Poll: Which is your least favorite BG?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    OT: My favorites (most loved ones):

AB - I'm a vanilla player and AB is like my home town with best memories. The BG has the right pace and perfect design to support small group combat! Usually 3-4 feuds going on at the same time on several nods and you can pick your fights. I always go where the situation is like 2vs4 or 1vs2-3 where I enjoy the challenge the most. I also like trying to take on 2-3 guys defending a nod where I can kill both and steal it, I PLAY THIS GAME FOR THESE MOMENTS.

WSG - It gets really dirty and personal. Yes, gear differences matter a lot but I'm always perfectly geared (I play 2 chars in total). Bots also matter more here than elsewhere but if we have 1-2 bots this simply adds to the challenge. Also, did I mention I was a vanilla player

Kotmogu - surprisingly this one is incredibly lot of fun. I can pick orbs or just snipe Orb carriers and it's always dynamic. It's the closes thing to a deathmatch and I love this - I used to play a lot of deathmatch games in Unreal, Quake and the likes and this is very close in experience although it's an MMO. This one is incredibly dynamic, gets very personal and I get excited every time I get in the square. It's relatively easy to spot the good enemy players on this one and try your best against them and ignore the nubs. Either way, when they see you're going against specific players things get personal and they start chasing you around as well Love it!

EOTS - great design - a lot of visibility, 2 different strats to winning, supports 2-3 feuds that are usually going on at the same time. It can turn into a disorganized zerg fest though and unlike Kotmogu where everyone is in the same place, one of the teams can really get split up while the other one starts facerolling.

I am always honor / conquest capped so I always play random BGs for fun. I never care if we win or lose, if I can win at least 1 or 2 1v2 situations or against equially skilled opponents I'm happy to queue again!

I voted for IotC, but to all the people who are hating on strand, have you played it recently? There have been some very dramatic changes to the gameplay and I think it is much more enjoyable now.

1.) Bombs do considerable damage to the gate.
    2.) Bombs require a cast time to drop as well as disarm.
    3.) Only one Demo spawns per Demo spawn point.
    4.) Demos don't have melee move anymore.

It is actually making it into more of a pvp zone instead of a vehicle zone. The games I have played since the patch it is mostly about the bomb running and protecting and less about the vehicles(since they are controlled and die easily). There are more games with unbroken gates as well as games that are courtyard defenses. Less games of just steamrolling.

Deleted
    As every horde my least favorite BGs are IoC and AV

I voted for AV, however I do have to agree that EotS is a pain. I was always stuck at a base in randoms as an undergeared healer because no one else would stay. I would always get overrun, even when I call out and end up getting yelled at if we lost the flag. I really don't understand that mentality.

isle of conquest for sure

I don't like AV/IoC and to a lesser extent SotA. I don't even think they should be "PvP" maps since they are primarily PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    I don't like AV/IoC and to a lesser extent SotA. I don't even think they should be "PvP" maps since they are primarily PvE.
    Word for word how I feel. I hate all three of them, but since I can only veto two, I tend to do AV and IoC and suffer through SotA. If I had to choose just one to be my least favorite though, it would probably be IoC. All the crappy aspects of both AV and SotA wrapped in one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Funny.. These 3 (and EotS) are the only BGs I can even tolerate to be in..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    That new one "gorge" or whatever its called is horrible. The mine one and arathi basin are also pretty bad. Alterac is terrible as well as IoC.

The only two I enjoy playing are Twin Peaks and Gilneas. The rest are either whatever, horrible or complete garbage. I honestly miss the days when I actually used to enjoy playing random battlegrounds. Now I can only bare to play one or possibly two a day. And when I'm done playing I just log off with a feeling of "well that was a waste of time."

This poll pretty much shows how much blizzard fucked up with the WOTLK bgs, best expansion but worst new bgs by faaaaaaaaaar.

They should just remove them from the game so I don't have to waste my blacklist slots on them.

AV, Isle of conquest, and strand of the ancients blow ass. Get rid of them and please and give us some PVP FOCUSED battlegrounds

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    As Horde IoC and AV are always on my blacklist, awful BGs that favor alliance. Strand is bad but sadly no third Blacklist slot.
    For a while there Horde was dominating AV. They were stalling Alliance at Galv and foiling them with backcaps.

The only thing that changed is the value of backcapping. Where it used to completely stymie Alliance if you backcapped TP and IB it no longer really matters. If horde would adjust to the changes it would probably return to being a fairly even contest.

Same with IoC. Getting glaives on target used to be hard. Horde would send enough forces to destroy them before they could do anything and Alliance would be hamstrung. Now we can practically send 2 guys to the docks to cap and bring the glaives up while we all parachute into the base and wait for the gate to fall.

It's some kind of weird case of group psyche at work. The overwhelming majority of Horde seems resigned to losing those bgs now...so they do.

Anyway I picked post because I agree. SoTA blows and I wish I had a third blacklist slot.

Warsong gulch. I hate FC BGs with a passion, because it always turns into "dat fucking druid, three healers and a bunch of damage dealers hiding in their base with our flag, while half of our team do nothing beside noobyfighting in the middle".

Deleted
    definitely twin peaks. it usually boils down to fighting in the middle, but somehow worse than WSG... didn't even realise that was possible

strands, id say isles comes second but its big enough to fit a lot of 1v1s when fighting for the minor corner nodes.

long live AB.

Deleted
    Wait a minute... 27.41% votes of IoC... Are you guys having a laugh?