Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I wanna know what the Goat is about
    Thank you for my new sig.

OT: I'd enjoy The Dark Below, and I'd definitely start paying more attention to the story, because I have no idea what any of that is, but it sounds cool.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Old God puzzles, there is a lot of quotes such like:
    "The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark."

And the fish is below, in the water and it's especially cold the deeper you go underwater.
    The specific fish that know all the secrets, is probably way dark below as this fish know the cold.

And some stuff from the Siege of Orgrimmar mention the black forest that is likely to be dark below, Naga stuff.
    Out of curiousity, why does everyone assume that the puzzle box has to mean anything? It could easily be Blizzard screwing with us in a suitably Lovecraftian style.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Can anyone see blizzard using time as a way of reducing the damage numbers next expansion. Sort of like in dragonball gt how goku was changed into a child again.... All of us will be sent back to when we were less powerful therefore reducing the stats on gear to a manageable levels while they work on a permanent solution for the following expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    Can anyone see blizzard using time as a way of reducing the damage numbers next expansion
    No. Solely because it's a completely idiotic thought that they'd need to justify a mechanics change with lore.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    Out of curiousity, why does everyone assume that the puzzle box has to mean anything? It could easily be Blizzard screwing with us in a suitably Lovecraftian style.
    Because they sync up with whispers from Y'Shaarj:

Yogg:

They are coming for you.
    Give in to your fear.
    Kill them all before they kill you.
    They have turned against you. Now, take your revenge.
    It WAS your fault.
    Tell yourself again that these are not truly your friends.
    You are a pawn of forces unseen.
    There is no escape. Not in this life, not in the next.
    Trust is your weakness.
    Hope is an illusion.
    All that you know will fade.
    You will be alone in the end.

(Puzzle Box)

At the bottom of the ocean even light must die.
    Even death may die.
    All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured.
    There is a little lamb lost in dark woods.
    The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down.
    The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly.
    There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal.
    The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark.
    What can change the nature of a man?
    Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.
    Do you dream while you sleep or is it an escape from the horrors of reality?
    In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
    In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
    Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula.
    The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
    It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe.
    The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow.
    The tortured spirits of your ancestors cling to you, screaming in silence. Apparently they are quite numerous.
    You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn.
    Open me! Open me! Open me! Then only will you know peace.

Y'Shaarj:

You can never leave this place. There is no way home.
    You will die when you leave this place. There is nothing left of your world.
    You have already lost.
    All of your friends are dead.
    No one is coming to save you.
    Your allies will leave you behind.
    You cannot succeed. Your cause is hopeless.
    Your allies think you are weak.
    You do not have the strength to defeat him, you are too weak to carry on.

(Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl)

With each threat unraveled, a step closer to my realm.
    Another blemish on your soul.
    You will rest in Ny'alotha.
    You should kill them all. You must kill them all.
    Eyes are the windows to the soul. Shatter them forever.
    Pluck their wings. Leave them broken.
    Pay the cost of greatness.
    All should bow before you. Make them!
    All that you have accomplished, all that you have won, yet still you lick the boots of kings.
    Carve more slowly, that I may feed.
    Embrace your rage.
    Caress your fear.
    Gorge your hatred.
    Voice your doubts.
    When you walk among the black forest, you will see.
    I can taste the essence of your soul... it is sweet...

Which implies that they are alluding to something, but that is of course just speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    My thought on it is that there's a 5th one of those emerald gates. Or were. Until it was sunk as part of the Sundering. Down in the depths of the ocean, the realm of N'Zoth, that was where his influence seeped into the Dream to make the Nightmare.
    Do we know if was a Emerald Dream portal inside Azshara's palace at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    Why not both? Would it be such a stretch to say there is an Old God connection to the Infinite Dragonflight? Not saying the Infinites are corrupted by Old Gods, but the OG's could have been responsible for the vision or timeline that sends the Infinites over the edge.

Besides, how does either dark or below relate to time? I mean, you could call times dark but that actually means a dark era, a numbered amount of time, not time itself. Neither dark nor below can relate to time in any sensible way.
    Nozdormu could become the next Nightmare Lords & N'Zoth gets control of time itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If I had to place bets, it would be on The Dark Below being the next WoW expansion.

We'll know in just a few weeks.
    We only hope, but weither we are right or wrong it always good to have a new expansion.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Even if the xpac title isn't correct, the theme of the xpac could still be correct (Azshara / N'zoth etc).

I'd still prefer a Burning legion xpac personally.

Really cool that blizzard are managing to keep it all a suprise right up until blizzcon. Wasn't great that people knew about MOP so far ahead of time and so many played through all the zones on Beta due to annual pass etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Sooooo much wrong with what you just said.

First off: the old gods we fought were no where near full power.

Yeah and the curse nearly fucked us all over. Why would a curse be more powerful than an Old God.

You just want the Burning legion.

N'Zoth was never imprisioned because the Titans could not imprision him. He's below us, lurking, waiting. That's why Blizzard said we'll need all the help we can get to defeat what's coming next. A Old God that is or close to full power.
    Exactly that amount of Power could attract the Titans, which attracts Sargeras to Azeroth (7.0)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Even if the xpac title isn't correct, the theme of the xpac could still be correct (Azshara / N'zoth etc).

I'd still prefer a Burning legion xpac personally.

Really cool that blizzard are managing to keep it all a suprise right up until blizzcon. Wasn't great that people knew about MOP so far ahead of time and so many played through all the zones on Beta due to annual pass etc.
    Ya the main thing is the Xpac theme is the same, but name could likely be wrong we wont know until 2 week from now.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    I can't wait for BlizzCon to see what the Dark Below expansion is really going to be about! Is it Azshara and N'zoth or ... the demons! Humans in old WarCraft games were saying that the demons come from the dark below. Of course demons/legion did not have as much lore as they do now, but the fact that exact same words were used, "The Dark Below" kind of makes me wonder, they can go with Azshara, N'zoth and undiscovered (by us) portal from which the Burning Legion can be summoned by Azshara in the ground beneath us.

Would be Awesome! Damn it! BlizzCon! Can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post

(Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl)

With each threat unraveled, a step closer to my realm.
    Another blemish on your soul.
    You will rest in Ny'alotha.
    You should kill them all. You must kill them all.
    Eyes are the windows to the soul. Shatter them forever.
    Pluck their wings. Leave them broken.
    Pay the cost of greatness.
    All should bow before you. Make them!
    All that you have accomplished, all that you have won, yet still you lick the boots of kings.
    Carve more slowly, that I may feed.
    Embrace your rage.
    Caress your fear.
    Gorge your hatred.
    Voice your doubts.
    When you walk among the black forest, you will see.
    I can taste the essence of your soul... it is sweet...

Which implies that they are alluding to something, but that is of course just speculation.
    This makes me get even more excited, They have been forshadowing the Black Forest for some time, I think Ny'loatha is Nazjatar in Old God Tongue & The Black Forest is the what covered it all.

I may be a Dark Below hoper, but frankly, I can't wait till Blizzcon so all these stupid "OHMAHGERD GRASP AT STICKS FOR NEXT EXPAC" threads can finally stop.

But yea, if it is indeed Dark Below, or an Azshara expac, I hope for neutral playable Naga. Because frankly, as much as the old models need to be updated, they should focus on a new race first and foremost that already doesn't have 10 years of emotional weight behind them, thus causing a major shitfest that they completely fucked up the male Dwarf model because one beard style is too short when they finally attempt to tackle the basically impossible task of rolling out new models for old races.

After looking at some information on the dark below trademark app. I seen something odd so I compare to another blizzard trade mark Heros of the storm.
    They both have the 1 b on them which means not in use at time of filing or making app. I then look up and wow expansion are 1 a

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    After looking at some information on the dark below trademark app. I seen something odd so I compare to another blizzard trade mark Heros of the storm.
    They both have the 1 b on them which means not in use at time of filing or making app. I then look up and wow expansion are 1 a
    Not sure what you're looking at as afaik TDB was never in the UPSTO's database, and the OHIM uses a different classification system. If it's regarding the form Bibi found, that was never filed so it can't really be taken as indicative of anything. For the record though all of Blizzard's recent USPTO filings have used the 1(b) Basis save Hearthstone which was filed in a foreign country first so uses Basis 44(d).

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Because they sync up with whispers from Y'Shaarj:

<Snip>
    But people were saying that they meant something even before either of those last two were a thing, and of course they sinked up, they're both pseudo meaningless, cryptic eldrich whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalheroDamien View Post
    But people were saying that they meant something even before either of those last two were a thing, and of course they sinked up, they're both pseudo meaningless, cryptic eldrich whispers.
    Most of which are ripped right out various lovecraft novellas.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Most of which are ripped right out various lovecraft novellas.
    That's kind of my point I knew there was a reason I liked you, besides your amazing hat, and stylish rapier.

Not sure what you're looking at as afaik TDB was never in the UPSTO's database, and the OHIM uses a different classification system. If it's regarding the form Bibi found, that was never filed so it can't really be taken as indicative of anything. For the record though all of Blizzard's recent USPTO filings have used the 1(b) Basis save Hearthstone which was filed in a foreign country first so uses Basis 44(d).
    I was referring to the app. That was on the front page that was never file and then call hoax

I loved that fan idea where there's a massive network that the Nerubians made that we can follow to different regions including the Tomb of Sargeras, Tel'abim etc. with the Rift of Aln also being included.

I'm honestly fine with either an Azshara/N'zoth expansion or a Legion expansion. Nothing outside these though as new lore isn't likely to bring back any old players and having something like Pandaren on the box again won't be very inviting to newer players once they realize that the game isn't quite as childish as the box art and cinematic might have shown.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The demons are originated earlier than the burning legion, says the warlock epic quest.

Maybe it has something to do with the Dark Below. The octopus thing from the dark below is also a demon, iirc.

Which brings all together: new continent, burning legion, demon invasion, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    Can anyone see blizzard using time as a way of reducing the damage numbers next expansion. Sort of like in dragonball gt how goku was changed into a child again.... All of us will be sent back to when we were less powerful therefore reducing the stats on gear to a manageable levels while they work on a permanent solution for the following expansion.

Ok so what does everyone think of my post after seeing mmo-champions post about "timewalker" and the gear scaling.
    edit: Im actually thinking its just an option to do oldworld content at a scaled gear level? Seems redundant though?

- - - Updated - - -

And also if the xpac is about the burning legion would you prefer a redone/updated outlands similar to the shattering of azeroth or a whole new continent/dimension to explore ie: northrend/pandaria/outland?