15+ Year Old Account

Optical Blast resisted

I am using the Observer's Optical Blast to interrupt MC'd people on Garrosh and I am finding it gets resisted quite often. This is not good, obviously. Anyone else have this problem and why is it happening?

You're under hit cap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Either hit cap, or he's seeing the "Immune" combat text pop up on his screen after using Optical Blast on an empowered MC, and he's confusing empowered MCs with normal MCs. (Normal MC's are stun / silencable, empowered ones aren't and are ONLY interruptable) The interrupt part of Optical Blast will still work and interrupt the cast, however you'll see "Immune" pop up on your screen in reference to the silence part of the spell. If the cast is actually being interrupted then don't fret about it all that much, you're doing your job. If not, then yeah, chances are you're not hit capped or something.

Sac fel and use silence.

Deleted
    it does work mate.. Dont worry, unless ur not hitcapped as stated above. if hes playing afflic like some locks are sac is kinda bad :P

aoe stun, aoe fear and normaly people are out till then
    silence interrups + gives a "silence" effect, mostly the 2nd part gets a "immune" message.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not under hit cap and I'm seeing the message on normal MCs.

What we think it might be is this:

Priest (Disc) gets MC'd

Whilst under MC the AI uses Inner Focus.

Inner Focus tooltip = "Reduces the mana cost of your next Flash Heal, Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing by 25% and increases its critical effect chance by 100%. Additionally, you become immune to Silence, Interrupt, and Dispel effects for 5 sec."

Priest is thus immune to Optical Blast

We're not sure if this is the case yet, the priest is going to let me know if the AI uses Inner Focus when he's MC'd
    Last edited by Daedelus; 2013-10-18 at 05:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    I am not under hit cap and I'm seeing the message on normal MCs.

What we think it might be is this:

Priest (Disc) gets MC'd

Whilst under MC the AI uses Inner Focus.

Inner Focus tooltip = "Reduces the mana cost of your next Flash Heal, Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing by 25% and increases its critical effect chance by 100%. Additionally, you become immune to Silence, Interrupt, and Dispel effects for 5 sec."

Priest is thus immune to Optical Blast

We're not sure if this is the case yet, the priest is going to let me know if the AI uses Inner Focus when he's MC'd
    I'm 99% certain MCs just spam touch of y'saarj and nothing else

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Yeah my theory is out of the window - I got the same message when I interrupted a mage who was MC'd

I don't understand what's happening.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Yeah my theory is out of the window - I got the same message when I interrupted a mage who was MC'd

I don't understand what's happening.....
    Have you tried both sac and sup optical blast's? Not sure that would make any difference but might be able to narrow it down to a pet bug?

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    aoe stun, aoe fear and normaly people are out till then
    silence interrups + gives a "silence" effect, mostly the 2nd part gets a "immune" message.
    AOE stun is worthless you have to interrupt mc's not stun them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    You are correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    This is only true for the 3rd phase of the fight when all MCs are empowered. During the 2nd phase MCs you can stun them, to stop them from even casting Touch of Y'saarj in the first place. OP is claiming he's having the issue on even normal MCs, not just empowered ones.

@ OP, are you 100% certain it's NOT interrupting them at all, regardless of what the floating combat text says? It might just be a UI bug or something extremely weird and the UI is saying that it was resisted, but in reality it still interrupted the cast. If it really isn't interrupting, as someone else suggested, try switching between all of the Grimoires and seeing if it makes any difference at all. Having Sac'd interrupt vs. Observer interrupt vs. Felhunter interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    in the first (not sha style looking) aoe stun works fine, in the "sha style like" we are usually in meele range and are out bevore anything happens ^^