Poll: How has connected realms affected you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    The problem is they aren't addressing the real issues (yet). Merging two dead realms gives you a marginally less dead realm, but still a realm people don't want to be on. Part of the main issue is that other than the big 10 "mega-servers" (Illidan and the like), everything else is "dead". I've seen people say their server is dead when according to Wowprogress it's Top 50 US and has like 3k+ guilds, because it's not 10k+ like Illidan.

The other thing is that they aren't even bothering to address faction imbalance, just creating more of it. Merging two Horde-heavy servers might help Horde, but it's not helping Alliance.
    I think they are slowing starting to consider faction balances (though they say first several are tests to make sure things won't break). As my original realm Detheroc (Horde based) is getting merged with Dethecus and between the two of us should put both sides on more equal population sides. I've moved my main to Blackrock since ToT and wanting to move it back so hoping the merge does decently. Though makes our realm go from being dead to barely alive.

Which in my case it's not a matter of my realm having like 3k raiding guilds and not 10k. Think our server has like maybe 3 according to wow progress? 12/14, 6/14 and 4/14 progress wise.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    It has not affected my REALM directly, however since they started joining other realms I have experienced more game client crashes, some of them bad enough they locked up my relatively top end computer. I will get a brief lock screen every time someone from another server joins, leaves, or dies in an LFR or Flex group and it is getting very annoying. Honestly if I wanted high pop I would fork out the 35 bucks and move my guild again.
    Don't think that's related to Connected Realms and more something in 5.4. I've experienced it on three different computers whether fighting on Timeless Isle, LFR, Scenario or Dungeon or even solo'ing a raid. It'll lock up once in awhile for about 5-10 seconds and is quite annoying.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-10-24 at 02:14 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    added the next round of EU realms to be merged next week.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope my server gets merged only because I'd like the extra character slots

I don't think it will happen any time soon though, US-Whisperwind is pretty healthy already.