Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

How successful would you think Heroes of the Storm be?

I mean we already have 3 famous moba competitors; lol,hon and dota with lol having the most audience. So would you think that blizzard might stand a chance against them and attract more players or not? Let the speculation begin. But I'd say that they have to introduce something that the other 3 MOBA's don't have in order for them to attract more people to their game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest factor is that it will draw in from all 3 audiences of their current games. I mean if you can still play arthas and illidan etc, characters that people love in WoW lore they may want to play. I know I'll be playing.

Same with SC2 and D3. Their biggest gain will be crossing audiences over. And possibly drawing in new customers from outside the blizzard world, which of course could give their other games exposure too.

Honest aside from people playing for reasons like Vyn posted above. I don't see league players jumping ship for Heroes.

Riot has done a fantastic job of getting players (myself) INVESTED in the game. Both in timed spent playing, and getting the individual involved in the Esports aspect of the game. People will still want to cheer for their team in the LCS and worlds (TSM TSM TSM XDDD).

I think it COULD be Successful if Blizzard took the same initiative that Riot did in making it a production for the players. But I mean.. well look at how they handle arena. Yeah there is a few player hosted tournies, but you don't see blizzard hieing commentators, directors, player housing ect.

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll play it. I'm not super competitive in DOTA 2 or LOL. I like the idea of playing Blizz lore characters and it'll be easier to play with my friends I already hang out with.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Honest aside from people playing for reasons like Vyn posted above. I don't see league players jumping ship for Heroes.

Riot has done a fantastic job of getting players (myself) INVESTED in the game. Both in timed spent playing, and getting the individual involved in the Esports aspect of the game. People will still want to cheer for their team in the LCS and worlds (TSM TSM TSM XDDD).

I think it COULD be Successful if Blizzard took the same initiative that Riot did in making it a production for the players. But I mean.. well look at how they handle arena. Yeah there is a few player hosted tournies, but you don't see blizzard hieing commentators, directors, player housing ect.
    You mean Production for the MLG. LoL is all about MLG, they've done little to nothing to make the game better for the non-sponsored player.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You mean Production for the MLG. LoL is all about MLG, they've done little to nothing to make the game better for the non-sponsored player.
    Isn't that what I said?

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

I barely know anything about MOBAs (I have never tried LoL or DOTA or anything like that) but I might check out Heroes of the Storm, if it's going to be f2p or whatever. I'd probably suck at it, but I would definitely try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Mobas but I'll play it if their is a guy/class similar to Warrior in WoW. And when I mean similar I mean really similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I barely know anything about MOBAs (I have never tried LoL or DOTA or anything like that) but I might check out Heroes of the Storm, if it's going to be f2p or whatever. I'd probably suck at it, but I would definitely try it.
    Basically my thoughts. I don't even hate admitting that simply because something is made by Blizzard, I'm just that much more likely to try it. It just happened with Hearthstone which is one of my top games in a very long time, so I don't really mind my somewhat indirect blind fanboyism.

Basically if it's made by Blizzard, chances are it will be successful. The fact that it has potential to attract a vast amount of audiences is also a good thing, but so far we don't really know anything about the game. Have to wait until Blizzcon until we can even begin to form an opinion on the game.

Deleted
    they are just delivers the game that many Blizzard fans plays or at least tired(MOBA). so imo it will have huge audience from the beginning and Blizzard have a lot of money and other resources and know-how to fight with LoL

its not about game mechanics, graphic or sth like that its simple marketing. Blizzard is able to eat and shit Riot Games if they want :P
    Last edited by mmoc9f96497ef5; 2013-10-18 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I think the biggest factor is that it will draw in from all 3 audiences of their current games. I mean if you can still play arthas and illidan etc, characters that people love in WoW lore they may want to play. I know I'll be playing.

Same with SC2 and D3. Their biggest gain will be crossing audiences over. And possibly drawing in new customers from outside the blizzard world, which of course could give their other games exposure too.
    These...

But in general, IMO the game will be popular but never as popular as LoL or Dota 2...

Deleted
    it's a Blizzard game, of course it will be a major success

Deleted
    i've never played any game like this but if i ever will it will be this one.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it's a Blizzard game, of course it will be a major success
    Let's just hope there wont be an error 37.

SC is a big name RTS, WoW was build on another big franchise and was a revolution of sorts for MMOs, Diablo is also "the" ARPG. Hearthstone is build on Warcraft too, and there's no other quick, online and free CCG around. But unless Heroes of the Storm has some ace or trick up it's sleeve, it's coming to a market where LoL, and DOTA 2 somewhat is already the big names. There's some big and current in that market already, where Blizzard other things were the classic of those games.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be tough for people to jump ship, for the ssame reasons a lot of mmo's struggle. People are too invested in time and effort into one game that without playing both, it'll usually boil down to the first one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how it works out, but blizzard is known for making of the best games ever, It can easily beat LoL and Dota if blizzard does it right, and if it has WoW/Starcraft themed heroes or w/e in it, that will also give them some WoW fans.

It can be big =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    SC is a big name RTS, WoW was build on another big franchise and was a revolution of sorts for MMOs, Diablo is also "the" ARPG. Hearthstone is build on Warcraft too, and there's no other quick, online and free CCG around. But unless Heroes of the Storm has some ace or trick up it's sleeve, it's coming to a market where LoL, and DOTA 2 somewhat is already the big names. There's some big and current in that market already, where Blizzard other things were the classic of those games.
    its not the matter if there are good products in that market.the matter is that there are no big companies on this market .Activision Blizzard is simply more powerful than Riot Games or Velve so they can offer better conditions of partnership for sponsors, higher prizepool on tournaments, more ads, etc. etc.

and btw. MOBA have roots in Blizzard games(dota was wc3 mod) :P

It's safe to say Heroes of the Storm will be a success for them, but if you think it will topple League or DOTA 2, you're kidding yourself. Even Blizzard isn't aiming for those heights. They'll carve out their own little niche corner and polish their game to near perfection and it will be enjoyable for the audience they intend it to garner.

I'd consider it being more on-par with the 'casual' MOBA alternatives, like SMITE.

Well Blizzard just entered the Card game market and so far it's doing well for them, even in beta.
    I have high hope that this DotA game will follow such, even though I really don't like dota games.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing