Trying out a Priest, question on Heirlooms

Hello all, Priest noob here. I've already got a full set of caster cloth heirlooms, including the Dignified Headmaster's Charge (2H staff), I was just curious is the staff the best heirloom option for lvling a Priest or is the Devout Aurastone Hammer and Musty Tome of the Lost a better combination?

Thanks in advance for the input!

There's no significant difference while leveling, and I think it's cheaper to buy the staff. Also, you can use that same staff for a mage, lock or shammy alt.

(Hoping for Garrosh's damn staff to drop, but I KNOW if I ever get a heirloom from a coin roll it's gonna be a freaking mace...)

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    (Hoping for Garrosh's damn staff to drop, but I KNOW if I ever get a heirloom from a coin roll it's gonna be a freaking mace...)
    Got the staff on my first kill. Then I got the mace on my 2nd. Then I got the caster shield on the 3rd. MWHAHAHAHA

Neither option gives a bonus to xp gained. so they're purely for power, Both the staff and mace will have the same spellpower but different on gear stats.
    The haste from the offhand is worth a tad more in shadow, plus you get an offhand enchant on top of the normal enchant (now that enchants scale down for level) so you'd get the +165 int and likely either jade spirit or windsong on weapon. vs just the weapon enchant if you go staff.

Best enchants for the 1H'er Mace and the OH (providing there is a enchant for OH's..) heirlooms?

Personally I use Jade Spirit and 165 Int to offhand.

Although I've seen arguments that some of the level 60 enchants are actually better up until about 70 (when the jade spirit scaling passes them).
    Windsong will not proc mastery below lvl 80, but at low levels the haste and crit procs are pretty godly as well. There's a google docs spreadsheet around here somewhere that shows what each enchant scales down to so you can compare them.