Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Time to start wondering what's gonna happen with LoL. Once people are able to pit characters like Arthas and Illidan Vs Diablo and Tyreal vs Kerrigan and Jim Raynor.
    I would expect some to come over just because of the less "fanservice" in the playable characters, assuming Alexstrasza and Sylvanas are not playable. And if they are, they'll probably come over anyways.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Don't do it F2P please. Do it cheap or atleast make it available for who have one blizzard game. But not free.

Maybe Blizzard is able to do what riot and valve couldn't. Pull me into a moba game. Only the fact that I can maybe play a zerathul vs arthas makes me so god damn horny. But we will see when there is more info. But Carbot delivers and makes me hyped for it already

Well, now we know what Heroes of the Storm is, even more expansion mystery!

Looking forward to hearing more of this. Never been a fan of MOBA games cuz of a fear for the community and all the stuff you'd have to learn. Gonna be nice to see if this can pull me into the MOBA gaming, like Hearthstone got me into CCG's.

I wish it wasn't a moba, I think a game similar to super smash bros would have been awesome. I will definitely try it out though, I have always loved a lot of the blizzard characters. I hope there is a lost vikings character where you play as all 3 at the same time haha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    I love the guy who was 110% certain it was the next wow expac as the dark below could never be in his eyes. guess he's crying in a corner now gogo blizzcon and dark below news alreadyyyyyy, where are the leaks this year?
    Lmao! I was just thinking that, only reason I even clicked on this link. I was hoping to see a tail between the legs comment like 'So....I was wrong, buuuuut...' lol.
    Really looking good for 'The Dark Below'. Can't wait for Blizzcon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude
    DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

Best news all week! I've been eagerly awaiting Blizzard DotA for over 4 years now!!
    Can't wait to see what Blizzard brings to the Moba scene, DotA 2 is fun but nothing comes close to the lore attached to Blizzard characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I would expect some to come over just because of the less "fanservice" in the playable characters, assuming Alexstrasza and Sylvanas are not playable. And if they are, they'll probably come over anyways.
    sylvanas was a playable character shown early on i think
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I know that the video may not be how the game is going to look, but that looks very, very childish. Is Blizzard undermining its games in order to attract a younger audience?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who was the guy saying "You're JUST A HATER IN DENIAL if you think Heroes of the Storm ISN'T the next WoW expansion!!"

Yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crymeriver View Post
    Don't do it F2P please. Do it cheap or atleast make it available for who have one blizzard game. But not free.
    They would probably have to make it F2P if they want any hope of challenging Valve and Riot Games. That was one of the reasons why SC2 shrunk as an e-sport, due to needing to pay for it and attach it to a battle.net account.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    I know that the video may not be how the game is going to look, but that looks very, very childish. Is Blizzard undermining its games in order to attract a younger audience?
    It's a fan-made video.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

its a game where characters from different universe are shoved together and forced to smack each other.

if you dont go into it with a silly comic booky cartoony feel to its premise you arent really doing it right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    They would probably have to make it F2P if they want any hope of challenging Valve and Riot Games. That was one of the reasons why SC2 shrunk as an e-sport, due to needing to pay for it and attach it to a battle.net account.

It's a fan-made video.
    he got paid to make it so its not really fan made.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not, all they gotta do is copy the league of legends model and they are golden
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...seriously

And LoL features characters like Tristana and Lulu and Veigar and Fizz and Amumu... obviously, the only reason they would include champions like these is to try to rope in the seven-year-olds, right?

A sad day when people on the internet confuse "fun and lighthearted" with "catering solely to children."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Just gonna say this, if they show us a HD Cinematic on Heroes of the Storm of major characters from each games fighting each other, I might need diapers..

Imagine Kerrigan vs Illidan vs Malathael
    Last edited by mmoc10bda09cc4; 2013-10-18 at 07:08 AM.

F2P would be the only way to do a MOBA nowadays with DOTA 2 and League

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolcraft View Post
    F2P would be the only way to do a MOBA nowadays with DOTA 2 and League
    IIRC, Heroes of Newerth was originally P2P, but that didn't work out.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

now just give me a mode like footmen frenzy, or a tower defense wars like wintermaul wars and i'll be happy. couldn't give a rats ass about yet another dota rip-off

Quote Originally Posted by Meintastic View Post
    now just give me a mode like footmen frenzy, or a tower defense wars like wintermaul wars and i'll be happy. couldn't give a rats ass about yet another dota rip-off
    I agree. Blizzard needs to do something different to appeal to non blizzard fans who already have a favorite game like dota or league. I really think the answer is having multiple types of game modes. Moba, arena, tower wars and frenzy would be the best thing ever.

This is likely F2P. It's the business model for Dota audience.