What ilvl for normal modes?

Im a holy pally, wanting to at some point do normal modes, however im going to need to use open raid (maybe find some using oqueu)

But exactly how geared should I be before progressing normals?

In general, the ilvl you should use for any given raid the normal ilvl of the raid before it. So,
    496 for ToT, should be 500 though, as people never ask for less usually.
    522 for SoO, though you can't do that cross-realm on OR.
    People generally tend to ask for higher than that.

Honestly any raids before that don't matter as you can easily get near full 496 on Timeless Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by HG-Bounder-X View Post
    In general, the ilvl you should use for any given raid the normal ilvl of the raid before it. So,
    496 for ToT, should be 500 though, as people never ask for less usually.
    522 for SoO, though you can't do that cross-realm on OR.
    People generally tend to ask for higher than that.

Honestly any raids before that don't matter as you can easily get near full 496 on Timeless Isle.
    oqueu seems to ask for 540 for Flex, so I though normal would be a bit more than that.

Deleted
    That kind of depends on the raidleader. I generally ask for 535 or more on normal mode pugs. Although I'm willing to take lower ilvl people as well if they can somehow prove that they are good players.

Deleted
    530 with normal EXP, 540 if you're new

Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    oqueu seems to ask for 540 for Flex, so I though normal would be a bit more than that.
    That's because people just want to steamroll through content that they completely outgear, either because the raid leader is a low ilvl and wants to be carried or because the group only needs 1-2 items and just wants to do it and hope they get it.

Normal, assuming you're in a progression guild, would probably take any 522+ as long as you're skilled. Maybe even a 515+. Gear doesn't matter nearly as much as people claim it does, and you'll get geared quickly in a normal mode guild anyway.