Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will be successful because of the same reasons Hearthstone was successful. Great marketing. There's a reason they gave beta keys to people like Reckful early on. He has a very big fanbase and he can enjoy games without constantly bitching about another game of the same genre. He will hype it up alot and then people like Sodapopping/Azael/Snutz will follow with their fanbases. Then you obviously have Kripparrian who is a huge WarCraft fan and has his own fanbase on the ARPG scene.

Just with those streamers the game will gain alot of viewers and fans very early on just like Hearthstone did. Heroes of the Storm will be a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Genuinely can't understand why anyone would play LoL over DotA 2, but assuming HotSt would be based on DotA mechanics I could see it being relatively successful, largely because it's backed by nostalgia for the original DotA mod as well as it being a Blizzard product.
    Well LoL is more friendly to new players, also is easier to play and the matches in LoL are 20 or 30 mins long, in DotA they are 40 to 60 mins long...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    i think it will be a success. It will replace LoL.

Will this game be stand-alone or a mod in SC2?
    Stand-alone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Much like Hearthstone, its not really built to dominate the market like WoW or SC2 does (well, atleast I would think so). Its just a fun side thing. Its not gonna be as competitive or have as many players as Dota 2 or LoL, but it will be a fun thing for current Blizzard players to play for a bit. I for one will definitely play it a bit, but it is highly unlikely that it will replace LoL for me. It will just be fun to see a Blizzard spin on such a popular Genre.
    Is not the same, HS doesn't really have anyone to compete with, so it will dominate the market, and HoTs will be competitive but Blizzard is trying to make it competitive against 2 teams, and get rid of the problem that all people have inside their team because someone stole 1 kill, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Then it will come down to leaving unintended behaviors in the game like how in Melee (Wavedashing), which could be compared to DOTA, and it's still played competitively. Brawl fixed most of those behaviors, but sees little competitive play.

Also as I mentioned in another topic on Heroes, there may be people coming over to get away from the stripperific female characters in League and DOTA, although DOTA is a bit better in terms of having less fanservice. Then again, with Alexstrasza and Sylvanas being Blizzard characters, and Sylvy probably being in the game...
    Yes, she is in the game, she will be in her live and undead form... (here the picture with another 3 champions):