Define dark and gritty..

Are we gonna follow around a protagonist with a deep gravely voice all expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Yes I have, and I couldn't play much longer because I didn't care much for the Panda lore. Not saying MoP was a bad expansion, the gameplay and other features they added were wonderful!

But setting is important for me, so I couldn't get engaged in MoP.

Also since Vanilla Darkshire (Or Duskwood) is my favorite zone of ALL time. If they can get more of a evil and dark (Maybe a bit more realism) slipped into WoW's next expansion. I'm gonna throw money at my screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Amen! Especially with the warning signs and hanging dead bodies. (Yes if you haven't been near Karazhan or Deadwind pass. There are hanging bodies everywhere.) Now thats grim! Give us more serious and scary stuff like that!

ALSO what about that creepy island near Southshore with all the ghosts!? That place is awesome!!!
    ^ exactly. This is what I've been missing in the last 2 expansions. Duskwood, Ghostlands and silverpine were my favorite zones in wow. The vibe you get when walking through these zones is far more important than you might think.

Remember hunting those 2 abominations through Ghostlands? Or that feeling when you saw Duskwood's contrast setting off against Elwynn, crossing the river and meeting one of those "oh shit" spiders-chasing you all the way back to Elwynn? Or even meeting the werewolves/Worgen in Silverpine..

WoW just needs a lot of "goth" typed zones IMO. And don't take the word goth the wrong way, the sinister woods, creepy music and red eyes in the bushes, that is what made WoW for me (and a lot of other people).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    This is why I hope they'd add max level quest content in the new zones in addition to leveling. Adds more complex to the progressing storyline.
    Yes, I want really challenging quests @ max level to keep me playing. I mean hard as in not being able to rush through it at all, even with high tier gear. GW2 does that the right way tbh, level scaling in zones is one thing that is fine.

Wow typically doesn't do dark very well. Isle of thunder was a sort of desolate and dark zone and honestly I didn't like the zone very much. I think they need to find a mixture of doing a dark story but understand things like the interior of a palace should look a little less depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really REALLY don't like the whole "dark and gritty" thing. I really don't. Some zones like Duskwood and Gilneas take 'dark' and make it less 'gritty' and these zones I very much like. Others like Shadowmoon Valley and Icecrown, which have more 'grit', I do not care for at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    We'll make a zone that has night all the time, even in the middle of day during midsummer!
    And then we decorate everything with skulls, zombies and demons.
    Like this, this is perfect wall-decoration!
    The lore will be about unicorns, flowers and rainbows because people don't care about the lore, only about the environment.
    You forgot to mention that they spend the entire day singing, dancing and frolicking in (skull) flower fields. But it's dark, because they're zombies and demons.

ITT: People think by playing Mists of Pandaria, they know what dark and gritty is

World of Warcraft was never dark or gritty.

Dark is nice, but when you add gritty in the mix it reeks of 'trying too hard'.

I think what I want is a more Serious tone, with more realistic and important plot movements. Like pivotal people dying and such. I want more of a darker fantasy vibe. Duskwood and Silverwood capture that vibe pretty well. (Also gil'neas)

No thank you. I'd rather Blizzard stick to being campy and silly and do it well, rather than go for hamhanded attempts at "dark" storytelling. I prefer smiling over cringing.

10+ Year Old Account
    im gonna miss the chill mode that was mop
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    The only thing that was dark in wrath was the damn zones. Snow and deep shadows everywhere. Almost made me depressed while leveling.

Not to mention Arthas as a villain was a joke. He shows up in every single corner of the leveling experience, then suddenly disappears until he shows up in ICC again.
    As opposed to Deathwing, who does a bunch of damage to Stormwind, and then...

Yeah.

Much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone really wants to spend an 18-month expansion in five or ten zones that look like Shadowmoon Valley. It really needs to be a mix of environments. For variety if nothing else. I think it would be a very large turn-off after a few months to be seeing something like Dread Wastes with dark, depressing and gritty storylines as a constant thing. I mean ugh. It doesn't need to be as light in tone as some things in MoP by any means but too much of one note is boring.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'd rather is be darker but to be fair 5.3 and 5.4 were pretty dark. Genocide, executions etc. It's pretty dark the shit Garrosh has been doing. And the best part of 5.4 is it focuses less on pandas and more on Garrosh's new horde and the shit going down in Kalimdor

Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    *incoming criticism for God knows why*

How do you think the story and theme of the next expansion should be portrayed? Do you feel it should be similar to Mists of Pandaria, or more dark and gritty like Wrath of the Lich King was, or somewhere in between?
    i dont know what you are suggesting. mists is more dark and gritty than wrath was. are you suggesting they should tone down the game and make it more kid friendly like wrath was?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    I'd rather is be darker but to be fair 5.3 and 5.4 were pretty dark. Genocide, executions etc. It's pretty dark the shit Garrosh has been doing. And the best part of 5.4 is it focuses less on pandas and more on Garrosh's new horde and the shit going down in Kalimdor
    There was a big focus on HvA and Garrosh's new horde ever since 5.1. Pandaren were only ever really focused on in 5.0, and even then they had to share the spotlight with the other Pandarian races.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was a great mix of comical AND dark and gritty. I think this was their best attempt yet. If by dark and gritty you mean literally 'more colour black and more abrasive textures' then sure. I like abrasive. Like Stucco. Or blast rock. I digress. This game will have a significantly longer lifespan if we can embrace more expansions like MoP, lore wise.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US