Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why is everyone so set on a burning legion expac?

Has no one came up with any other possible ideas? I am just curious as to why everyone is so set on this one idea and that if it doesn't happen then they are going to "unsub."

Why????

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

Actually, after The Derp Below came out, a lot of people discussed a non-Burning Legion xpac involving Azshara.

I personally feel with all the mentions in the main Wrathion questline, it'd be a huge surprise if the nexpac wasn't Burning Legion
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Rose-tinted glasses remembering TBC as the "height" of WoW.
    not even, its more like "Cuz dImunz err kuuhlor"

bc = best expansion
    bc = burning legion
    therefore, a burning legion expansion will be awesome!
    Nevermind that a lot of the reason bc and wotlk were awesome was because it was tying up the storylines in war3

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I guess I didn't look at it that way.

I mean... I loved TBC and all...but I would really like them to continue with a newer story and characters we haven't seen or seen much of. People have been trash talking a time travel expansion, but wouldn't a legion expac of a the outlands be a rehash just like that?? Just a twisted same story?

That being said I would honestly be happy with whatever they do because I will still end up playing it

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people have had other ideas. There's a bunch of threads on them here, even! Check the last few pages of this forum.

Anyway, I think you're begging the question. I think a lot of people think it will be a Burning Legion expansion and some people might prefer that, but I honestly haven't seen a lot of people who absolutely insist it should be any other way. In fact, a lot of the survey threads "I dont care that much as long as it is fun" seems to win out over people demanding particular themes.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Lots of people have had other ideas. There's a bunch of threads on them here, even! Check the last few pages of this forum.

Anyway, I think you're begging the question. I think a lot of people think it will be a Burning Legion expansion and some people might prefer that, but I honestly haven't seen a lot of people who absolutely insist it should be any other way. In fact, a lot of the survey threads "I dont care that much as long as it is fun" seems to win out over people demanding particular themes.
    So I am just seeing the outcries of the bitchy people? haha. Most of the people are in the same boat as me and don't care as long as its fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much just MMO-Champion user tradition to bitch about and cling on about ideas that have absolutely no substantial evidence to back them up while loudly promising to unsub if expectation X is not met.

Then Blizzcon comes, nobody unsubs, and that's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    It's pretty much just MMO-Champion user tradition to bitch about and cling on about ideas that have absolutely no substantial evidence to back them up while loudly promising to unsub if expectation X is not met.

Then Blizzcon comes, nobody unsubs, and that's that.
    Hahah, that seems to be what I am seeing now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe people just really like the demon/Outland theme? That's me. Wotlk is the height of WoW, imo. But I'm still dying to get a Legion expac because I love all the monsters, the setting, and the lore behind it.

this for some of the people. which is dumb.

but for smart people the reason we want a legion expansion is because it would be on an alien planet, which means literally anything is possible, with the technology wow now has they literally have creative freedom to do WHATEVER they want, the legion is also made up of thousands upon thousands of worlds and planets which means even if someone thinks it would be the same stuff weve seen before they would be wrong.

an army that big could have an entirely different set of people for us to fight in whichever world we go, the only requirements are eredar or nathrezim since they are in charge and lead the armies but even THAT is up in the air since they could easily think up a new demon species who is better suited to lead in that situation.

a legion expansion is a freedom expansion, filled with limitless possibilities and experiences.

anything and everything could be in it, we can see and experience things completely alien to azeroth, cultures never before touched by us, creatures and mounts and pets we can only dream of, new substances to craft and make things with not even found on azeroth.

it would be returning to wows oldest roots while also being able to be an entirely brand new chapter in the series
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neforpubl View Post
    So I am just seeing the outcries of the bitchy people? haha. Most of the people are in the same boat as me and don't care as long as its fun?
    I think that first sentence pretty much summarises every topic on the internet ever

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neforpubl View Post
    Yeah I guess I didn't look at it that way.

I mean... I loved TBC and all...but I would really like them to continue with a newer story and characters we haven't seen or seen much of. People have been trash talking a time travel expansion, but wouldn't a legion expac of a the outlands be a rehash just like that?? Just a twisted same story?

That being said I would honestly be happy with whatever they do because I will still end up playing it
    Or it's the end game. There's no one bigger than the burning legion and Sargeras out there. This universe (as in the story) will come to a close with a final clash with the Burning Legion, involving everyone, including the Titans and the rest of the Old gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think that first sentence pretty much summarises every topic on the internet ever
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Or maybe people just really like the demon/Outland theme? That's me. Wotlk is the height of WoW, imo. But I'm still dying to get a Legion expac because I love all the monsters, the setting, and the lore behind it.
    Personally WoTLK was my favorite, but that is my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this for some of the people. which is dumb.

but for smart people the reason we want a legion expansion is because it would be on an alien planet, which means literally anything is possible, with the technology wow now has they literally have creative freedom to do WHATEVER they want, the legion is also made up of thousands upon thousands of worlds and planets which means even if someone thinks it would be the same stuff weve seen before they would be wrong.

an army that big could have an entirely different set of people for us to fight in whichever world we go, the only requirements are eredar or nathrezim since they are in charge and lead the armies but even THAT is up in the air since they could easily think up a new demon species who is better suited to lead in that situation.

a legion expansion is a freedom expansion, filled with limitless possibilities and experiences.

anything and everything could be in it, we can see and experience things completely alien to azeroth, cultures never before touched by us, creatures and mounts and pets we can only dream of, new substances to craft and make things with not even found on azeroth.

it would be returning to wows oldest roots while also being able to be an entirely brand new chapter in the series
    I guess I didn't look at it that way. Would a N'Zoth type of expansion be the same way? We know nothing about what is going on below.

The entire legendary quest chain throughout the entire expansion heavily foreshadowed the Legion's impending arrival, so it just seems like the natural next expansion, rather than taking yet another detour to face down another distant threat like N'zoth or Azshara. Or time travelling for whatever reason they come up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I;d say its 50/50 for azshara or legion xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    The entire legendary quest chain throughout the entire expansion heavily foreshadowed the Legion's impending arrival, so it just seems like the natural next expansion, rather than taking yet another detour to face down another distant threat like N'zoth or Azshara. Or time travelling for whatever reason they come up with.
    Would you be happy with either one?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I;d say its 50/50 for azshara or legion xpack.

Same question as above.

Burning Legion means the beginning of the end, the start of the final battle against the biggest, baddest, bad-ass baddie in the game. That is (should be) an epic storyline that everyone wants to see, including me. Doesn't mean I'll be disappointed if I have to wait a bit longer, but that xpac will get me all kinds of excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say based on the rise of old god powa that N'zoth is not a distant threat, and with Neptulon under her control, Azshara is no distant threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously we like demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.