10+ Year Old Account

Mercenaries. Another spontaneous Race/Faction Idea!

Reading threads on this site gets me thinking sometimes...

Now back in WC3 there were certain buildings that you could find in the wild, remember? Mercenary buildings. You could hire X mob to fight for you. Now I just read a thread regarding if a human faction joining Horde and I thought, "Yeah, probs something like pirates, or some other faction or whatever" but then I thought of the Mercenaries.

With the Pandaren being a neutral race, and even though I know Blizzard said that they didn't like how that played out in the end and will be weary of doing something similar in the future, I could see something like a Mercenary battlement. Hear me out.

There's a few ways this could turn out.
    1. You start off as a part of the Mercenary faction, training and doing what you do with either a new race, or a collaboration of old and new races (Ogres, Gnolls, new lore race etc.) and you basically go through an area like the Turtle. Once you finish there's a whole scene with important lore characters from either faction asking to hire you.
    2. This is a and/or option here, you can pay to go Freelance from the Blizzstore and can be hired that way. Very similar to faction change but you keep your race. This I really don't see as a good option but it's there.

I'm sure people have other ideas of how a Mercenary system could work out. Of course people like difference between factions and all but with the way I see Blizzard taking the game so far with balancing, it could be an option.

Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amplifire_
    Trade chat on my server is acting out the end of Revenge of the Sith but with Arthas. "From my point of view the paladins are evil!"

So wait, so you want to bring real money into the equation?

The player characters already are mercenaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    So wait, so you want to bring real money into the equation?
    As an option.. It'd be just like race/faction change for those lazy people who don't want to level again? I don't see your problem..

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The player characters already are mercenaries.
    Well they are heroes of their own faction/race.. Not mercenaries for hire without any allegiance. Though technically they would be once you choose your faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amplifire_
    Trade chat on my server is acting out the end of Revenge of the Sith but with Arthas. "From my point of view the paladins are evil!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it could work. I don't think the whole real money thing is a good idea. Just do a normal faction change and you're fine.

One thing I always thought would be cool was to have the ability to change factions and keep your race. It would have to be done via some long in game quest and not be something you could just decide you were gonna do one day and the next be on the other team.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!