[Arcane] Dotting addon

Is there any addon (something similar to AffDots) that shows you when to DoT, taking into account the power of DoTs based on trinket procs and level of mana?? Most of the time, i dont even look at level of my mana when i DoT, and purely look at my trinket procs, just because i cant manage to do all that. Maybe I'm just too bad :P?

Deleted
    Not right now, no. You need to mainly work off memory.

A good thing to do is to set up a weakaura that shows your mana near your trinket procs so that you can see both easily and make judgements based off of this

Player Mana Percent is a super simple addon to show your mana percentage wherever you want it on the screen

Arcanometer is a good bar which shows mana levels (to 80%), rune, bomb & arcane charges

As Voltaa said, weak auras are one of the best ways to customise tracking. You should be able to get decent strings from the mage weak aura thread that you can play around with until you achieve what you are after.

Quite a few people also use Tell Me When for trinket procs as well (just place it near your mana & bomb trackers)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyspeed View Post
    Is there any addon (something similar to AffDots) that shows you when to DoT, taking into account the power of DoTs based on trinket procs and level of mana?? Most of the time, i dont even look at level of my mana when i DoT, and purely look at my trinket procs, just because i cant manage to do all that. Maybe I'm just too bad :P?
    You could probably modify AffDots work for Arcane. Arcane's Mastery is just a percentage damage buff that scales linearly with the percent of mana you have, so it shouldn't be that hard to implement. Take a look at how AffDots handles Demo Metamorphosis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't tested it myself but affdots has a plugin for mages.
    Addon: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots
    Plugin: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots-mage

EDIT: Just testing the mage affdots.. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take into account arcane mastery or arcane charges. It appears to just take into account procs.
    Last edited by Skyefire; 2013-10-18 at 06:36 AM.
    Skye <Entropy> | US - Frostmourne 8/13M HFC | Twitch | Armoury

Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

There isn't alot going on during basic mage gameplay so memorizing if you applied the latest dots with a buff or not isn't too big of a hassle. Especially if you're using NT it's pretty safe to clip any unbuffed dot just before your trinket/meta runs out.

Ive seen weak auras of people who have like the dps value of the dot as a weak aura if you applied it at that exact instant. Anyone can link a string or something?

All i use is tidy plates with the stacking nameplate function so i can always see mobs's individual nameplates even though there are a lot together. Works for me!