Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Gateway is still despawning at a relatively small distance

If i recall correctly, Blizzard removed the despawn range to make it more viable in battlegrounds and huge boss rooms...
    Sooo... whats up with that? The same thing happened in ToT and was fixed shortly after.

Surely it wouldn't be too much to ask for, right?

I've had to recast on Thok and Garrosh which is more than slightly annoying. Have it despawn in BG's if you want but leave it alone in raids imo..

Deleted
    on thok always frustrated as it keeps despawning since you have to be in range of each portal independently rather than just one s.s

I don't really understand blizzard sometimes, if they think its too much of an advantage for us to have portals to make certain raid mechanics easier, then just don't let us cast portals in raids. If they do allow us, then fix this shit, its already more than month since SoO release, and this bug still live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    I don't really understand blizzard sometimes, if they think its too much of an advantage for us to have portals to make certain raid mechanics easier, then just don't let us cast portals in raids. If they do allow us, then fix this shit, its already more than month since SoO release, and this bug still live.
    Maybe the bug needs more visibility, so keep this thread up and report the bug ingame or something.

Deleted
    yeah, its quite annoying that it keeps despawning at a relatively short distance bcoz it makes the gateway next to pointless to use, i atleast have stopped using it all together now, i dont see the point anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andarius View Post
    Maybe the bug needs more visibility, so keep this thread up and report the bug ingame or something.
    Exactly, don't expect Blizzard to find every bug on their own. If we don't let them know, the chances of having it fixed will be greatly reduced.
    It might be wise to make a thread on the official forums if there isn't one already, report the bug in game or to simply let them know on twitter.

We had to modify our positioning on H.siegecrafter since lock portals despawned through our normal movement. They still can if a lock gets laser and has to run a wonky pattern to survive (say 2x during magnet phase I swear to illidan it does that all the damn time). Never thought I'd have to have a in combat bind for gateway but as of this tier I do.

Its been tweeted and brought up on official forums (even in game bug reports) but nothing gets done. The vibe I get about gateway is that they kind wish they could go back on it sort of like the DA glyph. As long as gateway confers no exploit or great advantage it will not be addressed quickly (eg portals on siegecrafter). Same MO from blizz re locks....nerf type changes go out via hotfix asap, fixes take patches if not expansions to fix.

Has anyone also had trouble with their personal teleport circle disappearing during Siegecrafter as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Has anyone also had trouble with their personal teleport circle disappearing during Siegecrafter as well?
    Nope, you know it automatically disappears after 6 minutes, right?
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-10-19 at 06:04 PM.

On testing with the Portal on Thok it's ~120y from the end of the Portal furthest away from you, which is almost functionally useless.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    On testing with the Portal on Thok it's ~120y from the end of the Portal furthest away from you, which is almost functionally useless.
    I'm pretty sure it's 100y since it is using the totem system, forcing the gateway to despawn when you move 100y away from it. I personally asked Xelnath to fix it in 5.0, which he did, but it seems this bug keeps popping up every content patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Our Warlock is reporting that his own personal portal disappears whenever he enters combat (at least on Siegecrafter).

He's an angry little fella, so it eventually lead to a blown out, 5 minute argument about it during our wipe fest last night.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Deleted
    I can confirm, Demonic Circle DOES despawn on Siegecrafter. It used to be ok, the problem appeared this reset I think.

People from the US, please keep reporting and pinging Blizz about this on the forums etc, we EU folk have 0 impact as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Yeah I've had the same on normal though, it's mostly on pull what I've seen.

For as much as our gateway has been through the least they can do is make it work. I don't see it despawning in pvp maybe because it's tied to the set bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    Yes. We are not usually in a hurry but I'm fairly certain that we pull before 6 mins has elapsed since I placed it.

I assume that they tried to disable our group portal and fucked us both ways.

I usually put my personal port down on the side of the conveyor belt so I can hop off super easy. It was a real big surprise when it vanished.

I had a...what is the word...Hissy fit.

I have not tried replacing it mid combat though. Whatevs. Still super easy to speed boost and jump off but it lacks a teleports style.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2013-10-19 at 11:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numiro View Post
    Yeah I've had the same on normal though, it's mostly on pull what I've seen.
    I thought I was going mad when it happened to me. Good to know it's a problem. Well, not good to know, it's annoying, but at least it's a known bug.

Our personal portal was hotfixed weeks ago to always despawn on the pull on siegecrafter. Just replace it where you want to after the pull.

can't build one on immerseus because of the blue "slightly lower line" -.- also quite a pain, since block 2 is our "bomb area" and i'd like to be there in one klick .. pretty annyoing
    and i don't bother to use it on thok since it disapeers so often i wonder why i even use my time to set one.

never had the siegecrafter bug, well we are there on normal mode only, so no real need for the portal^^