Thread: bipolar

bipolar

How would I know if I am bipolar?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeydeath View Post
    How would I know if I am bipolar?
    See a psychiatrist.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

If you attach yourself to a commutator you would make a good brushed DC Motor.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    If you attach yourself to a commutator you would make a good brushed DC Motor.
    I love you

See a trained psychiatrist and be diagnosed.

If you swing from high highs to low lows a lot, maybe.

Highs can be anything like gambling, spending money, excerising too much, anything that gets you out and doing something exciting and what you persevere as fun. Lows would be sitting at home alone, drinking, anything that you normally would classify you as feeling depressed or just not in a great mood.

Having either of these and going between them isn't too uncommon, as humans we go through ups and downs a lot, but if you tend to cycle between them a lot, and on a very large scale, then it's possible.

Once again, see some one actually trained to diagnose, I'm going off pocket knowledge and nothing else.
    Last edited by Eggowaffles; 2013-10-18 at 05:43 AM.

just want to add that every human being has their ups and downs - it's a part of life ><
    usually when it starts seriously disrupting your life (ie you skip work, constantly think about suicide, don't talk to your friends anymore etc.) it becomes medical. if you want concise definitions look at DSM-V (pretty new actually), ICD-10 definitions. (ICD-10 F30.x is mania - *extreme feeling of happiness for no reason*, F31 Bipolar, F32 depression - *opposite of mania*).
    in the end though, as others have said, go see a professional. don't feel ashamed / be afraid ! nobody will judge you if you seek help.
    anyways, I wish you the best!
    ~xin

[ / be afraid ! nobody will judge you if you seek help.
    anyways, I wish you the best!
    ~xin[/QUOTE]

Yes tell people that, see how quickly you are judged

You could take some LSD, if it shifts you into a manic-hyper state on onset, you prob are.. Or do the rite thing and go see someone, because the internet will make you paranoid and self diagnosis is bad.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    See a trained psychiatrist and be diagnosed.
    This is correct. Don't be a self-diagnosing git and don't trivialize real mental illnesses by saying things like, "gosh, I'm kind of bipolar!". You're either bipolar or you're not.

1 word.
    Magnets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speak to a trained psychiatrist. We can't help you here with it.