Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I would recommend 2-healing as it helps down the waves faster. Just make sure you have people on the ball when you capture a tower to shoot the drakes down; that "Drakefire" hits for like 250k a shot, so half health of most average geared players.

Disclaimer: My guild hasn't killed him yet.
    Just thought I'd comment on this to say that drake damage gets higher the longer they are up (I believe it caps at 15 stacks though, which will do 250k~ damage in 10N). Generally the most hectic part in P1 for healing is the 30 seconds or so that your tower team is running/killing the miniboss as you'll have the most drakes and the drakes will have a lot of stacks. Popping a healing/mitigation cooldown here is a good idea as it'll be back up in p2 when you want it. Also make sure you're saving healing cd's in p2 for sub 60% or so (pop one at 50-60% and another at ~20%, attrition style). Killing the shamans and totems needs to be high priority, letting heals go off will require a lot more damage. Personally I would send both dk's up the tower, warlocks have great cleave/aoe (although so do dk's, but the bottom is a little melee unfriendly), mages and hunters also put out very nice cleave/aoe numbers so the class makeup is good, note if you're having dps issues and enemy heals are going off, that's likely the issue.

I think your dps is a little low for 540 ilvl (do they have capes?), it depends on specs and itemisation too but I think most people should be around the 200k mark as a minimum in that gear, it may drop a bit in p2 if people get targetted by fire (melee is prone to this). I currently raid with two groups, one with lower dps gear (around your level but min ~175k at the end of the fight) which 3 heals it, the other is quite good (dps 220k+ I don't really keep track though) and we 2 heal that.

If your healers aren't geared or skilled I would probably recommend 3 healing it, what potential healers do you have btw?

Edit: Druid and Shaman are probably the best two healers for p2, if they are decent I would recommend two healing it. For HPS reference I noticed I (resto druid) was doing ~110k hps while on the ground in p1 and maybe 120k~ after p2 is over, make sure your druid is popping his mushrooms in p2. Our disc priest (who goes up towers) was maybe 80k in p1 and spiking to ~100k after p2 is finished.
    Last edited by adynn; 2013-10-18 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    Just thought I'd comment on this to say that drake damage gets higher the longer they are up (I believe it caps at 15 stacks though, which will do 250k~ damage in 10N). Generally the most hectic part in P1 for healing is the 30 seconds or so that your tower team is running/killing the miniboss as you'll have the most drakes and the drakes will have a lot of stacks. Popping a healing/mitigation cooldown here is a good idea as it'll be back up in p2 when you want it. Also make sure you're saving healing cd's in p2 for sub 60% or so (pop one at 50-60% and another at ~20%, attrition style). Killing the shamans and totems needs to be high priority, letting heals go off will require a lot more damage. Personally I would send both dk's up the tower, warlocks have great cleave/aoe (although so do dk's, but the bottom is a little melee unfriendly), mages and hunters also put out very nice cleave/aoe numbers so the class makeup is good, note if you're having dps issues and enemy heals are going off, that's likely the issue.

I think your dps is a little low for 540 ilvl (do they have capes?), it depends on specs and itemisation too but I think most people should be around the 200k mark as a minimum in that gear, it may drop a bit in p2 if people get targetted by fire (melee is prone to this). I currently raid with two groups, one with lower dps gear (around your level but min ~175k at the end of the fight) which 3 heals it, the other is quite good (dps 220k+ I don't really keep track though) and we 2 heal that.

If your healers aren't geared or skilled I would probably recommend 3 healing it, what potential healers do you have btw?

Edit: Druid and Shaman are probably the best two healers for p2, if they are decent I would recommend two healing it. For HPS reference I noticed I (resto druid) was doing ~110k hps while on the ground in p1 and maybe 120k~ after p2 is over, make sure your druid is popping his mushrooms in p2. Our disc priest (who goes up towers) was maybe 80k in p1 and spiking to ~100k after p2 is finished.
    Some DPS have the cloak but not all - a lot returned to 5.4 like me so are playing catch up Potential healers are a 530ish rshaman, 540 hpala 545 rdruid - (if they ever turn up!! :P) Our dps will usually be 2x dks, a spriest, a warlock and an ele shaman if he decides to come with us (otherwise we get a PuG). All of these guys are 545 +

The first 3 waves are fine. It's the transition of tower > back down that hurts us but i think that will just come with practice...

Thanks all for the tips - Hoping we can get him down within a few attempts on Sunday when everyone is fresh ^^

edit: one of our dks has a 483 weapon - he missed a raid last reset where a warforged 2h dropped and it went to the tank for *offspec* haha
    Last edited by jijuiji; 2013-10-18 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, granted these logs are for H, so it may not be relevant? http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iq...?s=7275&e=8061

BUT my fellow Rsham and I both feel damage feels almost exactly the same up until the last phase so that's why I'm throwing input in.

Two heal is definitely the way to go though your dps is in a pretty good range imo the biggest problem we had in the beginning was the drake fire. Like Nobleshield mentioned it hits like a damn truck.

Send some bursty dps, preferably not melee in our experience into the towers and get the drakes down quick. I'd almost send the Druid up in the towers and leave the Sham below but only going off of MW ~= Druid. And you're probably doing it already but keeping the mobs in the Flamestrike that one of the NPC's drops helps quite a bit.

Killing the totems QUICKLY however is going to be the biggest thing. Those things will make or break the raid so make sure your DPS know that needs to be priority regardless of situation. Good luck!

If you 2 heal, you are going to have to be extremely good about chaining CDs after the boss is down. If your dps is on the low side, the second phase will be drawn out and will be very taxing on your healers.

We 2 healed our first handful of attempts, always wiping in the last phase. We switched to 3 and killed it the next try.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to point out that between Efflo/Bloom and Healing Rain and 3 healing cooldowns between them, phase 2 should be quite easy to 2 heal.

Deleted
    Our last kill we 3 healed, Resto shaman(me) and druid staying down, and another resto druid going to towers. DPS at the bottom were arms warrior, fire mage, SV hunter, and prot paladin. All were doing 130k-220k DPS including the tank, so not especially high, but easily enough. Sounds like its actually similar numbers to your group, which makes me think its a problem with the execution rather than the actual damage output. What kind of damage is your warrior tank doing on that fight, just out of curiosity? I'm just thinking you as a brewmaster monk may do a little more damage than them, though i havent raided with a BM monk for some time so im not positive.

Just another example..our first kill a few weeks ago, our top DPS was 207k, everyone else was 175k-160k, and we killed it with 3 healers. As a couple of others said its just really important to focus the right things, totems, banners, etc. It should be easily doable with 3 healers and the DPS you have.
    Last edited by mmoca5c664eafa; 2013-10-18 at 03:44 PM.

We 3-healed it doing p2 in one stack at an average ilvl of 520 and nearly no legendary cloaks/gems since our entire team has been inactive since t14. However, splitting the raid in to 2 groups (simply make 2 lines from the boss, one melee in each line if you have 2 and 2-3 casters in each) makes the healing so much easier in p2 and your healers really shouldn't struggle that bad in p1 even if they're just 2.

...........X
    ........o.....o
    ......./........\
    .....c...........c

x=boss; o=melee; c=casters

EDIT: I'm not sure how you can possibly fail the DPS requirement in the first phase with DPS around 540 ilvl. Put more emphasis on killing totems/banners and use as many healer/tank knockbacks/stuns to handle fracture if that's an issue. Typhoon is great for example!
    Last edited by Arainie; 2013-10-18 at 04:03 PM.

We 3 heal, but 2 heal is completely viable, especially as your issue stems from needing more DPS. GL
    Stay salty my friends.

I would think at 540 or 545 ilevel, you would be able to deal with this at 5 DPS. You can chuck a 6th at it, but you may also want to figure out why you are wiping. Are the DPS not interrupting the shaman?

200k DPS sounds legit to me, even in an aoe fight. There's going to be downtime and such, so it's not a great fight for meters TBH. The tank does seem a bit undergeared, but not incredibly so.

How are the tower DPs doing? can you spare one of them for the ground?

We 2 heal it, P2 we all stack together. If someone gets 5+ stacks, they run out to drop them, but it doesnt happen often.