Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If the Dark bellow is the next expansion.....I dont mind with the lore or gameplay reason ..... so its ok ..it could be a good exp before the burning legion...

I only wish to finally see the end of the fight between lorh and jaina........

Quote Originally Posted by Strangedude View Post
    If the Dark bellow is the next expansion.....I dont mind with the lore or gameplay reason ..... so its ok ..it could be a good exp before the burning legion...

I only wish to finally see the end of the fight between lorh and jaina........
    It's connected. Queen Azshara story line, Rift, Emerald Dream, all connected with as a gateway to Twisting Nether (or from Burning Legion perspective, a gateway to Azeroth), but the Nightmare is "sealed" but Malfurion did the mistake by leaving it there, alone.

So doubt it's much "sealed" now, anyway.

Dark Below is not related to Naga or ANY Old Gods.
    It's about Time.

Quote Originally Posted by MapleEve View Post
    It's about Time.
    Old God puzzles, there is a lot of quotes such like:
    "The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark."

And the fish is below, in the water and it's especially cold the deeper you go underwater.
    The specific fish that know all the secrets, is probably way dark below as this fish know the cold.

And some stuff from the Siege of Orgrimmar mention the black forest that is likely to be dark below, Naga stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I wanna know what the Goat is about
    The goat with seven eyes refers to Y'Shaarj (who had seven heads), the Sha are his endless young.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    "The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark."
    The fish are probably the Naga.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MapleEve View Post
    It's about Time.
    Why not both? Would it be such a stretch to say there is an Old God connection to the Infinite Dragonflight? Not saying the Infinites are corrupted by Old Gods, but the OG's could have been responsible for the vision or timeline that sends the Infinites over the edge.

Besides, how does either dark or below relate to time? I mean, you could call times dark but that actually means a dark era, a numbered amount of time, not time itself. Neither dark nor below can relate to time in any sensible way.

Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    The goat with seven eyes refers to Y'Shaarj (who had seven heads), the Sha are his endless young.

The fish are probably the Naga.
    But it says "The fish know all the secrets."
    If it was the Nage, wouldn't the correct thing to say be "The fishes know all the secrets."

I just think "The fish" can be one specific creature (god or Queen Azshara, anyone) in dark below water,.. that knows all the secrets.

Deleted
    If it was the Nage, wouldn't the correct thing to say be "The fishes know all the secrets."

I just think "The fish" can be one specific creature (god or Queen Azshara, anyone) in dark below water,.. that knows all the secrets.
    But if it was singular it would have been "the fish knows all the secrets."

Besides, fishes applies when it's a liminted number of fish. If it's all fish it's just fish.

"Fish" can be singular or plural. It doesn't have to be "fishes".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    But if it was singular it would have been "the fish knows all the secrets."
    That too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    Why not both? Would it be such a stretch to say there is an Old God connection to the Infinite Dragonflight? Not saying the Infinites are corrupted by Old Gods, but the OG's could have been responsible for the vision or timeline that sends the Infinites over the edge.

Besides, how does either dark or below relate to time? I mean, you could call times dark but that actually means a dark era, a numbered amount of time, not time itself. Neither dark nor below can relate to time in any sensible way.
    Perhaps its so dark that the time is irrelevant. Time is estimated in light and the absent of light makes it all dark. Time in Darkness "stands still" if there is no light.

Would u know what time it is if there wasnt a clock? The dark below could much likely refer to something with time imo.

If u get deep enough into the ocean there will be no light, the time stands still?
    Last edited by Hulkovius; 2013-10-18 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    Perhaps its so dark that the time is irrelevant. Time is estimated in light and the absent of light makes it all dark. Time in Darkness "stands still" if there is no light.

Would u know what time it is if there wasnt a clock? The dark below could much likely refer to something with time imo.

If u get deep enough into the ocean there will be no light, the time stands still?
    Does time stop existing if no one knows it's there? If a tree falls in the forest where no one hears it, does it make a sound?

The fact that something isn't measured doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Irrelevance isn't the same as non-existence.

As for the light thing, you're a Swede so you know that in the north there are days without light. Does time not pass on those days? Does that mean they are endless?

As for the topic at hand. If, and that's quite a big "if", the Dark Below is the next xpac the list from the OP does make sense.
    I wonder though, what if the Dark Below refers to the Twisting Nether, with planets in the Warcraft universe not floating in space but on space, like rubber duckies in a bath tub.

Deleted
    I thought that The Dark Below is something like the Plane of Chaos/Old Gods. Just something like elemental plane for elementals. And there is source of Old Gods' power, and it the only place where they can be killed. and the dark below crosses with material plane in some places portals(ny'alotha and maybe other places), emerald dream(emerald nightmare) and maybe even elemental plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    Well if you feel that the time stands still, how is that important for an expansion and gameplay?
    It doesn't mean the time stands still, just because it's dark and feel that way. This doesn't make any real sense to me.
    Don't see where you are going with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    For me it makes more sense just to do an Azshara expansion next. And for me, The Dark Below is the only name floated right now that fits it.

It ties up most of the pre-defined dangling threads on Azeroth (Azshara, N'Zoth, the Dream, Neptulon, and the Zandalari) and can serve as a prelude to the Legion (Tomb of Sargeras, Azshara's past dealings with Sargeras).

- - - Updated - - -

Azshara was made into a Naga by N'Zoth, who happens to be the driving force behind the Emerald Nightmare, which is now contained in the Rift of Aln.

Obviously the Dream and N'Zoth can be the 6.2 content for TDB.
    Theres also a theory that Neptulon turned the elves into NG. In any case, it makes sense that Blizzard will want to have some similarities with their arguably best expac, wotlk, and make Nzoth the second last expac big boss like Yogg-saron was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    Maybe Azeroth is a hollow-earth-like planet, and there's a world totally unseen deep underneath?

Here's an example of what I mean below:

(minus the busted equator and debris)
    So we go from wow to playing Aion? Stolen idea anyone?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I wanna know what the Goat is about
    It's Y'shaarj. It was called the goat with seven eyes. Of course this was a metaphor and was never meant as a goat literally, but was more so referring to each of Y'shaarj's heads representing different negative emotions, thus each head "sees" different things. The eyes are really the heads that would eventually become the Sha. The goat is nothing more than to keep it as a Lovecraft reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to place bets, it would be on The Dark Below being the next WoW expansion.

We'll know in just a few weeks.

I think the focus could be good with The Emerald Dream\Nightmare and dark below the sea, with Queen Azshara and some demonic creatures meddling with her, to gain passage thru the Rift into The Emerald Dream from the Twisting Nether and than upon Azeroth.

Deleted
    I also think The Dark Below makes the most sense right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Fighting the Old God's and their henchmen is kinda getting repetitive. I wanna fight a titan!

It's reasonable people: according to lore, the old gods were locked in a war with the titans. Both sides suffered serious casualties. If we are tough enough to take on an old god (we fought two, including the curse of a third), logic says that we should be able to take on a titan!

Sargeras sounds like a start. But let's get around to finishing up Kiljaden first.
    Sooooo much wrong with what you just said.

First off: the old gods we fought were no where near full power.

Yeah and the curse nearly fucked us all over. Why would a curse be more powerful than an Old God.

You just want the Burning legion.

N'Zoth was never imprisioned because the Titans could not imprision him. He's below us, lurking, waiting. That's why Blizzard said we'll need all the help we can get to defeat what's coming next. A Old God that is or close to full power.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed