[Mage] Presence of Mind bugged?

In the past week or so I have been experiencing problems with Presence of Mind when used with Alter Time and was wondering if anyone else has been having this problem?

Recently, about 50% of the time after activating Alter Time (the 2nd activation) my Presence of Mind buff is not being returned to me. I've not changed any macros nor have I changed my rotation or whatever, I've played Fire almost this whole expansion and not had this problem before.

My Alter Time macro
    #showtooltip Alter Time
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Berserking
    /cast Alter Time
    /cast Pyroblast
    Last edited by Uldisat; 2013-10-18 at 02:38 AM.

No problems here using a similar macro.

I was having this exact problem. I took /cast Pyroblast out and it works.

Doesnt pom, not work with alter time for a couple patches now

@2s2p, the pom/altertime interaction was only changed on PTR, but reverted back to normal before going live again, so nothing should have changed

Should the PoM not be after AT ?
    As Alter Time will return it to you only if used during AT ?
    Or is that macro used after you've used AT the first time in which case it follows my theory ?
    I'm a fire mage and seriously overlooked PoM for so long and only started using it recently. Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerty View Post
    Should the PoM not be after AT ?
    As Alter Time will return it to you only if used during AT ?
    Or is that macro used after you've used AT the first time in which case it follows my theory ?
    I'm a fire mage and seriously overlooked PoM for so long and only started using it recently. Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot
    Alter Time snap shots the buffs you have up at the time of casting it, so PoM should always be before AT. You then consume the PoM buff on a Pyroblast after casting AT.
    Last edited by mmoceeb8b8e2c3; 2013-10-19 at 03:00 AM.

Deleted
    Tbh i noticed this also, i thought i was imagining things but i think this is bugged ill check again when i log back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's happened to me a few times as well, really screws up a burst doesn't it.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Deleted
    Input lag messes it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Uldron View Post
    Alter Time snap shots the buffs you have up at the time of casting it, so PoM should always be before AT. You then consume the PoM buff on a Pyroblast after casting AT.
    Doh. Of course it does. Not sure what I was thinking then
    I think I see what you are saying.
    You hit PoM, then AT, Pyro that was up, Pyro to consume the PoM, AT, Pyro and PoM should be back up due to AT, so you can Pyro and then PoM Pyro again. So you get 4 Pyros for a nice combustion. Shame that PoM does not seem to be affected by AT, or at least it seems to always go on CD the few times I've tried it.
    Last edited by ZalidtheBur; 2013-10-19 at 04:54 PM.

try this
    #showtooltip Alter Time
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Presence of Mind
    /cast Berserking
    /cast Alter Time
    /cast Pyroblast

For me that fixed it... Apparantly if spam spells hard before u cast alter time, 1 Precense command isn't enough for activating it.