SoO Heroic Kill Order

Hey all - was looking for a few opinions on which bosses are good early targets for heroic modes in SoO.

My guild only raids 6 hours per week (over 3 nights) - and whilst we're a pretty good bunch of raiders, the limited time is obviously our biggest factor. I'm pretty hopeful Garrosh will die this week - so am looking for suggestions for next week so that we can have some fun progression on heroic whilst also getting a bit more gear from normal. Anything else you want to know - just ask!

In the various other threads about this topic ive seen almost every possible order of the first 8 or so bosses given leading me to strongly believe that it really depends on the strengths and weaknesses of your raiders.

My guild has therefore elected to just do the bosses in their natural order we may be able to get a kill a little sooner by jumping around a little but going in order allows us to avoid killing bosses on normal that we would end up having time to work on that week due to a quick kill also it allows us to know when to cut off attempts to clear the rest of the instance because we don't have a heroic boss looming further in the instance that we've only killed once so far and is far from farm status.

for refrence we currently have the first 3 down and about 10 pulls of immer once your comfortable handeling adds and managing dots youll be fine 40ish on protectors lots of little things can mess this fight up but overall not bad 4 pulls on noura 2 of which we had DC players at execute phase, realy a simple boss tight enrage we found if you elect to bring 3 healers but totally doable disc priest going in at pull and dpsing the rest of the fight helped allot and we put an hour into sha so far and have had a 2% wipe, its a little hectic when you first look at it but once you pull it a couple times the fight realy slows down on you, pay attention to your timer bars theres alot of things that tempt you to want to move away from your group right when you need to be close to them.

10 or 25m? This is coming from a 10 man perspective.

Heroic Immers and Norushen are by far easier than normal Garrosh imo so those 2 should be pretty easy. We wiped over 40 times on normal Garrosh before we killed him, then our first attempt on Norushen, we got to 1% before berserk, killed him on 3rd attempt. Mechanics are almost exactly the same, if you have the gear, this kill should be no problem.

We've done the first 4 on 10 man, and I recommend just doing the fights in order. Protectors is harder than Norushen or Sha of Pride, but not by a whole lot.

This is from a 10 man perspective.

Thanks for the advice so far - it's good to know that it doesn't seem to be another ToT where JiKun/Iron Qon are way into the instance and substantially easier than the earlier heroics.

Deleted
    if you do the fights in order, the only one that seems to maybe pose a problem early is dark shamans, which you could skip and go nazgrim. for the most part, if you follow the natural order of the instance the fights scale up well

As my personal 10man experience, the difficulty of the bosses are close to this.

Immerseus = Fallen Protectors = Sha of Pride > Norushen = Galakras > Iron Juggernaut = General Nazgrim > Malkorok = Dark Shaman > Spoils > Thok > Siegecrafter > Paragons > Garrosh

Some bosses might be easier if e.g. your healers are stronger than DPS fights like Iron Juggernaut suddenly become easier while fights like Malkorok harder.

It's very linear, but some of the bosses are easier than the others. You'd probably wanna do Immerseus, Norushen, and Iron Jug for sure, as they don't take many attempts. From there consider mixing in the rest, Galakras is easy, but the issue is the fight takes about 10 minutes before the dragon actually lands, which you can wipe at the first few times if people don't know how to handle the mechanic, which can cause a lot of lost time.

IMO: Easiest to Hardest
    Nourshen > Nazgrim > Immerseus > Sha of Pride > Galakras > Iron Juggernaut > Dark Shamans > Fallen Protectors

First 4 are pretty much the same level. Different people feel differently about execution. But if you have sick geared dps, Norushen is no doubt the easiest one, cuz... god it's the first fight I've ever seen that is literally exactly the same as normal (after hotfix). I mean literally the same. We didn't do a single thing different than normal strat <.< Just burn harder.

I've seen several guilds skipping past Sha and going straight for galakras and Iron jug. Is this because Sha is a step up in difficulty from the first 3, gala and jugg? Im asking from a 25 man perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiez View Post
    I've seen several guilds skipping past Sha and going straight for galakras and Iron jug. Is this because Sha is a step up in difficulty from the first 3, gala and jugg? Im asking from a 25 man perspective.
    My experience 25-man in number of wipes for first kill:

Immerseus: 7
    Protectors: 21
    Norushen: 31
    Sha of Pride: 52
    Galakras: 23
    Iron Juggernaut: 9

We were more geared for Galakras since it was our 6th kill. Iron Juggernaut is not hard with the outrange strategy if you have the DPS to beat enrage.

Sha of Pride and Norushen can get really messy.

From my 25 man perspective, Galakras, Juggernaut, Dark Shamans and Nazgrim were easier than Sha of Pride, but we still did em in order
    Took us a complete night of progress +30 mins to kill Sha of Pride (30ish attempts), and we killed Galakras with 2 try and juggernaut with 4 try after that (with the same ilvl), Dark shaman took us 45 mins of progression on the next day (maybe 6 pull). We killed Nazgrim yesterday with only 5 attempts (with 5 ilvl more than Sha of Pride)

The first 8 bosses aren't anything too difficult. If you had to order them, I'd say post-fix Norushen -> Immerseus -> Protectors -> Iron Juggernaut -> Nazgrim -> Galakras -> Dark Shaman -> Sha of Pride.

Definitely appreciate the feedback, so far our progression/wipe attempts consist of

Immerseus-7
    Fallen Protectors-14
    Norushen-14

I think this week we are just going to skip out on Sha in order to maximize time allocated to downing Galakras, Jugg, Shamans and possibly Nazgrim as well as full clearing again on normal and coming back next with with a full lockout of better gear for Sha progression.

Definitely appreciate the feedback, so far our progression/wipe attempts consist of

Immerseus-7
    Fallen Protectors-14
    Norushen-14

I think this week we are just going to skip out on Sha in order to maximize time allocated to downing Galakras, Jugg, Shamans and possibly Nazgrim as well as full clearing again on normal and coming back next with with a full lockout of better gear for Sha progression.
    You should definitely come back to Sha later when you think you'll be able to down him and probably still have time left over to also get 1 or 2 of the easier bosses after him.

Deleted
    Mine guild is 25 man decent group of players but not something Imbah we do first 3 and Galakras Juggermaut needs some more healing but isnt hard boss overall

Above 8/14 is when it starts to feel heroic, where people being bad actually hurts you, you can't carry them like before in the first two wings. (25man)
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

How we have always done it is... The easiest boss for us on Normal to the hardest boss to kill on normal. Generally Heroic pans out to be close to that.

Basically put if you down Sha really easy and faster then other boss kills...I'd start there and so on so forth.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...