Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garrosh help 10 man, Last phase

I am pretty much at the end of my rope on this boss seeing as stuff always seems to go to hell once we get to the last phase. We have one great healer and two OK healers so we were forced to 3 heal the fight. We seem to mess up when empowered MC's go out, ppl just all of a sudden go mute and can't call out who is next on interrupts. My solution is to just stack on the tanks/melee for it so that everybody is breaking MC's super fast. Rip the below apart, I don't mind at all as I have let my group know how I feel about these attempts already. I'm on the weapons for only the first phase (I havoc a couple afterwards for embers) and our hunter is on the engineer:

2 healing:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mx0obbreaunqvwsf/

3 healing:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qqvff4j5snit297r/

Your dps seems to be fine but if its empowered mc that's fuckig you it's on the raid as a whole not dps or heals. Stick with 2 healing it so that you only get 2 intermissions before phase 3 it makes it so much easier. If you time your lust properly, around 14%, you avoid any adds and mc heading into phase 3 and he will be around 20-21% once he heals and you will get 1-2 add sets, the second set you can ignore if u get it, and 1 empowered MC before he dies. You have the right idea tho stacking for the mc.

Well two healing it wasn't viable imo because the healers couldn't deal with the empowered whirling corruptions and everybody spread out, i know i know they are not that good. Worst part about it is that our best healer is the only one with a DPS OS.

No other options here? lol

I didnt pour over logs, but we tried 2 and 3 healing and I would second 2 healing. With 2 heals, we wiped to second adds+MC in final phase at like 2% last week (this was our second time seeing phase 3 mind you). If we had done as the poster above mentioned, ignoring second adds and prepping for the MC, we would have a kill. With a planned CD rotation and some practice, 2 healing was a totally viable and better option for my raid.

When everyone is spread just make sure you use Raid CDs that have a large area of effect. Pally devo aura, warrior cry and demo banner, personals, healthstones. Plan your CDs out and stick to that rotation. This will provide some consistency so healers can figure out which of their CDs is necessary to survive the whirls.

To figure out CD timing we just used a video to see approximately when abilities come. You should only get 2 whirls in phases 2 and 3 when you 2 heal. Keep in mind that whatever 3 min CDs you use for Phase 2 - Whirl 1, will not be up for Phase 3 - Whirl 1, so space them accordingly.

Hope this helped at least a little. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    Well two healing it wasn't viable imo because the healers couldn't deal with the empowered whirling corruptions and everybody spread out, i know i know they are not that good. Worst part about it is that our best healer is the only one with a DPS OS.
    If you do not have superb dps 3 healing isn't viable. You dont want a 3rd intermission. With practice you will get better at getting the adds down quickly and getting more dps on the boss.

But as far as empowered whirling goes. A couple things we do --- We move out WAY ahead of time, 5-6 seconds and get very very far from boss. The tank then drags garrosh closer to us once it's over and we are all spread out on the wall. We use Rallying Cry + Devo Aura + Healthstones on the first one. 2nd one we use Healing Tide, Devotion Aura and Personal CDs+Healthstones. Empowered whirling will rarely kill people but often get them quite low hp.

The final phase in my opinion can be alot easier if you get a very clean transition, you want him to hit 10% right as the last add dies. Heroism immediately when he is RPing over and destroy him, he should be around 15-20% when he comes out of the RP and throw his first desecrate. After that we run across the room with druid boost and prepare for the first MC, after that , we ignore adds on the whirling , let our offtank kite them and finish boss. It's usually a cluster fuck at this point but the #1 thing to remember is DO NOT AOE ADDS and DO NOT IGNORE MCs. If the boss is at 2% , you still need to interrupt, it will snowball so fast its unreal.

You might want to tell your warrior to post his logs over on the Warrior sub-section. His shield barrier/block uptime isn't good and he isn't using his abilities as good as he could.

In an 8:20~ fight your warrior used shield block ONE TIME? I'm I seeing this right? If so, I can see why 2 healing is an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, looking through logs, it seems like Tank logs aren't all that accurate on Garrosh. Logs say I only have 1% Shuffle up-time on Garrosh..lol

Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    In an 8:20~ fight your warrior used shield block ONE TIME? I'm I seeing this right? If so, I can see why 2 healing is an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, looking through logs, it seems like Tank logs aren't all that accurate on Garrosh. Logs say I only have 1% Shuffle up-time on Garrosh..lol
    I use barrier alot on Garrosh and mine are accurate at around a 50-60% uptime. I wouldn't say logging warrior uptimes has been a problem. (Can post my logs if necesary although i'm not saying i'm the best warrior in the world)

I may missunderstand the fight but isn't empowerment avoidable?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I may missunderstand the fight but isn't empowerment avoidable?
    If you can push the boss before 2 heart phases then yes. Practically, at current gear levels, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If you can push the boss before 2 heart phases then yes. Practically, at current gear levels, no.
    thanks. that is what I thought concerning the phases.
    not sure I agree with damage at current gear levels, considering the deviance in damage between an average player and one that is highly performance driven.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    thanks. that is what I thought concerning the phases.
    not sure I agree with damage at current gear levels, considering the deviance in damage between an average player and one that is highly performance driven.
    Having the second heart at 40% is a realistic expectation for a first kill. In order to get it to 10% instead of 40% (and avoiding second heart completely) you'd need another ~125 millions of damage on phase 2 (lasting 150 seconds since that's what you have before 2nd heart).

125M of damage on 150 seconds means 833k DPS. Assuming 2 tanks and 2 healers that means every DPS AND every tank need to do a little bit over 100k DPS MORE than what they were doing.

Maybe world first guilds can do it (and i'd even wager they can't) but it's really not something to expect from people doing normal garrosh now

Neither could our healers by themselves which is why you be clever with your dps healing cd's.

We did it something like this from memory, First whirling = Tranq, 2nd = Healing Tide, 3rd = Ans Guidance, at this point we are normally at P3 before the next whirling by which point you will have Tranq back up etc etc. The only difference you have is we had a resto druid over your resto sham, simply replace your resto shams Tide for our Tranq.

One word of warning we found on some tries we were pushing boss before the final intermission which messed us up on cd's coming back available, the only time we moan about too much dps!!

Quite simply you should 2 heal it tbh, and if you are going to do that you need to start coordinating your healing cd's AND dmg reduction cd's much better + dont forget about healthstones, can be a wipe saver if raid uses them correctly.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

2 heal it, tank boss in middle off set towards the direction your raid will run.
    Run to wall where engineer usually is on either side you happen to be on.
    Wait there for whirling to end kill adds wait for desecrate weapon and collapse back on tanks for MC easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesandri View Post
    Neither could our healers by themselves which is why you be clever with your dps healing cd's.

We did it something like this from memory, First whirling = Tranq, 2nd = Healing Tide, 3rd = Ans Guidance, at this point we are normally at P3 before the next whirling by which point you will have Tranq back up etc etc. The only difference you have is we had a resto druid over your resto sham, simply replace your resto shams Tide for our Tranq.

One word of warning we found on some tries we were pushing boss before the final intermission which messed us up on cd's coming back available, the only time we moan about too much dps!!

Quite simply you should 2 heal it tbh, and if you are going to do that you need to start coordinating your healing cd's AND dmg reduction cd's much better + dont forget about healthstones, can be a wipe saver if raid uses them correctly.
    Yup I am going to pug a DPS and sit one of our healers that can't keep up,...should go down tonight or i'm off to pvp lol

Just looking at your longest 2 heal wipe, you don't seem to be using raid cooldowns very well during the empowered whirling corruption. No Devo Aura, no Demo Banner, no Tranq from the boomkin, your warrior used Rallying Cry but only 2 people got the buff, a lot of your DPS weren't using personals, some people didn't use healthstones at all.

I'm sure your healers could be doing better, but the rest of the group isn't doing them any favors by not using their cooldowns correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Just looking at your longest 2 heal wipe, you don't seem to be using raid cooldowns very well during the empowered whirling corruption. No Devo Aura, no Demo Banner, no Tranq from the boomkin, your warrior used Rallying Cry but only 2 people got the buff, a lot of your DPS weren't using personals, some people didn't use healthstones at all.

I'm sure your healers could be doing better, but the rest of the group isn't doing them any favors by not using their cooldowns correctly.
    It also sounds like they're spreading way too far apart for whirling corruption. Isn't rally cry a 40yd range. Light spread so healers can still reach you, and just shift when your on top of purple swirls.

Yup, speaking with my healers this definitely looks to be the case as some people were spreading as far as they possibly could, the Healthstone usage will definitely go up and we will try and remain within healing range.

Yup, speaking with my healers this definitely looks to be the case as some people were spreading as far as they possibly could, the Healthstone usage will definitely go up and we will try and remain within healing range.
    just stack a few yards outside the circle in the middle of the room where garrosh is tanked.
    about 20 yards from boss towards where the engineer spawn, in that direction anyway, longways not toward throne.
    once whirling goes off spread out to the wall while taunting an add and killing it, if no taunt just nuke.
    While you are spreading to wall tanks bring boss towards you a little to adjust, boss will be on outer circle in middle of room towards you.
    You are in range of all heals and have 1/2 the room to kill adds and drop weapons, we just leave the weapons alone after 2nd intermission and focus boss. once he is about to phase we group near throne and wait for desecrate weapon then either stack for MC or spread on new side of room for whirling I forget the order.
    You now also ignore adds and nuke boss and aoe adds to pad meters GL.