Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Lightbulb 'The Dark Below' makes sense to me..

'The Dark Below' makes sense to me..

Keywords: N'Zoth, Puzzle Boxes, "The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark." The dark below? Emerald Dream, Rift of Aln, Malfurion, Queen Azhsara, Siege of Orgrimmar where the Black Forest is mentioned, Ny'alotha, The Nightmare currently contained within the Rift of Aln.

"So he decided to collect energy from both Azeroth and the Emerald Dream to cleanse Azeroth from the Nightmare. Then he attacked the tree of Xavius in Azeroth while Thura struck down Xavius' shadow tree in the Emerald Dream. With his power source removed, the Nightmare Lord was defeated and imprisoned in the Rift of Aln.

The Battle against the Nightmare was over and mortals battling in the Dream returned to Azeroth. Exhausted Malfurion then awoke in Darnassus. Without wasting any time and with the blessings of Ysera and Alexstrasza, well wishes from the leaders of the Alliance and their friend and old compatriot Thrall of the Horde, the two were finally married in the capital city of the Night Elves, Darnassus."

- That to me, did sound a bit too easy. And Xavius was never the master behind it all.

So yeah, The Dark Below really comes at a good time, before any Burning Legion or anything of that matter.
    Queen Azshara, N'Zoth, Black Forest, The Nightmare, The Emerald Dream, The Dark Below, down there in the Rift of Aln.
    And if you add to that the last heirloom in Siege of Orgrimmar is 90 to 100 - I can imagine this be a large expansion with all of it.

Also, I don't imagine that dark below, down in somewhere dark, there is just water zones, no-no. Use more imagination than that.

Yeah, The Rift of Aln (Nightmare) is also believed by Druids to be middlin with the Twisting Nether, so it would be nice to actually take on Queen Azhsara, N'Zoth, Emerald Dream, Nightmare, Dark Below, Rift, all of that before middlin with the Twisting Nether and beyond (near) the Burning Legion, expansion.
    Last edited by Gnome; 2013-10-18 at 12:27 AM.

I don't know about anyone else, but I wanna know what the Goat is about

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish this was true 100%..we can't say fer sure but, I like it!
    This whole underwater mystery with Azshara and maybe some old stuff makes me excited!

Cool, so why didn't you just post in a Dark Below thread instead of making a 1,000th one?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This wasn't worthy of a new thread, Please use the search function next time, this could've easily been posted there instead of spamming the board with pointless threads -.-'

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but what does the Emerald Dream have to do with Azshara and the Rift of Aln?
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me it makes more sense just to do an Azshara expansion next. And for me, The Dark Below is the only name floated right now that fits it.

It ties up most of the pre-defined dangling threads on Azeroth (Azshara, N'Zoth, the Dream, Neptulon, and the Zandalari) and can serve as a prelude to the Legion (Tomb of Sargeras, Azshara's past dealings with Sargeras).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    Yeah but what does the Emerald Dream have to do with Azshara and the Rift of Aln?
    Azshara was made into a Naga by N'Zoth, who happens to be the driving force behind the Emerald Nightmare, which is now contained in the Rift of Aln.

Obviously the Dream and N'Zoth can be the 6.2 content for TDB.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    For me it makes more sense just to do an Azshara expansion next. And for me, The Dark Below is the only name floated right now that fits it.

It ties up most of the pre-defined dangling threads on Azeroth (Azshara, N'Zoth, the Dream, Neptulon, and the Zandalari) and can serve as a prelude to the Legion (Tomb of Sargeras, Azshara's past dealings with Sargeras).

- - - Updated - - -

Azshara was made into a Naga by N'Zoth, who happens to be the driving force behind the Emerald Nightmare, which is now contained in the Rift of Aln.

It does really make sense to have this for a expansion, before any Burning Crusade expansion.
    Rich content as well, just by imagining the lore and how much they can pull from within the "circle" of somewhere..dark..below..
    Quite many connections, and we never had any expansion where it's dark below the sea or world.

It doesn't all have to be dark either, imagine something that is untouched from evil, that has brighter color, wood, lake, underneath the ocean? I don't know. I do like thinking about this.

10+ Year Old Account

Azshara was made into a Naga by N'Zoth
    This is entirely speculation and has never been stated by blizzard.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    I know some people used to meant there were seven old gods, but I feel like it ties into y'shaarj now since he turned into seven sha. Still though that is for the most part an unanswered question that I'm actually curious about too.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    This is entirely speculation and has never been stated by blizzard.
    True true, but you'd be silly not to think it's true.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Azeroth is a hollow-earth-like planet, and there's a world totally unseen deep underneath?

Here's an example of what I mean below:

(minus the busted equator and debris)
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

That, and the Stormrage novel specifically mentions the Rift of Aln being connected to Azeroth's oceans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    True true, but you'd be silly not to think it's true.
    Fair enough. Just clarifying that it was never stated to be true.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    Most seem to think that was on about y'shaarj via a lovecraft reference to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shub-Niggurath and its "thousand young" being the sha.

Interestingly it lives in "the black forest".

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    That, and the Stormrage novel specifically mentions the Rift of Aln being connected to Azeroth's oceans.
    My thought on it is that there's a 5th one of those emerald gates. Or were. Until it was sunk as part of the Sundering. Down in the depths of the ocean, the realm of N'Zoth, that was where his influence seeped into the Dream to make the Nightmare.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I just really hope is not tropical themed. PLEASE BLIZZARD, STAHP. As long as blizz keeps the number of island or tropical based zones to under 1 im good.

10+ Year Old Account
    N'Zoth and the Emerald nightmare.

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

Maybe Azeroth is a hollow-earth-like planet, and there's a world totally unseen deep underneath?

Here's an example of what I mean below:

(minus the busted equator and debris)
    I like this image. Perhaps that's the way it could be, almost..

Fighting the Old God's and their henchmen is kinda getting repetitive. I wanna fight a titan!

It's reasonable people: according to lore, the old gods were locked in a war with the titans. Both sides suffered serious casualties. If we are tough enough to take on an old god (we fought two, including the curse of a third), logic says that we should be able to take on a titan!

Sargeras sounds like a start. But let's get around to finishing up Kiljaden first.