is lucian a good transition from jinx

hi all,

I got back into playing LoL again with this new jinx character. I really liked her and a had a lot of fun and I was wondering If I should try Lucian.

Anyway if you could give me some tips to play him and how he is countered that would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucian is a lot of fun, and since his recent buffs he's more reliable in lane. He has more mana regen for his ability use, which is key to playing him and it is harder to dodge his Q. You want to hit someone with an ability and follow up with a double shot from his passive. Level Q first, grab Bloodthirster and Triforce.

I personally prefer solo-laning with him, but feel he can now actually keep up in bot lane as well.

In my opinion, Lucian was a complete trash of a champion. Rarely do I see a good Lucian or a useful one at that. The only person i've seen that has used him well and has put him in an effective way is Imaqtpie but granted he is a pro player. Jinx on the other hand at the moment is really strong and as long as you get a little practice with her, she is very effective as an adc as opposed to lucian
    Try out new l2plol! http://l2plol.com
    Ask questions to players and get feedback from your peers!

Deleted
    Well i play Lucian alot and i can say his role is pretty unique

Stick with Jinx, Lucian and Sivir just got nerfs.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Stick with Jinx, Lucian and Sivir just got nerfs.
    Probably since Lucian was pretty ridiculous really. That and his nerfs are nowhere near groundbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Probably since Lucian was pretty ridiculous really. That and his nerfs are nowhere near groundbreaking.
    Slight nerf to damage and reduction of range on Q, Jinx remains stronger for now.

Yeah the nerf to Lucian was a pretty big one as you can no longer be safe to walk up and get the double AA. However he will still be strong if you're against another ADC who doesn't understand Lucian. So I expect him in low ELO to be very strong still and fall off a bit in high elo, but with a good support to zone out they can punish somebody for trying to last hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Slight nerf to damage and reduction of range on Q, Jinx remains stronger for now.
    Q was not reduced in range overall, just in cast range. The lazer will still go just as far. It actually makes it easier to cast and get your double AA, but the damage nerf does suck.

I still see Lucian remaining in the top three due to his mobility, but a few more ADCs may become playable now. That was the main issue that made the triad of Lucian, Jinx, and Sivir, you had to be able to fight Lucian.

Lucian is still quite strong, the Q and his passive are just godly. Jinx is very strong though, with that passive rolling... insane.

Deleted
    If you managed to type that post without help you're overqualified to play Lucian

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    If you managed to type that post without help you're overqualified to play Lucian
    Who me Alaitoc?

I haven't been keeping up on ADC action lately, what is the preferred build for Lucian?

10+ Year Old Account
    BT / TF / LW / Def Item tends to be the more common build.

I prefer BT / YG / LW / Def / Zephyr - YG synchs up fantastically with his ultimate.

10+ Year Old Account
    My last Lucian game I hit a true full build. I replaced my boots with Zephyr, so just ignore that and build the rest.

IIRC, I build Triforce first, then BT, PD, GA, LW, and lastly Zephyr since I was rolling in gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really disagree with that build. Mostly due to PD, which is really wasted alongside Triforce. IE would've done you much better if you wanted a more traditional build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I know I didn't want a traditional build, since Lucian does exceptionally well with Triforce. Is there a better item than PD in a Triforce build? Maybe. I felt like I needed an AS item to synergize with his ult and PD fit the bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

IE adds the multipliers on crits. PD offers nothing you really want, as Lucian scales way harder with AD and you already have crit + movespeed in TF.

His ult actually scales harder with AD than AS, which is often misunderstood.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2013-12-15 at 10:21 AM.

Yep, right now the best 3 adc are Sivir, Jinx, Lucian, Lucian is just similar playstyle just like Jinx (they both caster adc) but he have a escape ability.

Will be missed ~