Page 1 of 37
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it wrong to have sex with someone that you know is in a long relationship

Hey champs.

To sum up the story pertaining to this question, I ran into an old friend at homecoming that I knew since HS. Back then, it was clear we liked each other, but we went our serperate ways before it got far. As we went to diff schools and had different interests, we kind of just stopped talking. Fast forward to the present day, I ran into her at my colleges homecoming. And what began as me drinking hot coco in her dorm drifted into watching a movie on her nook whilst my head rested on her bosom, and then drifted into tickeling/playfighting, and then drifted into second base. When I realized what I was doing in the heat of the moment, I stopped but still cuddled with her for like... 2 hours (Still debating in my head what I should do). Since she is currently in a 4 year relationship, it just conflicted with me morally. During the 2 hr long conflict in my head, she gave me every green light in the book to have sex. Eventually, I mustered the energy to leave.

I have since decided to friend zone her until further notice and she is grateful that I made the decision that I did.

Which brings me to the question above. What do you guys think?

No you wait till they break up its wrong to have sex with someone already in a relation ship ontop of hiding it

only wrong for the other person

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    only wrong for the other person
    It's funny you say that. I almost justified what I was doing solely based on that.

Deleted
    Wrong for the other. You won't earn a mister nice guy reward and may have to face the boyfriend, but in the end nobody can blame you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If she's up for it, no reason not to plow it.

It's not wrong at all.

That's the way I handle it.
    If the other person is in a relationship, there won't happen ANYTHING. No cuddling, no playfighting, nothing.
    When I'm in a relationship, I don't even meet other girls to watch a movie or whatever. I don't want a reward for that, but that's just how I am.

Do I want to be accessory to someone lying and hurting others? No.

It's wrong for both parties, in my opinion.
    I don't really think it made a huge difference you left. It could have gotten worse, sure, but at that point you were both already guilty.
    Tsk tsk, shame on you, op!

I guess the definition of whether it's right or wrong would differ from person to person. To me that would be wrong.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

lol. Do you even have to ask that? Nobody is a victim in an affair. Both parties are equally responsible (providing both parties are aware) for the misdeed. The length people go to, to justify getting their end away is amazing. Nobody wants to be on the other end of this predicament so why force it on someone else? On top of that, the fact that she was green lighting you while knowing full well she was in a long term relationship speaks volumes for her character. You probably dont want to be with someone like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morally its wrong for both of you if you know she's in a relationship, not that it would stop me. All actions have consequences so you'd have to be ready for that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be different for everyone but if I knew about that fact, I'd say no because I feel it is wrong. Sure the other guy might not know but it still feels pretty shitty if you ask me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well.. Yes it is wrong. But in saying that ive been there and ive done the same thing.. Dude it happens.
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

I'll just say this much:

If she's willing to cheat on her boyfriend with you, then she's willing to cheat on you with someone else.

If you're cool with that, then dig in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do what you wanna do... At the end of the day (and that may come to a shocking for some now) we are not around to be moral apostles, we are adults and have to make our own choices and decisions. If you feel uncomfortably with it, then don't do it. If you enjoy it, then do it. The other person involved has to make it's very own decisions too. We all are responsible for our own actions, and that for ourselves, and not for others.
    She may have had a reason, and that's not for anyone to judge.
    I know people that in fact have open relationships where having sex with another person is in no way negatively influential to their actually very strong relationship.
    Basically, with relationships, as with most other things too, there's not just black and white.. There are many many different levels existing. I am tempted to say, just about as many as there are relationships. Every single one is different from the other.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not a religious man, but seriously "do to others..."

What you did, was way past whats "okay" in the first place.
    The descent thing to do, is what you did; 2 hours earlier. And then get a hold of the boyfriend to let him know; that he's wasting his time.

Dont keyboard rape me now, Im just saying: Thats what I wouldve wanted.
    I like juice

10+ Year Old Account
    I may have knowingly went with the intent to doing so, and I may have known what I was doing when I initiated the play-fighting. But in the end, I felt that I did the right thing when it came down to it. It's one thing to have values and morals, and it's another stick by them in these situations.

5 years ago I would say no... YOLO, just do it.

she cheats with you, she will cheat on u.