Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    I still refused to gear spirit... it felt too dirty.
    IIRC the entire T7 set (except for maybe one piece) had spirit on it.

@OP - What did your raid want to do, shard it? (I'm assuming no one else wanted it)

An upgrade is an upgrade. And there's this thing called reforging nowadays.

My disc priest still has DPS boots that have hit on them! (Dang RNG!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    i would never roll need on spirit gear, even if it gets dissed, i just feels like a useless item that i wana change on the first second i get.
    so id rater run around with some 543 parts then need on a spirit ring (well aside from the fact that there are enougth healers/shadows etc that need that sort of crap)

In the end if feel like dissing the item and creating gold for the guild bank (or mats for a usefull item) is way better.
    as long a stat is useless i don't wana use it (expect style gear)

Well good thing spirit gear is totaly useless nowadays :P and luckly blizzard decidided to add enougth offhands/weppons to not feel left out

For dps upgrade, from 496 to 540?553?572? i don't know that you raid, is probably a push even with the useless stat, so i woudn't think to much about it and just hope for a diffrent item soon. and just kinda stick with what you got.
    You realize that you can use the gear now, and then when you get a non-spirit item for that slot, DE it then and put it in the guild bank right?
    Last edited by jason1975; 2013-10-18 at 07:58 PM. Reason: I are goodz @ grammer
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

Deleted
    An upgrade is an upgrade. Spirit ring from ToES says hai

Deleted
    Don't take it over classes that actually get use from spirit.
    Do take it if you're certain it's an upgrade and the alternative is dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Don't take it over classes that actually get use from spirit.
    Do take it if you're certain it's an upgrade and the alternative is dust.
    ^This

When I was apping to the guild I'm currently in I had some really low ilvl boots and a far far higher ilvl boot dropped that was going to be de'd that had spirit on it and I took it.

You're only losing 60% of a secondary and the int gain alone *could* make up for that, the other 40% of spirit is being reforged and the other secondary is still useful. Int is worth a great deal so you should never ignore a 18 ilvl increase worth of int + other secondary + 40% of spirit reforged just because people are silly gooses.

There have been BiS or near BiS items so far every tier in MoP with spirit on them due to terrible itemization on a lot of caster gear, and that there are a lot of options on the spirit caster gear, namely stuff with mastery while many caster items do not have mastery .... so spirit / mastery is going to be a lot better than hit / crit for example for most warlocks (who have an excessive amount of hit already). Warlocks seem to get the shaft on gear choices / itemization on rings especially. This tier there's only one caster ring that has a gem socket at all, which every other class has 3, and the other caster rings with no sockets all have hit.

I used Seebo's Sainted Touch for 4 weeks while waiting to pick up tier gloves. The spirit is reforgable, so you're only losing 480 secondary stats after two upgrades.

Most of the spirit items in normal Siege will trump 535 Timeless gear; don't be afraid to let a warlock or mage pick them up if they would otherwise be disenchanted.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    That was the T7 4 set bonus wasn't it? Casting life tap gave you 300 spirit which fel armor converted to spellpower.
    Pretty sure it was Glyph of Life Tap, which gave you 30% of your spirit as spell power for 30 seconds.

edit: Further digging finds it was 20% for 40 seconds, but same concept.

http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=45785
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki