View Poll Results: How to make LFR Attractive!

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Add chance to recieve Heroic/Normal Items.

    33 21.02%
  • Add Warforged Seals

    29 18.47%
  • Add Noodle Carts, and other big raid-foodbuffs.

    8 5.10%
  • Add Misc Legendary Items(very low)

    3 1.91%
  • Add Valor Point Badges(Useable after the 1000 Valor Cap)

    18 11.46%
  • Increase Gold-Drop by 10 Times.

    30 19.11%
  • Add Misc Titles.

    3 1.91%
  • Add Misc World Drops, especially from MoP.

    12 7.64%
  • Add PvP Gear, newest season.

    9 5.73%
  • Add a new item, allowing you to reset your LFR save, and do it all over again.

    12 7.64%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Epic! mrgummage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    1,737
    I'm pure LFR this expansion, with maybe a tiny hope of Flex raid. All these options, besides maybe a modest increase in gold drops, are pure ridiculous.
    mrgummage#2816 | Grand Marshal Hottage | Warlords of Draenor Beta Club
    ASUS N53SM : Intel i7 2.2Ghz (3.1Ghz Turbo) : 16GB DDR3 : Geforce GT 630M : Samsung 840 EVO 1TB : Windows 8.1 Pro

  2. #102
    Herald of the Titans Injin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    People will get better without the carriers, no one improved playing on easy and carriers trivialize what is already fairly simple. It's painstaking and frustrating for good players until then but in time, we might actually have a solid player-base again.
    Nope. Never happened, won't in future.

    What actually happens is the people who like the challenge make little islands of themselves in amongst the vast swathes of normal people who couldn't give a fuck, which breeds an elitist community of dickheads who mistake their wow experience for that of the millions all around who have an entirely different experience.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

    Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

  3. #103
    Pit Lord Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Add new rewards, Remove all flask, gold and other useless drops.

    (Point is to get "Carriers" back)
    If you need "Carriers" in LFR, you probably should look to something with more competent people (see Flex)...

    As for your poll, I don't think any of the things you have mentioned would bring the "Carriers" back to the LFR. Needs a "None of the Above" option.


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  4. #104
    Don't add any new rewards. Make loot less likely to drop for people who have low activity, and more likely to drop for people with high activity. That way I might actually be bothered to do it on my alts as carrying would actually be rewarded. Currently it's way too depressing to see half the raid autoattacking their way through while getting equal rewards for no effort.

  5. #105
    reward total dumbness, ignoring simply every mechanic beside standing around and trying to DPS a boss down and ppl really want to be rewarded furthermore for this?

    well.... time's over for good players doing all the work for the dumb masses in LFR, thanks to flex.... now ppl stick to their own level players and either wipe like 8 times per boss or learn to play at least a bit better and move on to flex once they are capable of movement (else flexraiders will kick them easily).

    LFR players still get rewarded by blizz in the form of continuing nerfs AND get free epix for doing not much. i think this is quite enough....


    wing 4 will be lfr fun during the next months i guess

    at least i found the comedyoption and therefore voted it:

    "Add a new item, allowing you to reset your LFR save, and do it all over again."

    having to creep around with all those brain-afk'lers a second time a week with the same char is just lol xD
    Last edited by danuraya; 2013-10-17 at 12:53 PM.

  6. #106
    The only thing LFR needs is for people who don't like to do LFR to stay out of it.

  7. #107
    Lfr should have less attractiveness. The gear shouldn't even be a different color (so transmog fans like myself wouldn't feel like running it for that sexy blue paladin tier looking gear).

  8. #108
    I like LFR as I can't stay up late enough to raid. Tonight I will, since The U is better than anything in your entire life, but to raid? Meh. Those raids usually start right when I'm about to go to bed. And by "those raids" i mean those people that I would raid with, not some random Jabroni's.

    Oops, forgot to add that I don't think LFR should get any extra perks. A lower ilevel is good enough. It really shouldn't even be a draw for "real raiders" aside from maybe the valor but really, don't those people just chain heroic scenarios for 2 hours to cap out before their raids on Tuesdays anyways?
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  9. #109
    LFR should be removed completely from the game.

    If you have more than 2 hours to do lfr, then you should be doing flex.
    If you have more than 4 hours to lfr, you should be doing flex/normal.
    If you do not have set times to dedicate to raiding in any form, then you should not be raiding and have developer deal a huge amount of time to hand feed you content. Concentrate on dungeons/pvp etc.

  10. #110
    Herald of the Titans Injin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,957
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    LFR should be removed completely from the game.

    If you have more than 2 hours to do lfr, then you should be doing flex.
    If you have more than 4 hours to lfr, you should be doing flex/normal.
    If you do not have set times to dedicate to raiding in any form, then you should not be raiding and have developer deal a huge amount of time to hand feed you content. Concentrate on dungeons/pvp etc.
    Someone doesn't realise why we have LFR.

    We have LFR because the playerbase in general doesn't actually want to raid. Blizzard has responded to this player apathy towards raiding by (effectively) removing all other content from endgame, because for some reason blizzard seems to be willing to do anything to keep raiding going.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

    Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

  11. #111
    Dreadlord Fungj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    816
    I could only pick the increase gold thing, giving a chance to receive heroic/normal items would probably be best to get carries back but I don't think you should get that from LFR.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Someone doesn't realise why we have LFR.

    We have LFR because the playerbase in general doesn't actually want to raid. Blizzard has responded to this player apathy towards raiding by (effectively) removing all other content from endgame, because for some reason blizzard seems to be willing to do anything to keep raiding going.


    1. Without raiding, there is no end game

    2. Without an end game, Wow suffers the same fate that most of it's competitors have. Hate it or love it, raiding is always going to be in the game, despite people crying over and over "nobody raids, nobody raids", WoW has always had a big emphasis on raiding and it's the most successful MMO out there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Id also like to add, the idea of putting normal and heroic gear in LFR is perhaps the worst idea I've ever heard on these forums.

  13. #113
    I looked through the options looking for the 'None of the above' option, thinking 'yeah, theres NOTHING they could add that would get me back in LFR'.

    But ya know what ? There is.

    Some incentive to run as a group. And some 'educational use' for LFR to help teach new members how to raid.

    Maybe a reverse-luck of the draw debuff, where players get +10%/performance for queueing with up to 5 players, and a better chance at loot.

  14. #114
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    1. Without raiding, there is no end game

    2. Without an end game, Wow suffers the same fate that most of it's competitors have. Hate it or love it, raiding is always going to be in the game, despite people crying over and over "nobody raids, nobody raids", WoW has always had a big emphasis on raiding and it's the most successful MMO out there.
    3. Without LFR there would no longer be heroic raiding and each teir would be lucky get get 6 bosses. Raids before LFR were fast becoming a waste of development time because so few people ran them. LFR SAVED raiding and was able justify bringing back large raids.

    Raiders owe everything to LFR. Still it will not save heroic raids in the next few years.

    Id also like to add, the idea of putting normal and heroic gear in LFR is perhaps the worst idea I've ever heard on these forums.
    Sorry but you must not read what other people have for "ideas" this is just an average one for this forum lol.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  15. #115
    Dreadlord Fungj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I looked through the options looking for the 'None of the above' option, thinking 'yeah, theres NOTHING they could add that would get me back in LFR'.

    But ya know what ? There is.

    Some incentive to run as a group. And some 'educational use' for LFR to help teach new members how to raid.

    Maybe a reverse-luck of the draw debuff, where players get +10%/performance for queueing with up to 5 players, and a better chance at loot.
    Oh the QQ.

  16. #116
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    LFR should be removed completely from the game.

    If you have more than 2 hours to do lfr, then you should be doing flex.
    If you have more than 4 hours to lfr, you should be doing flex/normal.
    If you do not have set times to dedicate to raiding in any form, then you should not be raiding and have developer deal a huge amount of time to hand feed you content. Concentrate on dungeons/pvp etc.
    LFR is the most used end game content IN THE WHOLE GAME. Heroic raids would be removed before blizzard remove LFR.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    3. Without LFR there would no longer be heroic raiding and each teir would be lucky get get 6 bosses. Raids before LFR were fast becoming a waste of development time because so few people ran them. LFR SAVED raiding and was able justify bringing back large raids.

    Raiders owe everything to LFR. Still it will not save heroic raids in the next few years.



    Sorry but you must no read what other people have for "ideas" this is just an average one for this forum lol.

    Roughly 8 years of history says otherwise though

    Blizzard has billions of dollars on reserve that they didn't have at launch, and raiding was around since the beginning, with no "entry level version", just ask around if you don't believe me lol. After all, what's the point of hitting max level with your toon if there's nothing new to do?



    As for LFR, I think it should be removed, most of the people in there IMO really don't want to raid, but it's the only thing available. Giving these people heroics, rep grinds, or something meaningful would probably do way more for the game, perhaps would make the subscription numbers go upwards for a change.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Oh it's you again.

    People are going to play badly no matter what you do and they have never, ever, ever magically improved just because stuff is hard for them. Given this indusputable fact, giving the lower end content they can actually do is the rational response.

    Is it ideal? No. Ideally people would see challenges as opportunities and rise to them. But as a general rule people don't, they never have and they aren't ever going to. What can i tell you? You don't have to like how things really are, but you can't argue with how they really are. A small percentage of people see challenges and get off on beating them.

    A small percentage. Everyone else doesn't, deal with it.
    Yeah you'd love to get spoonfed everything without putting any effort to it wouldnt you? Same tired flawed arguments as usual I see.

    A sollution to make people play better would have to come from Blizzard to implement tutorials in-game, since not everyone who plays knows about Icy-Veins Noxxic or even MMO-C.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    3. Without LFR there would no longer be heroic raiding.
    Raiders owe everything to LFR.
    Do you even read your posts before actually clicking the post-button? I've seen you defending LFR in numerous threads now but this is getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by Trollfaced; 2013-10-17 at 02:45 PM.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

  19. #119
    The Patient Arainie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    258
    I'm so clueless as to why you people want to bring back the carriers instead of getting rid of those obviously not even trying. The AFKers and those who sign for the wrong roles.

  20. #120
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Do you even read your posts before actually clicking the post-button? I've seen you defending LFR in numerous threads now but this is getting ridiculous.
    Because it is good for the game. If you can't see that then you are blind. The only reason we have got great raids like ToT and siege is because LFR justifies the resources for large raids. Without LFR we would still have raid the size of Fireland and DS. IF we are lucky.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •