Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No. Maybe for a pug Flex group.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I found flex fun. Nice to get the achievement mount this early.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just helped one of the worst flex raids ive ever seen 3 shot paragons. The flex raid is a joke if you actually understand mechanics and how to execute them.

The hardest part in flex Blackfuse is getting off the conveyer belt, on paragons it´s getting all the dps focussing on the same target. Both encounteres are REALLY undertuned. Garrosh is okay, i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If you think thats difficult I should introduce you to H 25 Blackfuse. Then you can see the real definition of difficult.
    Completely off topic?

OT: As people learn these fights they will start to fall over faceroll style just like normals do for the normal raiders and how LFR does for LFR groups after a few weeks of practice. (Not meant to stir up LFR quality raid debates.)
    Flex has actually turned out to be tuned quite well in my opinion. With quality players who know the fights, even in mediocre gear, it is quite easy. If you have new people to the raid or have a few carries, it will take some progression. But that is what and who it is intended for.

I think Flex has added much more to WoW than LFR ever did. Its a far better training wheel tool for normal mode raiders.

Deleted
    Solotanked Garrosh as the OT got wrecked every time he tried to tank.. It doesnt feel really puggable as of now, too many "do it 100% right or it kills the raid" mechanics.

Garrosh seems too hard for people that content is meant for - at least that was my impression.

I got an Oqueue raid for flex4 last night with a min Ilvl of 530 we steam rolled thru the whole thing, we wiped once on Garrosh. We didn't use vent or voicechat and only 2 or 3 of us knew the fights from normal mode. If anything its a bit to easy.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it yesterday, was a complete joke. Only 3/10 of the flex group I did it with knew the fight, took us all of 5 attempts to kill it(the first wipe was entirely my fault for forgetting to assign a person to kill the siege engineer). For competent players it is absolutely not too difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Now a question. The scaling in flex has been a little weird for what I've experienced. One time I did spoils with 10 or 11 people and there was enough damage for 100k hps. I did it again but with 17 or so people and there was barely enough damage for 50k.
    Was the first group just standing in the bads, or is there another reason for this?
    #hijakthread
    It might have been that in the first week the sparks from the Urns were bugged and had something like 8 mil hp for our 15 man flex raid (which is about 5 times the amount they have on normal 10). Sparks do aoe damage so that may have been it?

Now a question. The scaling in flex has been a little weird for what I've experienced. One time I did spoils with 10 or 11 people and there was enough damage for 100k hps. I did it again but with 17 or so people and there was barely enough damage for 50k.
    Was the first group just standing in the bads, or is there another reason for this?
    It's the same in normal or even heroic, there isn't much damage going on in this fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that could cause the intense difficulty you're talking about would be bad tanking.

I'd look at your tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacHawke View Post
    It might be easier for you, who defeat those bosses on normal/heroic difficulty, but for buddies I invited. This boss is just too complex for them who never have a chance to entered any normal/heroic raids after they subscribed this game. We can defeat wing 2 and 3 in less than 3 wipes (because their mechanism is far simpler than Blackfuse's). We do not suck.
    Think again.

Flex isn't meant for the instant gratification crowd. It's still piss easy though. If you give up after 3-5 wipes PVE in this game is not for you.

Especially Blackfuse is a joke. As long as you have 2 DPS that can do the belt, you should have no issues with it at all.

Did it with mostly alts and socials from the guild (hardly anyone able to carry the group besides 2 main healers) and rest pugs the other day. At least half of the group had not seen the fights before. Yet we oneshot all 3. Didn't really explain anything.

If people don't have shit gear, know what buttons to click and read up on the fights beforehand you shouldn't run into many issues.

Follow this template for Garrosh (stole it from my raid leader in flex) https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...ty73wM2Zk/edit

I think Garrosh was tuned up a bit harder than I thought it would be, but it's definitely do-able fairly easily in a guild group. PUGs are another matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know if its hard, went there last night with 14 people and 9 of those had never done any of the encounters before. killed blackfuse 2nd try paragons first try, and then spent and hour and 30 mins to kill Garrosh. i should underline though one of the tanks knew the fight and guided the rest of the group through it

I think the tuning is fine. It is not pug-friendly, but that's not really the audience, and in any case I think pug success rates will improve in the coming weeks.

Some people of course got lucky and had 5 wipes give or take to finish. I'm sure many of those groups happened to be composed mostly of people on their mains who had done the fights in normal. A pug with a less distinguished pedigree is going to need lots of explanations, it's going to wipe a lot, and it may not even get anywhere.

I went through three different pug groups to get down Blackfuse; the first two fell apart without a kill. Paragons down in about 5 wipes. Garrosh: 16 wipes, 2 pug groups, still no kill. In every case the groups I was in were totally new to the fights, save 1 or 2 people on alts who had done them on their mains.

The hardest part,or most time-consuming at least, is the "unstickiness" of pugs. Invariably, someone ditches after a couple or three wipes, a replacement must be brought in, the fight must be explained all over again, etc. Worse for healers and it's usually a crippling blow if a tank quits. But that's the life of pugs I guess. (Dear Blizzard: fix the tanking situation in this game, idc how you do it, but it is so tiring to wait half an hour or more to find that second tank no matter what you're doing in the game, as the list of DPS waiting to get in keeps piling up...)

EDIT: I guess I should point out I'm less enthusiastic about W4 than the other three. Each time after completing wings 1-3 for the first time, I was stunned by how perfectly tuned they were. As for W4, I can only somewhat grudgingly accept that the tuning is "fine" for the position it occupies in MOP raids. Bottom line is, some players/guilds/groups are going to be excluded out of this wing for the first weeks at least... Which I guess delivers on the goal of seeing a new boss per week.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-10-21 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's brainlessly easy, but it's still a challenge for casuals, casuals must seriously get a brain and stop complaining.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    It's brainlessly easy, but it's still a challenge for casuals, casuals must seriously get a brain and stop complaining.
    So Flex now gets lumped together with LFR ...

I swear people like you are just hipsters in disguise. OMG Flex is mainstream now, it's totally for losers only.