Deleted

Question Is Assurance of Consequence bugged?

Hey all,

I was lucky enough to bonus roll Assurance in our raid last night, and I've double upgraded it meaning that it reads it increases the CD recovery rate of yadda yadda by 42%.

One ability it effects is Stampede, on a 5 minute cooldown (300 seconds). 42% of 300 seconds is 126 seconds so I would expect the new cooldown to be 300 - 126 = 174 seconds, or 2.9 minutes.

BUT in game, my Stamp cooldown is now 3.52 minutes... and I can't for the life of me work out why... any thoughts?

I know the trinket doesn't say "reduces the cooldown by" but it takes 5 minutes to recover so I read it as being the same (probably incorrectly - which is where you lot can help me)!

Thanks!

The short answer is that recovery rate doesn't directly equal reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Whats the long answer?

Use search button... Another neverending topic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    This.

Your 3,52 minutes (211 seconds) * 1,42 = 300.

Assurence increases the recovery rating rather than reducing CDs, the trinket is just poorly worded. What this actualy means is that if it increases rec rate by 42% it makes your rec rate 1.42 rather than just 1, so you divide your spell CD by 1.42 and youll get the CD after equiping the trinket, in your case your new CD should be 211.27 seconds aprox (in other words, 3.52 minutes).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Assurence increases the recovery rating rather than reducing CDs, the trinket is just poorly worded. What this actualy means is that if it increases rec rate by 42% it makes your rec rate 1.42 rather than just 1, so you divide your spell CD by 1.42 and youll get the CD after equiping the trinket, in your case your new CD should be 211.27 seconds aprox (in other words, 3.52 minutes).
    Gotcha - thanks a lot for that explaination

Another example: If you would get a 100% reduction, it doesnt meant that your cooldown is 0 but only half the original cd = 2.5 minutes.