Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Raids it would have been funny to see LFR try to do.

If LFR existed only as a tool with no dumbed down encounters, which raids would have just been brutal to try and finish? And please dont just say "All of them" Some raids were just pushovers, even in PuGs.

Heroic Lich King
    Pre-nerf C'thun
    Yogg-0
    Prenerf M'uru

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    If LFR existed only as a tool with no dumbed down encounters, which raids would have just been brutal to try and finish? And please dont just say "All of them" Some raids were just pushovers, even in PuGs.

Heroic Lich King
    Pre-nerf C'thun
    Yogg-0
    Prenerf M'uru
    While that is true, those PUGs had a certain requirement, gearscore/ilevel/whatever, while LFR has only one requirement - ilvl, which isn't that high anyway. A LFR group would wipe on Lord Marrowgar normal, it's far from being an ordinary PUG. So I'm saying all of them.

There would actually be a lot because a lot require coordination.

-I see griefing on Solarian with the bomb people exploding and killing people in range. Although they'd probably nerf the damage.
    -I see void reaver being funny but again they'd likely just nerf damage.
    -Kael would likely be difficult
    -ODS because it would be like paragons with tons of abilities
    -Anything from mount hyjal...

And I'm sure tons more though if they nerfed the damage on most it wouldn't be too bad. But yeah, the average LFR player is just stupid so anything with difficult mechanics that can wipe raids would cause griefing or just failure and there used to be a lot of those.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I don't think any of it would be difficult. there are mechanics that would be removed and others nerfed. It'll be just like now. A couple cock block bosses, a couple wipe 2-3 times before it's easy mode forever, and then the other 50% that are afk/autoattack loot pinatas.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Durumu LFR.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Come on. Thok normalmode for example is way enough.

Deleted
    Mimiron Firefighter 25

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    A LFR group would wipe on Lord Marrowgar normal.
    What version of Marrowgar? The latest one is damn easy. The first one on the other side was funny to play

Almost none.
    LFR is designed to be easier than easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be absolutely hilarious to watch a random group attempt to kill Princess Huhu, or Illidan. Huhuran, only because it would literally be impossible without the resist gear (and the amount of QQ after the brutal wipe due to "impossible mechanics" without the right gear would be hilllarriousss)...and Illidan because of the Flames of Azzinoth.

(This is assuming I'm answering the questions as the OP stated, which would be basically be the old raid finder tool without any dumbed down encounters.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything that required group coordination!
    Just from the Burning Crusade:
    Karazhan Netherspite - people switching to actually take beams Chess Event - people having any sort of real chess strategy
    Magtheridon's Lair Magtheridon - having everyone "click" the boxes at the exact same time
    Serpentshrine Cavern Fathom-Lod Karathress - zerging down correct targets while tanks maintain a specific kite pattern Lady Vashj - opening up your inventory and selecting a player to pass a ball to that would be capable of passing it again...
    Tempest Keep Kael'thas Sunstrider - so many phases and you get cc'd abilities if you do bad, no one would be able to do anything.
    Battle for Mount Hyjal Azgalor - soft enrage from eventual death (rng of who got it) Archimonde - clicking your tears at the right time to not fall to your death, kiting fire the right way
    Black Temple Naj'entus - taking out the splinter from people and then using it against him to break his bubble Shade of Akama - add control Reliquary of Souls - people not attack something and have coordinated interrupts Illidan Stormrage - yea....don't really have much to say for this one
    Sunwell Plateau Kalecgos - Coordinated dps in both realms Eredar Twins - Dropping fire in the correct spots in a small room Muru - yea....
    Last edited by Paloro; 2013-10-18 at 02:47 PM.

I'm not sure I understand the point of this thread.

If the mechanics or fights isn't "dumbed down" or otherwise reduced in difficulty, what is the point of discussing it in relation to LFR? The point of LFR has always been a sub-normal difficulty mode for new or non-raiders without a steady normal group, since its inception. "These fights were so hard people without Vent or prior knowledge of mechanics or a coordinated pre-made team could never do them!" That doesn't say much.

This discussion, to me, essentially proves why LFR needs to be a reduced difficulty mode to be successful. Groups without sufficient communication simply cannot do some of the mechanics in certain fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    Almost none.
    LFR is designed to be easier than easy.
    I mean if the content wasnt dumbed down for LFR. Talking normal or even heroic difficulty with every single mechanic. Nothing left out at all.

This just smells like another repackaged "lfr people are bad lol" thread. But the fact is any time anybody steps forward and shows real leadership, amazing things happen. Like 1 shoting spoils, and not just 1 shotting it, but making it feel like free loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    This discussion, to me, essentially proves why LFR needs to be a reduced difficulty mode to be successful. Groups without sufficient communication simply cannot do some of the mechanics in certain fights.
    I dont think LFR does need dumbing down. I remember PuGing the first wing of ICC the day it opened. We one shot everything but failed at Saurfang. It was also a true PuG. I think only 2 of the 10 people were from the same guild. Also gear wasnt that great, no full 25 ToGC for example. People used to PuG Kara and ZA on my server all the time with a few tier 4/5 raids as well and Maly and Sarth (usually only 1 left up) I mean do people actually think even a LFR raid would wipe on gunship? Also when they released the weekly raid kills did all of those very easily as PuGs.
    Last edited by tiffy33; 2013-10-18 at 03:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this thread.

If the mechanics or fights isn't "dumbed down" or otherwise reduced in difficulty, what is the point of discussing it in relation to LFR? ...
    I think the way they stated the question wasn't quite right. Sounds like the question is, "If players could use a LFG tool to form a raid, what encounters would they struggle on the most?" As for the "LFR" part of it...guessing it was used to indicate a general lack of communication or distinct raid leader to lead the encounter, compared to a typical raid back in the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    mimiron HM. But about LFR people are bad people: It are mainly the same ppl you raid with. The only difference is that LFR has a bad reputation, is considerd quite boring so noone puts an effort in it which makes it harder (think about (half) AFKers).
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    Anything that required group coordination!
    Just from the Burning Crusade:
    Karazhan Netherspite - people switching to actually take beams Chess Event - people having any sort of real chess strategy
    Magtheridon's Lair Magtheridon - having everyone "click" the boxes at the exact same time
    Serpentshrine Cavern Fathom-Lod Karathress - zerging down correct targets while tanks maintain a specific kite pattern Lady Vashj - opening up your inventory and selecting a player to pass a ball to that would be capable of passing it again...
    Tempest Keep Kael'thas Sunstrider - so many phases and you get cc'd abilities if you do bad, no one would be able to do anything.
    Battle for Mount Hyjal Azgalor - soft enrage from eventual death (rng of who got it) Archimonde - clicking your tears at the right time to not fall to your death, kiting fire the right way
    Black Temple Naj'entus - taking out the splinter from people and then using it against him to break his bubble Shade of Akama - add control Reliquary of Souls - people not attack something and have coordinated interrupts Illidan Stormrage - yea....don't really have much to say for this one
    Sunwell Plateau Kalecgos - Coordinated dps in both realms Eredar Twins - Dropping fire in the correct spots in a small room Muru - yea....
    You might want to add Romeo & Juliet or likewise bosses to that list. In LFR it would be a neverending fight with no enrage timer...and good luck trying to get people to stop healing/tanking to call a wipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    mimiron HM. But about LFR people are bad people: It are mainly the same ppl you raid with. The only difference is that LFR has a bad reputation, is considerd quite boring so noone puts an effort in it which makes it harder (think about (half) AFKers).
    Nah, most people just are really bad. LFR has always been carried by 3-6 geared people while the rest is picknig their noses.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    I dont think LFR does need dumbing down. I remember PuGing the first wing of ICC the day it opened. We one shot everything but failed at Saurfang. It was also a true PuG. I think only 2 of the 10 people were from the same guild. Also gear wasnt that great, no full 25 ToGC for example. People used to PuG Kara and ZA on my server all the time with a few tier 4/5 raids as well and Maly and Sarth (usually only 1 left up) I mean do people actually think even a LFR raid would wipe on gunship? Also when they released the weekly raid kills did all of those very easily as PuGs.
    Don't forget that 10m was an easier difficulty than 25m during Wrath of the Lich King. It's isn't now, but it was the Flex Mode of its day. It is very unlikely that a 25m LFR group with no voice communication and no dedicated raid leader could clear 25m ICC at-level, at-gear, and with no difficulty reductions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalicat View Post
    I think the way they stated the question wasn't quite right. Sounds like the question is, "If players could use a LFG tool to form a raid, what encounters would they struggle on the most?" As for the "LFR" part of it...guessing it was used to indicate a general lack of communication or distinct raid leader to lead the encounter, compared to a typical raid back in the day.
    Raiding back in the day was a special snowflake circle jerk pretty much.

You had to spend hours doing the attunement and blowing sunshine up the guild leaders ass, and then once you're in, the mechanics were absurdly simple when compared to now.