10+ Year Old Account

[Enh] Weird results with T16.

So I got t16 2p on my enhancement shaman and after raid I thought i'd do some simulations.
    my ilvl is 533 or so and i'm going for mastery gems now (12k mastery from gear)
    so my results were
    eote+uf : 191800
    as+uf: 193100
    em+pe: 196800

Is there something wrong or it's what I was supposed to get ?
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tinos/advanced
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Hey I did some simulations on ur Character with 2 different specs:
    eote+uf: 175702 dps
    em+pe: 172167 dps

Seems like you did short Simulations. Just put it on max to get the best results.

Go to options, set your Iterations on atleast 10000 and put the length on 600 seconds. then you will get more accurate results.

Just a tip when they are so close to each other: Just play the spec you like the most. If you don't prefer any spec, use the EM/PE on burst fights and EotE/UF on fights you need to AoE or when you need sustain DPS.

I personally use EotE/UF on all fights since I like that 1 the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using EM+UF for awhile with the 2pc t16, and it seems to work great for me.

I have a macro that blows all my cooldowns at once (Wolves, potion, Blood Fury, Glove Tinker, Ascendance, Elemental Mastery).
    I'll hit that, drop my Fire Ele (glyphed), then use UE -> FS then the normal ascendance rotation. EM actually works nicely with the 2pc + UF, as it gives me more static shock procs during that. At the end of my fights, Lightning Shield is my top damage spell. I also have Assurance of Consequence (Flex) and Haromm's Talisman (Flex), so the haste helps with the procs during that as well, further boosting my damage.

I reforge Hit/Exp (7.5) Mastery > Haste > Crit, and gem for agility. I don't have any logs, but I'm running a sim right now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alken/advanced is my armory, if you want to see it.

http://misc.vouksh.com/results_html.html results from my sim, 529 ilvl.
    172,130 dps
    Last edited by Vouksh89; 2013-10-17 at 07:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not weird, EM/PE will sim out highest until u reach a certain threshold, at which point UF will start outstripping PE, and for some fights AS > EM.

EotE and EB consistently sim out lowest on single target, and I doubt EotE's benefit for aoe fights due to the burstiness of most of them. I haven't found it to make a change for me.

Long story short -> EM/PE is the optimal single target setup for me too, in 550 with 2p and AoC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butser View Post
    Hey I did some simulations on ur Character with 2 different specs:
    eote+uf: 175702 dps
    em+pe: 172167 dps

Seems like you did short Simulations. Just put it on max to get the best results.

Go to options, set your Iterations on atleast 10000 and put the length on 600 seconds. then you will get more accurate results.

Just a tip when they are so close to each other: Just play the spec you like the most. If you don't prefer any spec, use the EM/PE on burst fights and EotE/UF on fights you need to AoE or when you need sustain DPS.

I personally use EotE/UF on all fights since I like that 1 the most.
    My sims were 550 secs +-10% with 10k itterations . dunno what's wrong with your sim program . mine was updated for 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    My sims were 550 secs +-10% with 10k itterations . dunno what's wrong with your sim program . mine was updated for 5.4.
    PE is favoured by AoC
    UF is favoured by 2pc

If you have both, which talent is best is going to depend on your other gear.

The long and the short of it is to not be surprised if PE OR UF is optimal for your current gear set. Given that they end up so close you are generally better picking the best talent for the fight rather than worrying about strictly single target simulations. (eg. If you have lots of off the boss time, then EM and PE might be your best choice so you can load damage into the boss during your time there. eg2. you need to consistently kill an add and CDs are not up for it every time, UF is probably the best choice).

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the help Ryethe. I'll try and figure this out.