Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzcon and mmo-champion

So I was thinking about buying the virtual ticket. The problem is that I will probably not have time to watch all of it right then and there anyways (I know the virtual ticket includes on-demand). So my questions are:

How soon after stuff's been announced will I be able to read about it here on mmo-champion?
    Will blizzard have any free streams at all? (All I wanna see is the "World of Warcraft: What's Next", "World of Warcraft: The Adventure Continues" and possibly "Warcraft Movie Presentation")
    And are there going to be videos of the presentations at any point after blizzcon that are for free?

Stuff gets reported as it happens, so the virtual ticket isn't really worth it unless you really enjoy watching Metzen crawl out of his cave once every two years or if you want whatever ingame bonuses that come with it.

That being said, there will also be plenty of streams that stream the Blizzcon virtual ticket if you know where to look. Of course, they will frequently be shutdown so you have to keep switching to a new one.

From what i remember in the previous Blizzcons, MMO Champion gave the news by the minute they were released. And the WoW expansion and a few more things can be seen officially for free. And almost everything will be on youtube in a matter of hours if you want to see it. If your time zone is different just take a nap and when you wake up you have everything in most WoW related sites and on Youtube. So, in my opinion, the virtual ticket is not worth the 30€ / $40.
    Last edited by Sughs; 2013-10-18 at 07:51 AM.

Deleted
    So that settles it. No virtual ticket Thanks for the quick answers

Deleted
    VT is only worth for goodies and shop sale :P. Informations are twitted after 5 secs after release and materials are in web 10 mins after release :P. And most of panels and Q&A is overrated since its something like "oooo we have great idea about it! but wont tell you because we can have even greater idea about it!!!11!!!", "ooooo we plan a cool story about it!!!, stay tuned for more infos in the future!" "we'd love to see Med'an/Illidan back!!! it would be great!!! yeaaaa!!!"

but you can buy VT just to donate Blizzard :P

Normally a few seconds after the announcement it will appear on MMO-Champion. Details will trickle in as they come out, as well. The ticket is only valuable if you want to see it live, in the moment, and like the extra goodies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalty View Post
    So I was thinking about buying the virtual ticket. The problem is that I will probably not have time to watch all of it right then and there anyways (I know the virtual ticket includes on-demand). So my questions are:

How soon after stuff's been announced will I be able to read about it here on mmo-champion?
    Will blizzard have any free streams at all? (All I wanna see is the "World of Warcraft: What's Next", "World of Warcraft: The Adventure Continues" and possibly "Warcraft Movie Presentation")
    And are there going to be videos of the presentations at any point after blizzcon that are for free?
    I love watching it and you get the digital stuff (I'm a sucker for pets) and all in all I would say it's worth it.
    even if you dont have time then and there, you can watch everything a whole week (I think) untill it's taken down.
    Ofc there will be people uploding footage as they come home or to their hotell and uploads it so everyone can see (mostly pannels and costumes and stuff like that)
    MMO champ. allways update as it goes and then the next day or so they clean it up to a reading-point.
    Blizzard will not stream it free - thats why they have viritual ticket. Though others that have the ticket might stream it on twitch or somthing (though it might be more laggy and you'll see the mouse etc)
    so yeah, even afther all this I always get it 'cuz I can see it whenever I want withing those times, there is different channels for each wing and there usually is a waiting game before the opening ceremony. You also get the chance of getting blizzcon store items early (though you're late for that now) and you get all the digital stuff ofc. Maybe I ramble now xD

Though, I like the ticket more than being a free-bie because I like to watch the pannels and such at my own pase and in HD. You even get some live inerviews that is shorter than pannels (they are inbetween) that they ask abt stuff on twitter and such from watchers. it's cool (dunno if they do this this year tho) and that's where they said we would get models in cata... still waiting.
    anyway, you should decide for yourself. I think it's worth it tho.

I surly have forgotten somthing too... oh yeah the channels are the wings so you can see all the turnaments too, just if it's live remember to watch what you care abt first then you can watch the rest later. so basicly you can watch every wing and get more info that the ones thats there xD and though champion will update you wont get pictures and such untill earliest the day afther. Maybe some teaser pictures but they will be like off a screen while if you have a ticket you will see everything on the spot if you want. and hey! at least I think it's more fun watching the announcement than getting a list of mmo-champions notes at the same time.

edit: as said above the videos will be up on blizzard youtube and home-sites about the second or right ather they are announced. all their trailer and such, but the announcements are written and pictured later.
    Last edited by Beasty Beauty; 2013-10-18 at 09:58 AM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you can get whole stuff on youtube after few hours like every year don't buy ticket if you don't want new murloc :P

If you want a good quality stream and to see it as it happens, aswell as enjoy the buzz that happens when watching, and have the ability to watch whatever panel you want whenever you want, then that alone is worth the ticket price imo. The ingame goodies are an extra bonus.

Nothing beats watching it first hand

I want to watch the show in HD at least, and also a few other stuff like the new expansion panel, Diablo 3 stuff, Hearthstone.. so yeh, VT is mine

and opening ceremony is free to watch, for rest events ticket is

After it happens. MMO used to actually "break" stories, then they teamed with Blizz, got gobs of money from advertising and now they are more of a Blizz mouth piece than a thorn in their side. But as mouth pieces goes, mmo is one of the best!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it's worth it.

-High Quality Live Stream>240p Youtube Videos with Advertisements and Cheering overpowering the useful information.
    -Easy Access/Stream Switching
    -Blizzcon Goodies (Some might not be in to that stuff, but the above two reasons are good enough, in my opinion, to justify it)
    -$40 really isn't a ton of money considering how convenient it is.

Oh, and as far as Chris Metzen dodging questions, hasn't that really only ever happened in the Lore Panel?

If im not mistaken the opening ceremony is free to watch right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'd say it's worth it.

-High Quality Live Stream>240p Youtube Videos with Advertisements and Cheering overpowering the useful information.
    -Blizzcon Goodies (Some might not be in to that stuff, but the above two reasons are good enough, in my opinion, to justify it)

Oh, and as far as Chris Metzen dodging questions, hasn't that really only ever happened in the Lore Panel?
    Lol. AdBlock exists you know..

Definitely worth it. MMO-Champ has left out some good tidbits of what people have said or quoted them incorrectly thereby completely changing the meaning. Plus you just don't get that live, wow (amazing feel not the game abbreviation) feel from reading it in text.

There was something from a few Blizzcons back that Boub misquoted (and never fixed) that completely changed what Metzen had said. I don't recall it now but it was a pretty HUGE difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'd say it's worth it.

Adblock and 720p or higher is the standard these days.
    easy access, yes but whats easier than just reading or watching the highlights without all the filler.
    The goodies part is all that is worth the $40.00 depending on the person. Until they reveal what the Hearthstone card does I'm not going to buy it.
    $40.00 can be spent in better places. When the information that you paid $40.00 is free in a matter of seconds it's not worth it.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    and opening ceremony is free to watch, for rest events ticket is
    This and the panel that goes into depth about the new expansion are generally the only interesting things WoW related. The opening ceremony generally closes (when they're announcing a new expansion) with the preview trailer for the new expansion and the panel that's almost immediately after it usually covers the basics of the expansion. Anything else major is also usually announced in the opening ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry
    $40 really isn't a ton of money considering how convenient it is.
    That's three months worth of play time, you know... or, for some people, their food budget for a week or two.

mmo champion is pretty good at getting blizzcon news posted quickly. You won't be able to actually SEE the presentation(s) without finding it streamed on a diff site, -or- maybe the next day when its posted on, say, youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most information will be here, on other fan-sites, youtube and elsewhere more or less right away.

I for one still prefer to get the info straight away from the source, and there's not always that info elsewhere is correct - or what I am after.
    Not to mention watching shaky camera videos, that are blurry and has awful sound isn't exactly fun :P