Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Why would they speak up before BlizzCon? People are still believing it.
    because they would want people to know they were the ones who even made boub post it on the front page.

    like thr guy who made the fake logo for dark below, people were still believing that when he revealed it.
    Too cool for a signature

  2. #22
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,737
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    because they would want people to know they were the ones who even made boub post it on the front page.

    like thr guy who made the fake logo for dark below, people were still believing that when he revealed it.
    Or the guy with the fake expansion roadmap.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  3. #23
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    anyway, fairly sure dark below isn't real, but the real one is already trademarked, just in the same style of hearthstone, hearthstone was probably a test to see if they could hide it that way.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Or the guy with the fake expansion roadmap.

    hm, whats that?
    Too cool for a signature

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer CosmicGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    because they would want people to know they were the ones who even made boub post it on the front page.

    like thr guy who made the fake logo for dark below, people were still believing that when he revealed it.
    The step between creating a fake image in photoshop and filing a fraudulent trademark is a pretty big one, in my opinion.

  5. #25
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    I'm hoping they can keep it quiet till they need it. I mean couldn't they time it so the patent shows up as the trailer is running so MMO doesn't fill the front page with 'such and such' patented?

    Having said that, it's possible for the patent to show up at any moment I guess.

    most likely it will show up a day before blizzcon, thats what im hoping anyway, keep it quiet as long as possible.
    Too cool for a signature

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer CosmicGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    anyway, fairly sure dark below isn't real, but the real one is already trademarked, just in the same style of hearthstone, hearthstone was probably a test to see if they could hide it that way.

    - - - Updated - - -




    hm, whats that?
    He's referring to:

    Draenor Set

    Azuremyst Isle - 1 to 10
    Bloodmyrk Isle - 10 to 20

    Eversong Forest - 1 to 10
    Quel'thalas - 10 to 20
    Hellfire Peninsula - 58 to 62
    Zangarmarsh - 60 to 64
    Terokkar Forest - 61 to 65
    The Deadlands - 63 to 67
    Nagrand - 64 to 68
    Blade's Edge Mountains - 66 to 70
    Netherstorm - 67 to 70
    Shadowmoon Valley - 69 to 70

    Northrend Set

    Borean Tundra - 67 to 70
    Howling Fjord - 67 to 70
    Dragonblight - 69 to 72
    Grizzly Hills - 70 to 73
    Crystalsong Forest - 72 to 75
    Zul'drak - 73 to 76
    Sholazar Basin - 75 to 79
    Storm Peaks - 76 to 80
    Icecrown Glacier - 78 to 80

    Maelstrom Set

    Gilneas - 77 to 80
    Grim Batol - 78 to 81
    Kul Tiras - 79 to 82
    Kezan - 81 to 86
    Tel Abim - 83 to 85
    Zandalar - 84 to 87
    Plunder Isle - 86 to 88
    The Broken Isles - 87 to 90
    The Maelstrom - 89 to 90

    Plane Set

    Pandaria - 1 to 10
    Hiji - 10 to 20

    Wolfenhold - 1 to 10
    Xorothian Plains - 10 to 20

    The Green Lands - 88 to 91
    The Dying Paradise - 91 to 94
    The Emerald Nightmare - 94 to 97
    The Eye of Ysera - 97 to 100

    Deephome - 88 to 91
    Skywall - 91 to 94
    The Abyssal Maw - 94 to 97
    The Firelands - 97 to 100

    Legion Set

    K'aresh - 96 to 99
    Argus Meadowlands - 97 to 100
    Mac'Aree - 99 to 100
    Maw of Oblivion - 100+
    The Burning Citadel - 100+++
    A fake expansion set list somebody came up with and people still swear is real to this day.

  7. #27
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,737
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    anyway, fairly sure dark below isn't real, but the real one is already trademarked, just in the same style of hearthstone, hearthstone was probably a test to see if they could hide it that way.

    - - - Updated - - -




    hm, whats that?
    I can't find it because of the popularity of the 2011 leak, but it was a list of stuff like "Elemental Set" and "Great Sea Set" and it listed a bunch of zones and level ranges.

    Came out during Wrath beta, got everything after Wrath wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    He's referring to:

    Draenor Set

    Azuremyst Isle - 1 to 10
    Bloodmyrk Isle - 10 to 20

    Eversong Forest - 1 to 10
    Quel'thalas - 10 to 20
    Hellfire Peninsula - 58 to 62
    Zangarmarsh - 60 to 64
    Terokkar Forest - 61 to 65
    The Deadlands - 63 to 67
    Nagrand - 64 to 68
    Blade's Edge Mountains - 66 to 70
    Netherstorm - 67 to 70
    Shadowmoon Valley - 69 to 70

    Northrend Set

    Borean Tundra - 67 to 70
    Howling Fjord - 67 to 70
    Dragonblight - 69 to 72
    Grizzly Hills - 70 to 73
    Crystalsong Forest - 72 to 75
    Zul'drak - 73 to 76
    Sholazar Basin - 75 to 79
    Storm Peaks - 76 to 80
    Icecrown Glacier - 78 to 80

    Maelstrom Set

    Gilneas - 77 to 80
    Grim Batol - 78 to 81
    Kul Tiras - 79 to 82
    Kezan - 81 to 86
    Tel Abim - 83 to 85
    Zandalar - 84 to 87
    Plunder Isle - 86 to 88
    The Broken Isles - 87 to 90
    The Maelstrom - 89 to 90

    Plane Set

    Pandaria - 1 to 10
    Hiji - 10 to 20

    Wolfenhold - 1 to 10
    Xorothian Plains - 10 to 20

    The Green Lands - 88 to 91
    The Dying Paradise - 91 to 94
    The Emerald Nightmare - 94 to 97
    The Eye of Ysera - 97 to 100

    Deephome - 88 to 91
    Skywall - 91 to 94
    The Abyssal Maw - 94 to 97
    The Firelands - 97 to 100

    Legion Set

    K'aresh - 96 to 99
    Argus Meadowlands - 97 to 100
    Mac'Aree - 99 to 100
    Maw of Oblivion - 100+
    The Burning Citadel - 100+++
    That's it.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  8. #28
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,243
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    He's referring to:



    A fake expansion set list somebody came up with and people still swear is real to this day.

    oh that one, that one has been confirmed/proven fake many times.
    Too cool for a signature

  9. #29
    There's several threads on this topic, already.
    Enjoyed Draenor questing. If you ignore the end of Nagrand, it's almost as good as 5.0.

  10. #30
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where the wind carry my wings
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the only thing that points to dark below maybe not being a hoax, is no one admitting to it yet, i have a hard time believing some troll went to the effort of trademarking it in multiple countries and kept quiet for this long. im sure they would have come out by now and revealed it as a hoax.

    guess we find out in 20days!
    Even if it was posted in multiple countries, it could have been different guys, following a copycat effect.
    Anyway, I don't think, if it's an hoax, that the guy(s) that did it would reveal themselves so soon, and that they are probably behind some of the "The Dark Below is the next expansion" threads, fuelling their troll...

    Let's wait the Blizzcon, people, 20 days are not.... so.... hard.... to.... wait.... T_T

  11. #31
    Nice thing about a Hoax... it creates hype for whatever is about to be announced.

  12. #32
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,150
    For all we know, it is registered somewhere. They were pretty crafty with Hearthstone.

    They could file it in the US the morning of Blizzcon if they wanted. I think in Wrath it was only a few days in advance.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    For all we know, it is registered somewhere. They were pretty crafty with Hearthstone.

    They could file it in the US the morning of Blizzcon if they wanted. I think in Wrath it was only a few days in advance.
    *muttering about mods not reading before posting*

  14. #34
    The Patient Neforpubl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Not every name has to be trademarked..... maybe they will use something as: return of the burning legion.
    In this case, which is an example, they don't need to trademark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    For all we know, it is registered somewhere. They were pretty crafty with Hearthstone.

    They could file it in the US the morning of Blizzcon if they wanted. I think in Wrath it was only a few days in advance.
    I like sloths.

    On topic. MoP was trademarked months behind. But I think Blizz has learned their lesson and is tired of us finding shit out ahead of time, kind of spoils the fun. So they are probably pulling that hearthstone shit on us again. Or they are going to do it at the last minute. Either way we will find out about it in a couple weeks.

    Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

  15. #35
    Reaper of Souls and Hearthstone were hidden until they wanted to announce, I think WoW will be the same.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    oh that one, that one has been confirmed/proven fake many times.
    I'm not sure it's "fake". When it was leaked, WoW was young. Their plans could've easily just evolved over time. If anything, I think it's pretty accurate for something THAT old and I have no hard time imagining it being a rough outline of where they wanted to go with the game back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  16. #36
    So...How many days was it between the reaper of souls trademark and blizzard announcing it on their website? It was like 2 or so as far as I remember. I see no reason why they wont do the same with WoW.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Reaper of Souls and Hearthstone were hidden until they wanted to announce, I think WoW will be the same.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm not sure it's "fake". When it was leaked, WoW was young. Their plans could've easily just evolved over time. If anything, I think it's pretty accurate for something THAT old and I have no hard time imagining it being a rough outline of where they wanted to go with the game back then.
    It was actually just an outline of locations from the rpg book.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'm not sure it's "fake". When it was leaked, WoW was young. Their plans could've easily just evolved over time. If anything, I think it's pretty accurate for something THAT old and I have no hard time imagining it being a rough outline of where they wanted to go with the game back then.
    WotLK and before are accurate because they were already known at the time(it only appeared after the WotLK announcement). The rest were just educated guesses. It's not real, and never has been.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •