Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you foresee destro nerfs in the near future?

I think destro might get nerfed imho. Between lol LFR and lol Flex im always #1-2. Raidbots has us top spec score and top dps. Which is too high in blizzards eyes. So do you think a nerf is coming in hot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Could see a minor balancing nerf in 5.5 but I don't think there's going to be any more major hotfixes....but who knows, it's blizzard.

And then they will nerf it in a way that completely affects PvP burst. Yep, by that time, I'm done. I don't have enough time to deal with Blood DK's, Arms Warriors and BM Hunters mindlessly mashing buttons and still force ALL your cooldowns and still don't die.

This was prevalent in PTR, and no, Blizzard has to ignore it. Worst patch this expansion EVER.

Destro is fine.

Nothing to see here.

Move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. So far this AFTER this patch went live, they've only given it buff upon buff. If the buffs weren't necessary, they wouldn't have done them at all. Blizz are usually pretty bloody reluctant to give post-patch buffs/nerfs, unless they feel they're COMPLETELY necessary.

Also, take a look at this and you'll see why they won't touch Destro again this tier. It's only very slightly ahead on single target fights in full heroic BiS gear. They buffed it enough that it's the best spec lower gear levels, but because of the way its' spells it doesn't really improve a whole lot with better gear, whereas Affliction and Demo get much stronger with better gear, and catch up to Destro by the time you're in full T16 Heroic BiS.

And arguing that you're topping meters as Destro in T15H gear levels is irrelevant, because Blizz are far more worried about T16N - T16H gear levels. And lol @ being the best in Flex and LFR. Beating a bunch of random scrubs who've been PuG'd in via oQueue, Trade Chat, or just queueing up in the case of LFR, is NOT hard to do. I was doing that on my alt Destro lock LAST tier when it was in ~510 iLvl gear. (And Destro was NOT super OP last tier. The other players are all just bad.)
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2013-10-17 at 02:05 AM.

If every HEROIC boss fight you get to stand still and get healed through avoidable damage, sure destro will always top the meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    If every HEROIC boss fight you get to stand still and get healed through avoidable damage, sure destro will always top the meters.
    There are a lot more factors than just that, for example the shorter the fight the better Affliction will perform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

Deleted
    I expect at most a small FnB nerf, but that's it. Destro is not out of control the way Affliction and Demo were before they got shafted.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-10-17 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    i cant really see them touch destro, it isnt OP in any way but it proll our most balanced or best all-round spec we have atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they felt Affliction might still be too strong, now Destro is pulling ahead and there's been no kind of 'bounce back' for Demo from its nerfs, so it's not inconceivable that they might reign back or even completely revert the Immolate buff.

i love the affli burst way more then destro brust ^^ 1,3 million start dps @protectors is just retarded ^^
    but destro is fine, but i don't see it way to op, in the worst case you have to move when trinkets proc and that fucks up your dps since 1 chaosbolt with trinkets / whithout is around 1million dmg change

The ilvl and especially skill cap for demo is bordering on unrealistic now...it also needs a bit of luck on top of that but it still has potential to top others. We are talking top 10 world level guilds with demonologists with years of experience PLUS needing trinket procs at spaced out intervals and probably 570-575+ilvl. Aff has cheese potential but really any further nerfs will make it something people only use on protectors or pvp (since we have 0 other options there). Destro is pretty balanced...only place destro is really strong is burst aoe on 5+ groups of adds that are tightly packed. Its not an outlier just on par with the best other specs (ele/warriors/etc). Destro is certainly no single target champion. Destro is also terrible in pvp so I doubt any crossover nerfs would happen.

Then again its blizz they are known to kick locks in the balls randomly for no good reason....

Deleted
    I dont think we'll see any futher nerfs.. maybe reverting the immolate buff but that wont really affect us ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They said they felt Affliction might still be too strong, now Destro is pulling ahead and there's been no kind of 'bounce back' for Demo from its nerfs, so it's not inconceivable that they might reign back or even completely revert the Immolate buff.
    Demo revolved around a trinket, they need to make changes to the spec.

With progression being finished doubt we will see any more nerfs unless they are pvp related

Deleted
    I always thought the initial nerfs were to give destruction a chance while trying to stop warlocks for being too far infront of everyone else.

Warlocks are not showing any significant pvp presence and virtually no presence outside of affliction so pvp related nerfs from destro or demo would border on the absurd. There is no magic bullet style trinket that makes/breaks any spec this tier....so while destro might like bindings it doesn't transform the spec the way UVLS did demo.

Destro has a mid to upper pack showing on the whole of SoO so its hard to really pick it out as any kind of outlier.

If anything devs probably need to work on demo a bit. Its been beaten down in some ways so hard yet left powerful in others but its at such an unrealistically high cap to play it to a level that would compete with aff/dest it can't be called good design. (regardless of what ya can do w' it Zinn) By cleanup its got some issues like ToC scaling so poorly with haste/gear that its not even worth it to spend the DF to renew corruption. Void ray period now the 5.4 fel flame changes buggered it up. Would a dark chain lightning or FF volley (remember old shadowbolt volley?) instead?! Hell corruption itself is a vestige at best. I'd rather they extend shadowflame and buff it slightly while just being rid of corruption as an affliction spell. The whole of the spec can't function in pvp when you'd think by its largely instant arsenal, defensive/offensive form, and mobility it would be an option.

Cb damage was to high so we reduced it by 30%
    reduced the amount of ember bits available to 30.

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    This... I just love it when the young ones come on the forums and are like "OOOOOO HE'S UBER OP, NERRRRFFFF". I am a little surprised the OP didn't link some simcraft to back his nerfwagon.

They will not nerf it because of secondary stat scaling. As soon as you start to get heroic SoO gear, Aff and Demo start to close the gap quickly on Destro. In full BiS Heroic gear, Destro and Demo sim out to be extremely close. If anything, they might give out small nerfs to demo and destro but nothing major imo.