[Demo] bad in pvp ???

I dont see any demo players reaching 2.3k+ while is 70% of the locks above 2.3k affliction and the others are destro.

Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    I dont see any demo players reaching 2.3k+ while is 70% of the locks above 2.3k affliction and the others are destro.
    Affliction is much better suited to arenas because you can throw out your powerful dots and still pillar hump and kite. Destro is ok, better than demo but it's damn near impossible to get out a chaos bolt against a team that has a pulse.

Demo doesn't have the burst required AND if you have to pillar hump your damage is crap. The best way to play demo in PVP right now (IMHO) is to use the DA glyph and stay in DA form the entire time (unless you can get out in the open and can generate some fury quickly for a meta burst phase which is rare). This turns you into a wet noodle in terms of DPS but you become a very hard to kill CC/utility role instead of lead dps. So demo can't really be relied upon for high level arena matches unless the team is balanced around using you that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I checked Demo couldn't put out any pressure without CD and that was before the nurf. It would also be a little weird if Warlocks had 3 performing roughly the same in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

Deleted
    its a casting issue I think.. the days of casting stuff in pvp are long gone.. with aff you just spread aids everywhere and run away... and in pvp most melee now will sit on a casters face (especially warriors on locks ;p) meaning you cant cast shit all against good players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    meaning you cant cast shit all against good players.
    Well there is something called fake casting.
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Interception...

Quote Originally Posted by arioc View Post
    That is rendered mostly useless because of the amounts of CCs in the game. And the fact Demo casted spells don't do much anyway.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the spec right now. Non-burst pressure doesn't exist, and the burst doesn't make up for it like it did in 5.0. I wish they would buff Chaos Wave back up to where it was, making it behave like Chaos Bolt if crits are such a huge issue.

Edit: Oh, and ffs buff the imps back up. I don't understand why that was necessary when they nerfed UVLS at the same time.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    That is rendered mostly useless because of the amounts of CCs in the game. And the fact Demo casted spells don't do much anyway.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the spec right now. Non-burst pressure doesn't exist, and the burst doesn't make up for it like it did in 5.0. I wish they would buff Chaos Wave back up to where it was, making it behave like Chaos Bolt if crits are such a huge issue.

Edit: Oh, and ffs buff the imps back up. I don't understand why that was necessary when they nerfed UVLS at the same time.
    Well he isn't referring to Demo casting but casting in general, affliction also has to cast unstable affliction to build up pressure.
    Interception...

So demo is bad :/, what about afflicition is it fun in pvp i see that it is one of the strongest pvp specs in the game but is it fun ?? I main lock in pve but now with season catch and more time i can play more pvp. I reached 2k+ before with different classes but never with my pve main.

Anyone who still bleats on about "juking" honestly needs to look at game mechanics and wake up to the fact its not pre wotlk anymore. Against a double melee comp with the standard warrior + xxxx you have 2x interrupts on short CD, about 4-5 casting prevention CC's from the warrior alone, another 2-4 from other melee. You *really* think you are getting a cast off? Not to mention healer CC's, interrupts, hunter FD/priest fade, or aoe spell reflects from the warrior. Note that most of those...really almost all of them, work through unending resolve. Unless they make UR a CC immunity for 8 sec (maybe like glyphd pillar of frost) its just not any real help. Last I checked interrupts do not DR like other forms of CC.

Thus you never get a CB (w' CD's) off vs a team of similar MMR and probably not one off at all even though without CD's it hits for jack all nothing. Plus destro now ooms itself in 5x fel flame casts and casting incinerate isn't happening much either simply because melee have so many anti casting tools they can do it even vs non critical spells. In other words they can stop damage in fire, fear in shadow, and still be beating the snot out of you in the meantime.

Demo has no spread pressure....doom will be dispelled 2x before it even ticks and corruption ticks for about 1800-2K in pvp gear vs pvp gear. The wrathguard isn't any significant damage or pressure to any spec of any class...he does maybe 1/4 of a BM pet. Demo can reliably burst the double chaoswave w' all CD's but the highest crit I ever tested (in rated pvp no kotomungo/zerker/etc) was about 70K crit chaoswave. Forging mast > crit > haste you have 15%'ish crit rate so the odds of a double crit are under 2%. ToC hits maybe 15% harder than fel flame. Thus you lack the burst to kill anything (even from half HP) and the pressure to rot anything. The increased fel flame cost means you will do more damage to yourself via lifetapping FF's cost back than you do in FF damage to the target.

This leaves locks with aff and only aff. It basically gets to blow CD's SB:SS dots to something, SS them around, and CC what it can and hope that is enough pressure to rot the team somewhat while their partner does the heavy lifting in terms of scoring a kill. Without CD's aff's dots are healed with passives at least at the 496'ish level. As healer spells have a higher coef than aff's dots I doubt its changing between 496 and 522ilvls too significantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arioc View Post
    nope them days r gone... like mentioned theres just too many ways now to interrupt a cast of any kind.. ive even tried doing rain of fire to get fire locked and then soon as I cast UA which is a 0.9 second cast for me I get locked again, trying to cast fear is a bad enough too.. 1700 rating upwards players are clever.. warriors are just a nightmare for a lock.. so I don't cast shit all now, just spread aids and get the fuck away lol

I'll have to try Demo out again in some pvp situations.. I switched to destro/affli as soon as I saw that imp nerf