Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Old expansion raid lockouts should be shorter

With old expansion raids left to dust and primarily used for transmog of items and mounts, I believe it is time to lower there raid lock out days. I am honestly sick and tired of farming Gorehowl from Prince Machalezzar in Karazhan. It is so annoying that I have to wait a whole entire week to attempt to get Gorehowl again. Iv farmed this in game item for about 13 weeks now and still no drop, and I know there are others out there like me who farm transmog items from raids but they never drop, this addition to the game will allow more people to get there transmog gear, add something to do in the game, more attempts at farming mounts, and less QQ when your item doesn't drop I do think the game would benefit much from this and it would be a great addition to us transmog collectors and mount farmers.

- - - Updated - - -

Thoughts on this?

yes I want to finish my Valanyr faster lol. and Curator won't drop the stupid pet...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes I agree

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind grinding BT for last glaive twice a week.

Three day resets like the old Onyxia and ZG/AQ20 would be cool.

The only down side is people who do actively farm these have ~2x as much income from boss gold (which is low) and vendoring (which is the bulk of your income).

I wouldn't mind being able to double my efforts to get transmog stuff and mounts.

I think as long as the raid is one or two expansions old, it should be fine.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the things that provides longevity for players. Blizz wants players playing for a long time, so I doubt it will happen.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Agreed. No one is pushing for "World 500,000th Kara" or anything. Old ZG was three days if I recall, I think that's perfect.

Edit; Nuke the gold drops (see; Kara) and lower vendor price on the items inside, maybe like 35% less? I dunno.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    Edit; Nuke the gold drops (see; Kara) and lower vendor price on the items inside, maybe like 35% less? I dunno.
    I think the vendor price will drop with the ilvl squish, as I believe vendor price is based on a) the type of item, b) the quality of item, and c) the ilvl of the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    With old expansion raids left to dust and primarily used for transmog of items and mounts, I believe it is time to lower there raid lock out days. I am honestly sick and tired of farming Gorehowl from Prince Machalezzar in Karazhan. It is so annoying that I have to wait a whole entire week to attempt to get Gorehowl again. Iv farmed this in game item for about 13 weeks now and still no drop, and I know there are others out there like me who farm transmog items from raids but they never drop, this addition to the game will allow more people to get there transmog gear, add something to do in the game, more attempts at farming mounts, and less QQ when your item doesn't drop I do think the game would benefit much from this and it would be a great addition to us transmog collectors and mount farmers.

- - - Updated - - -

Thoughts on this?
    First off, how do you solo the chess event? I would love to get my teir helm for my hunter.

Second of all, I have the perfect item to use on those lock outs. You guys remember Charms of Fortune and Mogu Runestone? Well most of us have like 20 of each now. Allow us to buy a lock out reset with five Charms or three Runestones with a grand total of three resets per week per character. I seriously have no use for those items.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    First off, how do you solo the chess event? I would love to get my teir helm for my hunter.

Second of all, I have the perfect item to use on those lock outs. You guys remember Charms of Fortune and Mogu Runestone? Well most of us have like 20 of each now. Allow us to buy a lock out reset with five Charms or three Runestones with a grand total of three resets per week per character. I seriously have no use for those items.
    Ding ding ding! This man wins best idea of the day award.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post

Its pretty easy just keep moving your troops forward, and the game always will bum rush there king into your pieces and u just surround him and win

Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    Its pretty easy just keep moving your troops forward, and the game always will bum rush there king into your pieces and u just surround him and win
    I'm going to try this out in a couple of days(I work 12 hour shifts, so I can't really play on days I work), I would love to finish that set, it's been bothering me for a long time now.

Deleted
    I agree, lockouts should be faster, but only for old raids

A 3 day lock out sounds reasonable for old content that is soloable

Its not like they drop huge amounts of gold like they used too

Deleted
    why not give the items for free? lets just remove the lockout and let a vendor sell the items.. ffs

10+ Year Old Account
    If raid lockouts are nerfed, so should drop rates..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

To people complaining about droprates - go kill rares around pandaria for an evening. This has no lockout and gets you ridiculous amounts of gold doing the same thing, I repeat with no lockout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    To people complaining about droprates - go kill rares around pandaria for an evening. This has no lockout and gets you ridiculous amounts of gold doing the same thing, I repeat with no lockout.
    Yeah. One time I killed a Zandalari Warscout and he dropped a goodie bag with something like 3 stacks of enchanting dust, a part stack of essence and a sha crystal in it. I was kind of sad the second time I killed one and only got a shadopan insignia.

but the bottom line is, the wussy sub level 90 rares all drop a blue bop worth between 10 and 20 gold and on top of that have a chance of also dropping goodie bags and it adds up pretty fast.

The fact is if you turn old raid facerolling into a viable gold making method, in order to do it, people have to stop using a different viable gold making method. You don't even need to look for rares either. Just pop some heads at dominance point, the cloth and the green items rain from the sky. Or the tokens on timeless isle, if you have enough level 90 toons you can just generate the items from them and then vendor the items.

Having a 3 day lockout on Naxx/sunwell/etc would hardly wreck the economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disagreed. It would make mount and legendary farming too easy/much quicker which would:

A) Diminish the accomplishment when you get one.
    and B) Diminish the accomplishment of the people who already have one.

I do think Blizzard should do something to make them more enjoyable, or scale your item level with the raid so it becomes challenging again, but I don't think the lockout should change.