Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Something I noticed about the schedule.

There is absolutely nothing about Titan on the schedule at all, I was expecting maybe a little something. But there is nothing.

Isn't that still speculation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's new MMO? No.

Quite sure they said they didn't like where titan was headed so they restarted the project.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ase-Until-2016

Edit: I found the source! YAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan was officially shelved, why are you surprised that there'd be no new info?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Quite sure they said they didn't like where titan was headed so they restarted the project.
    Can't find a source so it may only have been my imagination
    And mine.

/10char

Deleted
    Can't find a source so it may only have been my imagination
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...yed-until-2016

Indeed they did. There's really no reason for them to talk about it yet. Not that there was even if the project wasn't restarted.
    Last edited by mmoc1e89a99e36; 2013-10-18 at 07:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just surprised because they could have maybe explained why it was shelved/restarted and gave us a clue on what they have planned. It has been years since they announced they were making a new MMO so one would think they would at least give us a little information.

Wow new expansion
    Heroes of the storm
    Diablo 3 new expansion
    Hearthstone
    Probably something About Legacy of the Void
    Warcraft Movie

Not enough?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how the project was recently re-worked and some of the crew working on it was re-located id be surprised to see any major news about it for another year, just my thoughts though

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Titan was officially shelved, why are you surprised that there'd be no new info?
    "We've come to a point where we need to make some large design and technology changes to the game" = shelved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about Titan on the schedule at all, I was expecting maybe a little something. But there is nothing.
    They can make announcement and play intro/trailer during the opening ceremony.

Just surprised because they could have maybe explained why it was shelved/restarted and gave us a clue on what they have planned. It has been years since they announced they were making a new MMO so one would think they would at least give us a little information.
    They never said it would be an MMO, it's also had a huge amount of staff moved off the game and to WoW, and the project shelved/restarted.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    If titan isnt based in an existing universe such as warcraft or starcraft, it will fail. Im calling it now. One of the main reasons gained as much traction as it did is because it was basically a platform to explore the Warcraft universe in 3d. Its like when movies are based on popular movies. It gives you new perspective on a universe your already know and love.

Titan should be set in the warcraft universe. It doesnt need to be a direct sequal, it could be set in the future or a distant galaxy or perhaps before the creation of azeroth. Perhaps it could be set during the rise or origination of the titans or maybe set in a distant planet that was shattered by the legion forcing its inhabitants to buggy out in search of a new home. The possibilities are endless and would really enrich the warcraft universe while creating a compelling and fresh story line.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    They never said it would be an MMO, it's also had a huge amount of staff moved off the game and to WoW, and the project shelved/restarted.
    Um, yes they very well did say it was an MMO.

From the very first time we heard of Titan (Kaplan being moved to the new project):
    "I wanted to take a moment to let the community know that I've switched roles here at Blizzard to work on our upcoming, unannounced MMO. World of Warcraft has been such a central part of my life these past six and a half years, and it's success would not have been possible without the tremendous community around it, so I wanted to say thank you to all our players who've shared this amazing experience with us so far. "

10+ Year Old Account
    "We've come to a point where we need to make some large design and technology changes to the game" = shelved?
    "A smaller dev team will be in charge of redesigning the project and about 60 or 70 developers are being moved to other teams (WoW, Blizzard All-Stars, Diablo 3 expansion, Battle.net)"

Moving a big chunk of the workforce off it sounds like shelved to me. Shelved =/= discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Deshow View Post
    If titan isnt based in an existing universe such as warcraft or starcraft, it will fail. Im calling it now. One of the main reasons gained as much traction as it did is because it was basically a platform to explore the Warcraft universe in 3d. Its like when movies are based on popular movies. It gives you new perspective on a universe your already know and love.

Titan should be set in the warcraft universe. It doesnt need to be a direct sequal, it could be set in the future or a distant galaxy or perhaps before the creation of azeroth. Perhaps it could be set during the rise or origination of the titans or maybe set in a distant planet that was shattered by the legion forcing its inhabitants to buggy out in search of a new home. The possibilities are endless and would really enrich the warcraft universe while creating a compelling and fresh story line.
    If an MMO's success is based on the fame of the franchise...shouldn't SW:TOR have been by and large the biggest MMO ever? Not only does it have one of the most revered franchises of all time behind it, it also had the KOTOR games. Yet it's subscriber count peaked at 2 million and dwindled less than a year after release.

WoW was not only successful because of the Warcraft franchise. WoW was a next-gen MMO: it had many characteristics and features that were completely game-changing for MMOs at the time, its accessibility being one of them (You may think of Vanilla wow as being hardcore, but it really was nothing compared to older MMOs like Everquest), a large, immersive and seamless 3D world being another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    "A smaller dev team will be in charge of redesigning the project and about 60 or 70 developers are being moved to other teams (WoW, Blizzard All-Stars, Diablo 3 expansion, Battle.net)"

Moving a big chunk of the workforce off it sounds like shelved to me. Shelved =/= discontinued.
    The meaning of the word "shelved"" is to entirely postpone a project, either temporarily or permanently. You may call Titan's current status "shelved" but as i see it, it has not been completely postponed as there are still developers actively working on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    snip
    Sure but dont you agree its more difficult to establish an mmo without an already existing franchise? I never said that an existing lore and franchise was everything, just that it was a huge contributing factor and if done right can out perform any other "new ip"

Deleted
    3 years ! It's a bit early to have an intro or anything, isn't it ?
    We haven't even a clue of what it will talk about.
    Maybe on the next Blizzcon in two years we'll hear about it, but it's too soon for a project that's been rebooted.
    It's their next planned big thing, they want to do it right even for a preview or a teaser.

Titan got scrapped. Essentially they're starting it all over, so we wont be hearing about it for a looooong time.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno