Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    The only reason I answered your post was because I felt this line "I hope they realize how great what they have designed is even against the sub loss and ever growing age of internet nerd ragery." implied that those of us critiquing it are nothing but nerd ragers, which I tried to demonstrate is not true through what I hope was reasonable language and temperament in my response..
    So you made an assumption, which was not true, then responded based on that? Why am I not surprised? It was a general statement aimed at no one in particular. Especially given the fact that I didn't quote anyone, but felt like giving my positive opinion of something, you can see how even with seemingly reasonable language it was a little uncalled for.

Especially after you pretty much argued against everyone's opinion for the entire last few pages. Let's not be coy here. I like Pandaren and this entire expansion just fine and wasn't talking to you in any way. Arguing against my opinion wasn't necessary. We can agree to disagree and be on our way.

PS: Saying the 'age of nerd ragery' pretty much is a direct statement that I'm talking about a very general concept. So it seems like you just wanted to pick another fight in your battle for this thread.
    BAD WOLF

I sit with the feeling that Pandaria would be an excellent spin-off to WoW tbh. I don't think it deserves a place within the WoW MMO though. But that is my personal opinion, I don't mind the teddybears and the expansion will end, bringing us a theme that hopefully will be more fitting in my eyes. Mind you, I am a lore fanatic and it is due to lore reasons and lore direction I feel they don't fit as a part of this current game. If WoW2 was released tomorrow, I would bring in both Pandaria as a Zone AND Pandaren as a neutral, playable race. But I wouldn't do it now, simply because I don't feel it's story relevant.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So you made an assumption, which was not true, then responded based on that? Why am I not surprised? It was a general statement aimed at no one in particular. Especially given the fact that I didn't quote anyone, but felt like giving my positive opinion of something, you can see how even with seemingly reasonable language it was a little uncalled for.

Especially after you pretty much argued against everyone's opinion for the entire last few pages. Let's not be coy here. I like Pandaren and this entire expansion just fine and wasn't talking to you in any way. Arguing against my opinion wasn't necessary. We can agree to disagree and be on our way.

PS: Saying the 'age of nerd ragery' pretty much is a direct statement that I'm talking about a very general concept. So it seems like you just wanted to pick another fight in your battle for this thread.
    I've only started posting in this thread today I haven't been battling for it for the past 15 pages before 18. That aside, let's agree to disagree as you say. Just for the record, I specifically typed "...I felt this line "quote" implied..." to imply that I might be wrong about it, and that you weren't implying anything, and it turns out I was indeed wrong about my feeling, which I admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    “Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis
    C.S. Lewis, so much more eloquent than anything i could ever come up with!

/thumbsup

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Immature young or older people is the reason why Mists of Pandaria didn't "fit" the World of Warcraft universe, in their mind.
    And your age is ...