Poll: How has connected realms affected you?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Connected Realms

I play on a large realm that wont' be on the list for combining with any other realms for a long time. I did used to play on some very low pop realms so I'm wondering how its going. Does anyone play on the realms that have been combined so far? What has changed? Goods, Bads, etcs? I'm just curious for people who have actually been apart of this new trial system and how you think about it.

How has it affected your AH, raid competition, pugs, pvp, etc. The more insight you can give the rest of us, the better you may assuage the concerns of players on realms to be combined.

Obviously if you don't play on a realm that's been combined then what are you curious about the goings on the combined realm? This would be potentially useful for players on a realm that may be combined in the future.

US Realms:
    •Boulderfist and Bloodscalp and Maiev and Dunemaul
    •Skullcrusher and Black Dragonflight
    •Burning Blade and Onyxia
    •Garithos and Chromaggus
    •Dalvengyr and Dark Iron
    •Gurubashi and Aegwynn and Hakkar
    •Balnazzar and Warsong
    •Dethecus and Detheroc
    •Auchindoun and Laughing Skull
    •Rivendare and Firetree

EU Realms:
    •Hakkar and Emeriss
    •Taerar and Echsenkessel
    •Burning Steppes and Kor’gall
    •Theradras and Dethecus
    •Mug’thol and Dethecus/Theradras
    •Temple Noir and Naxxramas
    •Crushridge and Emeriss/Hakkar
    •Sporeggar and Scarshield Legion
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2013-10-25 at 01:38 PM. Reason: updated realm list
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm wondering is those servers that are 1 faction side dominated. My main server is an Alliance dominated server while the Horde side is so desolate. The AH on the Alliance side is great but on the Horde side it sucks. I actually had to server transfer my Horde toon just to be able to get gems and enchants at a reasonable price, in fact ANYTHING at a reasonable price on the AH.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for it to actually happen with my realm.
    I'm kinda disappointed with the speed it's being activated. Initial announcement gave me impression that it would happen soon after 5.4 - and I hoped that we'd actually have people on my realm...
    But with current progress my only hope is that it will at least be global-ish before next expansion.
    Old Gods made me do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celawien View Post
    What I'm wondering is those servers that are 1 faction side dominated. My main server is an Alliance dominated server while the Horde side is so desolate. The AH on the Alliance side is great but on the Horde side it sucks. I actually had to server transfer my Horde toon just to be able to get gems and enchants at a reasonable price, in fact ANYTHING at a reasonable price on the AH.
    Like Illidan which is like 93.2% horde I have seen 1 alliance person in the duration I have played there. I feel sorry for the people who get merged with us.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Like Illidan which is like 93.2% horde I have seen 1 alliance person in the duration I have played there. I feel sorry for the people who get merged with us.
    Heh funny that's where I transfered my Horde toon to. I think in the 3-4 months I've been there I've seen maybe 2-3 Alliance.

The problem is they aren't addressing the real issues (yet). Merging two dead realms gives you a marginally less dead realm, but still a realm people don't want to be on. Part of the main issue is that other than the big 10 "mega-servers" (Illidan and the like), everything else is "dead". I've seen people say their server is dead when according to Wowprogress it's Top 50 US and has like 3k+ guilds, because it's not 10k+ like Illidan.

The other thing is that they aren't even bothering to address faction imbalance, just creating more of it. Merging two Horde-heavy servers might help Horde, but it's not helping Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celawien View Post
    Heh funny that's where I transfered my Horde toon to. I think in the 3-4 months I've been there I've seen maybe 2-3 Alliance.
    I've been there since Cata and still only seen a handful of them. Also, should have included a Mu realm has yet to be connected. Just saw my other Server is being connected to Gurubashi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    The other thing is that they aren't even bothering to address faction imbalance, just creating more of it. Merging two Horde-heavy servers might help Horde, but it's not helping Alliance.
    Well I think the reason for this is if its a PVE server then Blizz can assume people didn't choose that realm for its World PvP, since that's all that's different in PvE vs PvP. If World PvP doesn't matter than faction balance doesn't matter. Blizz then wants to help the majority of the players on the realm, and if that's 95% one faction then they should combine it with another realm that's 95% of the same faction. If you combine a 95% Alliance realm with a 95% Horde realm that are both PvE then the players on that realm will never see a difference, Org/SW/Shrine wont gain anyone noticeable because the overall population gain is in a different area.

I think doing it this way is the best. If they wanted to combine an Alliance dominated realm with a Horde dominated realm, then both realms would have to be at a comfortable population inside of each faction since there wont' be as noticeable change in the main cities. This should only be done as a final result to downsize.

10+ Year Old Account
    I updated the realm list with all those combined, anyone on these realms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh they'd have to merge at least 50-100 of the dead servers for it to become even med pop

Im on one of the Next realm realms to get er merge, but i was thinking -

if they merge a realm with high horde population with a realm with high alliance population, then the factions would balance, but not much differece for ur faction

but if its High horde population with high horde population, then if ur on a low alliance realm, then u will stay in a bad situation, just a little less bad pve wise and still as bad balance wise

comeoncomeoncomeon... need this to happen to Dragonmaw, like.. yesterday.
    cant wait
    I like my coffe like my mages.

I play on Zul'jin, and its heavy on the horde side.. although we haven't had the connection yet, I really hope they match us up with a heavily populated alliance realm. I have a couple alliance toons, and its very difficult to do much of anything because of the lack of people to do it with.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I also have toons on Aegwynn and we were merged with Gurubashi a few days ago. So far I have seen like 2 of them and been told there was only like 20 active alliance. Haven't logged in since last night when they merged Hakkar with us so maybe that will help.

I'm on Detheroc so mine gets connected today, but my hopes aren't high unless they add more servers to us. Even combined, Detheroc and Dethecus have maybe a fifth of the population of a good server, and they're both Horde favored so I still won't have many Alliance to kill. Besides, I have a feeling that most serious players transferred off of these dead realms long ago, so even if they do eventually have respectable populations, they probably still won't be as hardcore.

It has not affected my REALM directly, however since they started joining other realms I have experienced more game client crashes, some of them bad enough they locked up my relatively top end computer. I will get a brief lock screen every time someone from another server joins, leaves, or dies in an LFR or Flex group and it is getting very annoying. Honestly if I wanted high pop I would fork out the 35 bucks and move my guild again.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Well I don't think servers like zuljin will see a merge. I think this is to bring servers with like 4k or less pop together which isn't you guys. And to be fair, I was on Zul'jin alliance in Cata. What killed it were all the frenchies who never spoke to anyone outside their little circle. So chats were almost non existent despite having an 11k alliance population.

But I'm on Skullcrusher and chat has gotten livelier, I'm quite social with some of the BDF people, our AH isn't slow like Mayberry anymore. It's nicer. But it wouldn't shock me if the put another server or two in there with us. Combined we maybe make a 5500 player base according to wow progress.

The other thing is... Pvp servers are horde dominant very strongly while pve servers are very alliance heavy. You rent going to merge pvp with pve so there will always be that imbalance.
    Last edited by Xenyatta; 2013-10-24 at 02:01 PM.

I'm on Black Dragonflight, seems to be a bit better. I haven't played all that much, but at least there's people talking in trade chat now which is more than we had before haha. I'd say it was positive overall, hoping they add Fizzcrank to another realm soon, since that's the other realm I mainly play on. I don't see any negative at all yet to be honest.

Deleted
    Not going to happen on my server, but it will help a lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my realm is always locked, but doesnt mean a rly low realm wont join in so their realm will be busy again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?