Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #321
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,984
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Yeah they can. Opinions have logic behind them. "I don't like x because y because z". If the logic behind the opinion doesn't make sense or isn't fully explored, it's not really a good or usable opinion.
    "I don't like green because my cat died on a Thursday."
    There is no logic in that reasoning, but that does not make the opinion any less valid.
    You don't NEED any reasoning or explanation behind an opinion, that is why it's an opinion.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    MoP fits perfectly. Quit conversing with idiots and the world will be a better place.
    People who thought that resulted in the USA Government shut down. It's not always best to stop conversing... it's those that "Stops learning" that's more of the problem.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    True, but all their attempts to appeal to existing gamers have failed so the next logical step is to try to appeal to the next generation of gamers.
    You don't change a winning team. Changing the core of the game in between wrath and cata simply wasn't a good idea. That's where they started losing subs isn't it?

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "I don't like green because my cat died on a Thursday."
    There is no logic in that reasoning, but that does not make the opinion any less valid.
    You don't NEED any reasoning or explanation behind an opinion, that is why it's an opinion.
    You're on a forum sharing your opinion though. So, yes, you kinda do need a reason/explanation behind said opinion - because that's the whole point of sharing your opinion on a forum with others in the first place, isn't it? :P

    Yours COULD have logic if the person has noticed all things green happen on Thursdays (Patty's day. Mother does Thanksgiving in Green, whatever...) then associates Thursday with both green AND his cat dying that day.

    Yes, there is logic... when you take into consideration peoples zany ideas and way their brains map things there could be the most logical of logic chains ever... that also happen to be totally illogical at the same time. ^_^

    In short: Logic is only as good as it's information. All elephants are pink; Nellie is an Elephant, therefore Nellie is Pink. Makes logical sense... so long as you don't convince the person that elephants aren't pink or, worse, the person refuses to look at another elephant or, even worse, sees a grey elephant and says it's pink.

    Trust me, it happens WAY MORE than you think! :P

    Had a former EIC once wrote my boss up because he defended my color choice for a cover. It was clearly red, and the company didn't double-swap it so it came out hot pink. We showed him the swatch book and he said, flat out, it was pink. Even my boss said "no... it's clearly red, the whole staff can see this" and he got written up for it.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  5. #325
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,984
    Well, yes, on a forum it might be useful if you explain your reasoning.
    But not giving a reason, or giving a 'bad' reason, doesn't invalidate that opinion.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You don't change a winning team. Changing the core of the game in between wrath and cata simply wasn't a good idea. That's where they started losing subs isn't it?
    That is an interesting question and risk of going way off topic I don't think they ever had a long term winning team. WOW has always had huge sub losses but it was in the right place at the right time and its success masked them, not long after Wrath was released the amount of new players joining the game was in equilibrium with those that left and there are strong arguments to be made that Western subs were in decline but were offset by Chinese players. Personally I think that part of the western sub slow down/decline was due to the price of the game, I loved Wrath but I would never had have played WOW if I had to pay £80 plus £9 per month to get into the game. The reaction to sub stagnation in Wrath with Cata was somewhat bizarre but I think it comes down to Blizzard holds the content they produce in much higher esteem than players do and they thought players would be content with having their progress slowed down.

  7. #327
    Don't you mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    KILL all the idiots and the world will be a better place?

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That is an interesting question and risk of going way off topic I don't think they ever had a long term winning team. WOW has always had huge sub losses but it was in the right place at the right time and its success masked them, not long after Wrath was released the amount of new players joining the game was in equilibrium with those that left and there are strong arguments to be made that Western subs were in decline but were offset by Chinese players. Personally I think that part of the western sub slow down/decline was due to the price of the game, I loved Wrath but I would never had have played WOW if I had to pay £80 plus £9 per month to get into the game. The reaction to sub stagnation in Wrath with Cata was somewhat bizarre but I think it comes down to Blizzard holds the content they produce in much higher esteem than players do and they thought players would be content with having their progress slowed down.
    Blizzard slacked big time in Cata with the excuse of re-doing old world.

    I also bet all that Cata changes to old world did not improve their new player retention. Such a huge investment for remaking the old world and no benefit at the end. On top of that, lack of content in Cata lead to then current players to leave the game as well. Remaking old world was a lose-lose for Blizzard. They did not gain new players and lost current players.

    After cata disaster, they made MOP. MOP is the most contentious expansion with all the panda/china hate etc.

    If they kept making TBC/WotLK type expansions with 10 levels and lots of dungeons and raids instead of slacking and making rehashed content and half-size raid tiers, I believe their sub losses would be less than what it is now.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Let me help you.
    Hold my hand.

    You're talking of "pandas" or "demons" as if those "subjects" by themselves would be an index of something's maturity.
    "Demons" don't make a game grim, "pandas" don't make it childish.
    HOWEVER
    Pandas with "epicurean" and "bouncy" traits, with a "nomnom language" do.
    And to be honest, what really im struggling to understand and really is hard to decipher, is how you can't see that.
    I understand opinions are personal, you can like pandaren for the very same reasons I don't like them that's fine. But their traits, their language, their shape, sorry, they are hints to me that the pandaren weren't "taken seriously" when implemented.
    I don't like that, I don't like pandaren in this shape.
    I would have love them hunched and feral, like furbolgs.

    Am I a lol panda hater?
    I'm with you completely on this. I was one of the people who really wanted Pandaren to be in the game, I was looking forward to something like a furbolg drunken master type race. Instead we got american slapstick with china town aesthetics.

  10. #330
    Legendary! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,392
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Blizzard slacked big time in Cata with the excuse of re-doing old world.

    I also bet all that Cata changes to old world did not improve their new player retention. Such a huge investment for remaking the old world and no benefit at the end. On top of that, lack of content in Cata lead to then current players to leave the game as well. Remaking old world was a lose-lose for Blizzard. They did not gain new players and lost current players.


    After cata disaster, they made MOP. MOP is the most contentious expansion with all the panda/china hate etc.

    If they kept making TBC/WotLK type expansions with 10 levels and lots of dungeons and raids instead of slacking and making rehashed content and half-size raid tiers, I believe their sub losses would be less than what it is now.
    Wotlk type you say? Then you say no rehashes or half size raids..... What the fuck do you think ToC and Naxx was? LOL?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    This is bullshit and your basicly butthurt caus your favorite expansion didn't make the "best of all"

    let's face it , this game is almost 10 years old. People are moving on. Some go to LoL, some back to their PS4 , some only play it casual. Some like the "real" MMo feeling. The real MMO thing that, grind grind grind. Vanilla like, so they move on to other games.

    I for one , love fantasy and shit. Like the hobbit , LOTRO and the wow universe itself. But MoP...sorry but not my game. It is fun to play with friends sure. But what is their really to do after i capped my conquest and killed my LFR bosses for the week ? As a casual player who does not want to put much time in PVE nor PVP. That time has passed for me. I am not going to attach myself to "8 to 11" raiding anymore. And there are many like me.

    In wotlk you had an amazing story , lot's of casual PVE where you could clear content in 3-5 hours (like LFR but then people themself made the groups ) Arena was alot more fun. Even in cata i could camp rare pets , grind the factions like Rhamakan (mounts / enchant ) and for some reason PVP was not as imbalanced as now. Leveling an alt was quick and refreshing.

    Plus pandaria is basicly boring exept for Shrine. Thats the only place i visit. Shrine and the PvP vendors, oh and my weekly visit to the timeles isle for the world boss.

    So yes maybe it's MoP that is not appealing to me or it is just that i spend to much time in this game. Many friends don't play anymore and the one friends i spend alot of time with only PVES.

    this could be only me or this could be alot more people.
    Dude you can still clear raids on normal / heroic in under 5 hours. I'm sorry that requires being competent at the game.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "I don't like green because my cat died on a Thursday."
    There is no logic in that reasoning, but that does not make the opinion any less valid.
    You don't NEED any reasoning or explanation behind an opinion, that is why it's an opinion.
    No. If an opinion is based on facts or ideas that are invalid or objectively false, than it is not a valid opinion. Not all opinions are equal.

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Blizzard slacked big time in Cata with the excuse of re-doing old world.

    I also bet all that Cata changes to old world did not improve their new player retention. Such a huge investment for remaking the old world and no benefit at the end. On top of that, lack of content in Cata lead to then current players to leave the game as well. Remaking old world was a lose-lose for Blizzard. They did not gain new players and lost current players.

    After cata disaster, they made MOP. MOP is the most contentious expansion with all the panda/china hate etc.

    If they kept making TBC/WotLK type expansions with 10 levels and lots of dungeons and raids instead of slacking and making rehashed content and half-size raid tiers, I believe their sub losses would be less than what it is now.
    Exactly. God knows why they had to go and change their winning formula.

  13. #333
    The Patient Soulscorch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Const' Angeles, Romania
    Posts
    319
    Go play Duke Nukem if want a manly game. This is just like the period after the Garrosh kill cinematic came out when ppl (including some tard friends) screamed "ooh Vol'jin is so shitty how can he represent the horde he's skinny and ugly and not kewl" when in WC III he actually help to conquer the lands we now know as Durotar along with Thrall, Chen Stormstout (that u need to find first), Rexxar and many others.

    So yes Chen Stormstout has been in the lore far back and imo i don't consider pandaren as comedy characters, to me it just seems a behaviour - hybrid race that can be funny, aggresive and all confucious-like wise.
    Face your Demons, befriend them, listen to their needs and feed them regularly in times when you and your closest ones get afflicted the least. No one likes a hungry demon on the loose.

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    MoP came with Panda's (or how some prefer it: Pandaren).
    How much someone argues that these Pandaren have nothing to do KungFu Panda, if you just take a look at the whole thing, it is a copy.
    Don't think about it, just look.
    Why? Because if I thought about it I might go "Hmm... First appearance of Pandaren Brewmaster (Chen Stormstout). July, 2003. Kung Fu Panda premiere June, 2008."

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Why? Because if I thought about it I might go "Hmm... First appearance of Pandaren Brewmaster (Chen Stormstout). July, 2003. Kung Fu Panda premiere June, 2008."
    Ok ok
    *pat*
    You tried

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2013-10-20 at 04:42 PM.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulscorch View Post
    Go play Duke Nukem if want a manly game.
    What does the game where you play as a retarded blonde with extra pair of bollocks instead of brain has to do anything to do with this...
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What does the game where you play as a retarded blonde with extra pair of bollocks instead of brain has to do anything to do with this...
    What's a "manly video game" anyway?

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ok ok
    *pat*
    You tried
    You should be reported for doing that. Taunting have no place in a discussion forum.

  19. #339
    Brewmaster moremana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    That is your error right there, Pandaren existed way before Kung-Fu Panda.

    I still can't believe people make a big deal out of this 2 years later when we have talking cows in the game.
    Ahhh, this made me laugh. Good point. Myself, I dont care for the pandas, thats my choice, I do love my beasty ass druid cow though! Go figure.
    Corsair 600T - Seasonic X750 Gold PSU - Intel i7-4820K - Asus X79 Sabertooth - 32GB DDR3 2133MHz - Radeon R9-280X - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD - 1TB WD Black HDD - Windows 8.1

    "You are what your life says you are, nothing more, nothing less"


  20. #340
    Scarab Lord Nest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finlanders
    Posts
    4,840
    To me MoP feels like a filler expansion. First we get Illidan, Lich King and Deathwing, then a expansion with kung fu pandas and no clear "main boss".
    Heyoo!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •