Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Scores? Ladders? Competitive? I'm not sure you're doing it right....

Who the hell even cares about proving grounds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    Have you done the healer challenge? If you stop healing (to stealth), you will lose very quickly, since the challenge ends when any of the friendly NPCs die. Unless the exploit involves increasing the damage output of the NPCs by a factor of 100... or making them invulnerable for minutes at a time...
    There are no NPC's if you execute the exploit properly, if you want to know more just google it, its easy to find information if you know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Shavokqt View Post
    Hi.

Amphetamines=!exploiting.
    ^ Reason for so many of my replies.. lol

Anyways,

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - Arthur Doyle

I eliminated the impossible(you're only proof towards them cheating), by showing that there is a 'slight' mathematical odd of getting above 200. So what remains is the 'slight' mathematical reason as to why they were able to. So again, until Blue Post states something, that 'slight' chance they have has to be true.

You can keep QQ'ing about how there is some exploit, but until its proven true, its all hearsay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drairon View Post
    You can keep QQ'ing about how there is some exploit, but until its proven true, its all hearsay.
    Id be glad to link to a message board with more in detail information but im not gonna eat a infraction for spreading exploits, sorry

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Scores? Ladders? Competitive? I'm not sure you're doing it right....

Who the hell even cares about proving grounds?
    I don't care about proving grounds. I *do* care about cheating.

And those silly ass lottery comparisons. Be serious, there's like 3 people with double the score of next person in line. There's zero of those in DPS challenge. Am I supposed to believe that all of sudden this Master of WoW appeared and completely destroyed everyone else in proving grounds?

Hell, 300 waves is 5 straight hours of playing. And suddenly there's a jump from 120 to 300? Nothing in between? Please... Even if it was somehow legit, there'd have to be at least something betwen the two - a "failed" attempt at this super run. But nope, straight to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownero View Post
    I already explained. The exploit, removes the npcs from the arena, they wont spawn anymore, while the exploiter just stays stealthed surrounded by mobs.
    IF this were true, it would take a minute for a developer to fix... they only need to add see through stealth to all the enemies (and perhaps increase their aggro radius) and this exploit would fail.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post

And those silly ass lottery comparisons. Be serious, there's like 3 people with double the score of next person in line. There's zero of those in DPS challenge. Am I supposed to believe that all of sudden this Master of WoW appeared and completely destroyed everyone else in proving grounds?

Hell, 300 waves is 5 straight hours of playing. And suddenly there's a jump from 120 to 300? Nothing in between? Please... Even if it was somehow legit, there'd have to be at least something betwen the two - a "failed" attempt at this super run. But nope, straight to the top.
    I had a failed attempt at around 70, and another at around 80.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a failed attempt at around 70, and another at around 80.
    So what does this prove? there are certain waves that are "easy" and certain that are "hard" - if you get past "hard" one on 7X, you'll probably get to 8X before having issues again. 'Course, there's more than just one of those, but...

Either way, it's gradual progression, no sudden jump from 70 to 170.

So what does this prove? there are certain waves that are "easy" and certain that are "hard" - if you get past "hard" one on 7X, you'll probably get to 8X before having issues again. 'Course, there's more than just one of those, but...

Either way, it's gradual progression, no sudden jump from 70 to 170.
    It's actually more or less just figuring out how to time things exactly, and having the willpower to play through headaches. Braindwen discusses it in the druid soloing thread. He managed to get around 130 quite easily, and most people just don't try again after they die two hours in.

Deleted
    Those "scores" and "ladders", they are on wowhead ?
    So it's not a WoW thing, it's a WoWhead thing ? Even if they gather the number of waves by some buried stat somewhere, Blizzard never made a "ladder" or record board to track who's best etc... So I fail to see where that concerns Blizzard.

If there's been an exploit, talk about it on the forum, and they will take actions if it's legit.
    But there are no reason Blizzard should bother to reset a stat that is as important as the number of Legendary items gathered (farm Kael'thas a few weeks and you'll see what I'm talking about).

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    Those "scores" and "ladders", they are on wowhead ?
    So it's not a WoW thing, it's a WoWhead thing ? Even if they gather the number of waves by some buried stat somewhere, Blizzard never made a "ladder" or record board to track who's best etc... So I fail to see where that concerns Blizzard.

If there's been an exploit, talk about it on the forum, and they will take actions if it's legit.
    But there are no reason Blizzard should bother to reset a stat that is as important as the number of Legendary items gathered (farm Kael'thas a few weeks and you'll see what I'm talking about).
    While I agree this isn't competition on the order of the world first raid progression race, they did release it as a major feature and Blizzard should be concerned about the integrity of it. And as shown by changes they've made to other areas of the game (gold making exploits, etc.), they do care about keeping things fair. So if there is an exploit, they'd want to fix it. And if they can pin down whoever used the exploit, they'd remove the results of those runs as well (they wouldn't reset everyone, just the ones they could prove exploited).

Deleted
    It's actually more or less just figuring out how to time things exactly, and having the willpower to play through headaches. Braindwen discusses it in the druid soloing thread. He managed to get around 130 quite easily, and most people just don't try again after they die two hours in.
    But there's a certain point where the theoretical output that you can do with your healer becomes insufficient to deal with the incoming damage, because even with perfect play there WILL be damage. Having done PG up to 85 myself, I'm convinced that this point lies well below wave 243.

Either way, noone will get to wave 100+ without practice and these top scores are being hit on the same day as these players hitting their first endless achievements. Even if clear evidence for the exploit wasn't already out there to find, it would be too obvious. Heck one of them even got the endless tank wave 30 achievement without having a tank spec.
    Last edited by mmoc0b02ba1114; 2013-10-17 at 04:30 PM.

Yeah, heck I didn't know any more about the exploit than what's posted in this thread (that it involves stealth) and I managed to recreate it in about 10 minutes of trying random stuff.

For the person who said make the mobs see stealth: They do, and will continue to chase you if you vanish (won't even care about the vanish at all). They just never activate when you exploit it, so they just chill in place.

P.S: Don't bring me up in discussion when exploits are obvious, dude. It's annoying. Next time stop at 13132 or something; it'd make it more dramatic and less obvious.
    Or just combatlog it to remove any doubt (gonna be so sad when this expires http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9z3u0xwgehwbuju8/)

Edit2: I really hope someone manages to beat bronze/silver/gold on a rogue. Just take the record for PG tank as a rogue. Sad thing is there would still be people saying that they did those 300 waves legit and they're just THAT good at rogue.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-10-17 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Which is great. Gear should be scaled according to what you're doing. Should be like that for everything in the game.
    lol no game is no balance arond 463 ilvl at any really...? And watss the stop? raids no reason to kill boss 2 time. no gear progress. ne smart people would say 'hey lets scale mob up to his gear where game is more balnc atm no scal him down lol'

so many spec or clas is not playeble at 463 gear levls so ppl dont bother

Quote Originally Posted by Ownero View Post
    Hello, so recently on wowprogress proving grounds ladders, some insane scores popped; tank with 290 waves, healers with 230 waves, pretty much close to impossible. After some research, it seems there is bug wich can lead to clearing infinite waves, getting exploited by a lot of ppl lately. Proving grounds looked like a great addition to the game, but after the whole waves of bugs getting exploited it got more and more irrelevant and lost its competitive side.

My question is, do you think, scores will get a reset ? Do you think actions will be taken against exploiters ? Or its just gonna get fixed and left alone, as a not so important feature of the game ?
    It's a half-assed feature to begin with, I personally don't care what happens to PG one way or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is always something that is deemed 'impossible'. Some older tier content(within the same expansion) that everyone believe would be impossible to solo till the next expansion or 2. Yet people like Raegywn, Mionelol, or Durendil prove them wrong.

Not saying that there isn't a bug/exploit, but till Blizz creates a Blue Post on a HotFix to ProvingGrounds because of "something", it's highly likely that those people getting such a high score created a prefect tactic for proving grounds.
    Mob health goes up every 10 waves and your ilvl is always 463. There's just no way you could overcome it at a certain point...that point is more than likely waaaay before 200+ waves. For some classes 50 would be close to impossible I think. In fact, highest druid is 44.

edit: for dps that is.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

This thread hurts my brain.

P.S. it was hotfixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know about the scaling down of gear. If that's what Cyrops is saying is against his RPG Genre, that iono..
    Progress of a character is core of an RPG for me.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Which is great. Gear should be scaled according to what you're doing. Should be like that for everything in the game.
    Not really, at least not for healings.. having to regem, reforge and reenchant everything is pretty stupid.. it's the npcs that should scale UP to your level, not the opposite.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Training and learning new techniques on how to overcome your enemy is against the RPG Genre?
    Training on learning new techniques to stay awake through even 5 waves of boring ground*

- - - Updated - - -

Because tank/healer is really just survival, while as dps you need to kill something within a timer or it will reset(if timer reaches 0 in tank/healer, next wave will spawn while you still got something left)

Edit: doesn't the scores just show best wave for each person? so if i do 120, 130, 140, 150 it will just show as 150?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!