Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    When does everyone think it's an appropriate time to go for 15.3k haste breakpoint ? either it be ilvl or how much spirit you're comfortable with, obviously quite a bit of heroic gear is needed. But aside from that do you guys think it's only viable in 25 man or can it be worked into a 10 man too.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    That may be a part of the problem. If the adds aren't being pulled back to where Aethus (sp?) keeps dropping fireballs, then it will strain your whole raid. Not sure if that might be happening in your group, tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemoss View Post
    Your dps/tank really need to be interupting, there is no excuse for not doing it, also not stunning the charging add can hold you back aswell. Whip them into shape!
    Yep, that was the problem. We got Galakras down last night in a one-shot (and Iron Juggernaut in 2 and made good progress on the Shaman) by doing those things.
    Finally got a piece of loot after 2 weeks of nothing. T16 2pc bonus continues to elude me...

But on Galakras pulling everything down the road and putting the interrupts to the tank and dps helped immeasurably (doing it right, who knew).

I'm in a very similar situation as OP. Resto Shammy in a 10 man raiding guild that is stuck on Galakras. Even though I'm top heals on every attempt, I feel like I can be doing more. Can people that know more about this than I do check out my armory to see if there is anything I need to fix?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Pigthug/simple

Quote Originally Posted by itskevinlol View Post
    When does everyone think it's an appropriate time to go for 15.3k haste breakpoint ?
    Personally I wouldn't aim for it. You're gonna need alot of upgraded heroic gear for that haste point and when you do reach it your progress is gonna be over and you got everything on farm.

I would go for the 8,9k/9.1ish hastepoint for the HST tick. Maybe a taaad more as a troll to reach the 60% HTT with racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    Shammy in a 10 man raiding guild that is stuck on Galakras.
    There a a few things your guild needs to execute correctly.
    1. Assign groups on tower. You don't want more dps on tower than you need.
    2. You need to prioritize your kill order. Totems and Banners nr 1.
    3. Put up a interrupt rotation on the Shaman. Nuke him down and interrupt his heal.
    4. Tank the adds in the fire thing on the ground. Its friendly, doesn't dmg you just the mobs.
    5. You need to stun the Bonecrushers doing fractures. Don't let them cast a full fracture.
    6. Stack behind boss and nuke the living sh*t out of her while handle the orb/debuff.

As a shaman here are few tips:
    1. Keep HR on your raid.
    2. Don't glyph RT, use it to spot heal the fire thingy from dragons in P1.
    3. Help on interruption duty.
    4. Totemic projection + Capicator Totem+Glyph can help you stun on the Fractures.
    5. Rotate your Stormlash for the mini-burn phases.
    6. Rotate your cooldowns effectively but make sure they are up for P2.

i stick around 14k spi while maintaining the 30% haste plataue for HR raid buffed.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Khalis/simple

still waiting on many upgrades from SoO to replace some mastery peices, want to focus on more crit while maintaining the haste plataue and spi around 14k, no problems in healing anything as this is my alt so everyone in the team needs gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekboy View Post
    Personally I wouldn't aim for it. You're gonna need alot of upgraded heroic gear for that haste point and when you do reach it your progress is gonna be over and you got everything on farm.

I would go for the 8,9k/9.1ish hastepoint for the HST tick. Maybe a taaad more as a troll to reach the 60% HTT with racial.

There a a few things your guild needs to execute correctly.
    1. Assign groups on tower. You don't want more dps on tower than you need.
    2. You need to prioritize your kill order. Totems and Banners nr 1.
    3. Put up a interrupt rotation on the Shaman. Nuke him down and interrupt his heal.
    4. Tank the adds in the fire thing on the ground. Its friendly, doesn't dmg you just the mobs.
    5. You need to stun the Bonecrushers doing fractures. Don't let them cast a full fracture.
    6. Stack behind boss and nuke the living sh*t out of her while handle the orb/debuff.

As a shaman here are few tips:
    1. Keep HR on your raid.
    2. Don't glyph RT, use it to spot heal the fire thingy from dragons in P1.
    3. Help on interruption duty.
    4. Totemic projection + Capicator Totem+Glyph can help you stun on the Fractures.
    5. Rotate your Stormlash for the mini-burn phases.
    6. Rotate your cooldowns effectively but make sure they are up for P2.

We get through P1 easily, usually nothing more than a small hitch that only wastes an "oh crap" cd that won't be up for a few min. Haven't wiped from fractures or messing up towers in a long time. However we just keep wiping at around 15% when Gal comes down. I'm our top healer, usually beating the next highest healer by ~5% of total healing. We have 3 dps breaking 200k (2 of them just got their legendary cloaks after we finished our scheduled raids for the week) and the other 2 are ~175k I think. I don't know what is making us wipe, but it's getting old and we're working on fixing it.

However, what I was really meaning to ask and should have clarified more was, I want to know what I can do to re-gem or reforge to maximize my heals. For 10 man raids, I have 16k spirit, 18% crit, 50% mastery, and 22% haste, all unbuffed. Do I need to change my gems or reforge or what?

Deleted
    Slammin: are you dying to the damage that is going out, as in, the healing can't keep up with the pulsing aura, or is there another issue?

However we just keep wiping at around 15% when Gal comes down.
    Three things that could be wrong there:
    1. You're NOT handling the fireball correctly.
    2. You're handling it correctly but there's too little dps so the stacks get too high.
    3. You're handling it correctly but the healers aren't keeping up.

There are a few ways to handle the fireball.

1. Icy-Vein Tact: Have a melee and a range group. That way all melee soaks the ball and it will deal less damage on impact in range.
    2. Our tact: Just all stack on Galakras. When you get targeted run out. This is what worked for us. Stack, nuke, run out if you get targeted. Run back in.
    3. Fatboss tact: Make two groups. Left and right. Making a queueing system. If you're targeted run at the back of your queue depending if your in the left or right group.

Every tact has its up and downs. Experiment what works for your guild. But my guess is that you're letting the fireball hit the raid. If that happens when you have stacks from Pulsing Flames you will wipe. You need players to soak it on the way (it will deal less damage on impact) but only the targeted player should be hit by the fireball.

However, what I was really meaning to ask and should have clarified more was, I want to know what I can do to re-gem or reforge to maximize my heals. For 10 man raids, I have 16k spirit, 18% crit, 50% mastery, and 22% haste, all unbuffed. Do I need to change my gems or reforge or what?
    Your stats look fine. I play with spirit/haste build. Which isn't the most fun, but it does its job. If you're sitting at 22%, one option would be to go for the next breakpoint at 25% for the extra tick on riptide. Ideally as a troll you would want to reach around 35% (9100ish) rating for the extra HST tick. What's nice about that breakpoint is that when you use berserking racial you will hit 60% haste meaning 2 extra ticks on your HTT. Makes it a super OP to bind it together.

Depending on your team-setup. Mastery could be a decent stat or a bad stat. If you're running with priest or hpala. Mastery is useless. If you're running with other healers its a decent stat, but currently its prob your least favoured stat.

My suggestion would be to keep a decent amount of int/spirit, hit those haste breakpoints and then go crit.
    Last edited by Geekboy; 2013-10-20 at 01:12 PM.