Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    As someone who is studying to become a teacher - I've watched a lot of documentaries and I get the feeling that teachers, at least those who take their job seriously, already have a lot to cope with. And I think that those teachers will do everything they can to help students who are being bullied. But how much can you really do? And how much does a student have to be bullied before you do something?
    Last edited by mmocfe122ee89c; 2013-10-19 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am studying to be teacher and this thread got me really into thinking what would I do in the situation.

It is very hard to say what I would do as it depends on the situation. However if had slightest suspicion I would contact parents first to let them know what might be happening as children are often afraid to talk about it. I would try to help the victim the best I could, I see it as my duty... But I would also try to talk to the bully (or bullies). I think bullying is just the earliest form of ignorance so I would try to show the bully how wrong he is and what he might have in common with his victim.

However the largest part is in parents' hands, as a teacher you have only that small amount of time to actually change something. The problem with bullies and victims is that they both come from almost the same family background. It is just a different way of coping with the lack of attention, some traumatic events or some other strange things (Like my friend was bullied as he wasn't able to cope with being overly watched by his mother.). Both victims and bullies seek (different kind of) attention, they need to be loved unless there is some pathological malfunction. That's why most of the people grew up from it.

I think it is matter of modern times. In the recent years the amount of divorces increased, parents are pursuing for careers more and are leaving their children in front of computers or TV. And to be honest I am not huge fan of all the new cartoons and so on... Most of it only teach children to solve problems by violence and they think it is okay because when Jerry hits Tom with frying pan and they just laugh (When I was child I used to watch cartoons like this.). Not that I am saying that computers and TV are bad, but young children are doing what they see and when they see that violence solves problems and brings no consequences they will start to use it. Same applies to the child's views, it is surprising how children who never met a single Romani (or gypsy) could hate them with such passion and it is usually parents who hate them. Child picks up this behaviour because he/she see that his/her parents are doing it. And don't let me start with all the nonsense that is going on while raising infant...

And what to do from victim's perspective? You need to show you have other qualities which deserves respect. I was always the smallest child in class and I was never bullied... In fact always I stood up for others. I never really fought, but because I was willing to protect victims, the bullies respected me. In the end it made the children in class to hold together more.

What I tried to say is, don't blame teachers. They have only small amount of control in their hands. Parents and society are far more important factors in shaping behaviour of children!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my previous post on the subject.

Some really good tips =D
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D